ICS roms choppy video fix

Search This thread

eclipsekid07

Nov 12, 2010
I couldn't find a video player that would work with cyanogen mod 9 ics rom because lack of hardware acceleration i found that MX video player (free) does work perfectly on my p1000 galaxy tab when set to software decoding though just thought i would let everyone know because i was trying multiple things to get it to work. I have only tried this with .3gp video though. My ics rom does everything I need it to now, hope this helps :) .

Last edited:

qm4n76

Oct 26, 2011
Gorontalo
I couldn't find a video player that would work with cyanogen mod 9 ics rom because lack of hardware acceleration i found that MX video player (free) does work perfectly on my p1000 galaxy tab when set to software decoding though just thought i would let everyone know because i was trying multiple things to get it to work. I have only tried this with .3gp video though. My ics rom does everything I need it to now, hope this helps :) .

I don't have any problem with video player in cm9
Check this

rjumawan

Jun 23, 2007
I still get like a tear looking thing on the upper right part of the screen.How to fix that?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

eclipsekid07

Nov 12, 2010
Settings for Mx Video Player to play .3gp videos

I checked s/w decoder, fast mode and deinterlace in decoder settings that mad my .3gp video played fine i am not sure with other video formats if they will work though what kind of video format are you using?

Last edited:

eclipsekid07

Nov 12, 2010
There is HW acceleration enable on mx video player that I'm using playing the video on my post.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium HD app

When I posted this It was working with software decoder only, you are using a slimdizzy rom a nightly build I was using "CM9 (WIP)" at the time. Now hardware acceleration works fine anyways on Milestone 4 rom.

eclipsekid07

Nov 12, 2010
Update MoboPlayer works better than Mx Video Player

I have found out MoboPlayer is a better solution for a video player. Mx Video Player seems to have some glitches with video playback. I am using build #28 AOKP ICS rom with MoboPlayer and am very pleased with MoboPlayer it works perfect with no choppy playback at all.

qm4n76

Oct 26, 2011
Gorontalo
When I posted this It was working with software decoder only, you are using a slimdizzy rom a nightly build I was using "CM9 (WIP)" at the time. Now hardware acceleration works fine anyways on Milestone 4 rom.
I checked s/w decoder, fast mode and deinterlace in decoder settings that mad my .3gp video played fine i am not sure with other video formats if they will work though what kind of video format are you using?

there is a new kernel from HumberOS, this kernel can apply for all CM9 ROM , it's fix wifi and video HW accel, chek this
Main Features:

• New wifi driver
  • HW/Accel without green glitch.

Download

http://www.humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html

Enjoy!

Greetings from Brazil!

Last edited:
Reactions: eclipsekid07

Saav

Feb 19, 2012
On CM9 + latest humberos kernel I still get video lag for mp4 1080p videos using MX player. Mobo player works like a charm though.

Top Liked Posts