[Q]Cube program colour change

Search This thread

Necrobilia

Mar 28, 2007
I have seen various posts about changing paths and icons in the cube, but what i would like to know is . Is there a way of having it match your today screen instead of charcoal colour. Imagine having your theme Guava bubbles and your cube reflecting the same.Would be nice if someone could come up with a way :D

Seiya

Apr 21, 2007
Chinon
I Think you've juste to edit and chnge each color of uour *.png installed in your Windows directory or HTCHome directory

Just copy them to your Windows Desktop to view which one you have to edit

and then replace them

Biffert

May 11, 2006
The only problem is that the animations themselfs (when the cube is actualy moving) are hardcoded. It shows when you have some different icons on the cube. When rotating, the old icons appear on the locations you had new ones :(

Dannydeman

Aug 17, 2007
The animation is actually a sort of movie thing so it uses less resources. Its hard to change it, since no one knows the format :) But someone is editting it so it moves different I thought.

xvx45

Jan 16, 2007
France
The animation is formed of multiple ".brn" files. There is an application to transform brn to bmp but nothing to merge from bmp to brn so for the moment no color edition is posible during the animation.

Necrobilia

Mar 28, 2007
thanks for all the info people. much appreciated. i guess with time this situation will change but for now will keep default. cant see no point in changing something if its gonna use defaults as soon as you rotate.:(

r0p3

Jan 30, 2007
The animation is formed of multiple ".brn" files. There is an application to transform brn to bmp but nothing to merge from bmp to brn so for the moment no color edition is posible during the animation.
so it would be at least possible to "debrand" a branded cube when I take the .brn files of an unbranded Touch?

frufo2000

Aug 21, 2007
so it would be at least possible to "debrand" a branded cube when I take the .brn files of an unbranded Touch?

if its possible let me know..

other question: how can ich change the hh_launcher*.png icons, the ones on tab 3 of the homeplugin? overwrite doesn´t work.
thx

r0p3

Jan 30, 2007
if its possible let me know..

other question: how can ich change the hh_launcher*.png icons, the ones on tab 3 of the homeplugin? overwrite doesn´t work.
thx

Try to overwrite all the *.brn files in \windows with the attached original HTC ones and your cube should be debranded - but you have the icons from HTC and the links "behind" the icons from your provider.
It is possible that they are different.
If you want to get back simply delete all those files and your original ROM files should come back instead.
But to be save backup all your*.brn files before

I think it should also be possible to overwrite the hh_launcher*.png icons.
Simply disable the HTC Home element in your today screen settings before overwriting these files. Should work in my opinion

Attachments

• BRNs.zip
    693.5 KB · Views: 557

cpm199

Mar 21, 2008
Where are the rest of the animation BRNs

Try to overwrite all the *.brn files in \windows with the attached original HTC ones and your cube should be debranded - but you have the icons from HTC and the links "behind" the icons from your provider.
It is possible that they are different.
If you want to get back simply delete all those files and your original ROM files should come back instead.
But to be save backup all your*.brn files before

I think it should also be possible to overwrite the hh_launcher*.png icons.
Simply disable the HTC Home element in your today screen settings before overwriting these files. Should work in my opinion

Hey, I downloaded your zip file, but it was missing several animation brns. I'm looking for the following in the same original HTC format.
A2.brn, A4.brn, B2.brn, B4.brn, C2.brn, C4.brn

Thanks!

Re-Mi

Nov 17, 2007
Lelystad
Or,....

You just take these "clean" files and have no icons on the rotating cube .

I'm not in a mood of sorting them out for you just download and take a look wich ones you need

Greetz,

Attachments

• BlankCubeBrns.zip
    759.8 KB · Views: 46
  • BlankCubeBmps.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • Blank_App_Icons.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 35
  • BlankIconBackgroundBmps.zip
    203.2 KB · Views: 35