Who prefers to stay on STOCK?????

Search This thread

rayoubi

Aug 6, 2010
i'm curious if anyone here on XDA prefers being on stock. How come? You don't like roms? root? Just curious on what people that love to stay on stock.

Thanks.

Joshua79

May 4, 2012
Bismarck
I am kinda in that boat

I just got my note2 and have since flashed recovery / and clean rom however I tend to like sticking stockish till I know the water temp so to speak. I tried to just do the root with out changing the counter but OTA's killed my root. Hence the twrp and clean rom...

I just cant win... heh.

chris82o

Feb 25, 2008
los angeles
i'm curious if anyone here on XDA prefers being on stock. How come? You don't like roms? root? Just curious on what people that love to stay on stock.

Thanks.
I love being on stock dont get me wrong I love the clean roms and root access but since I am coming as a long term iPhone user stock feels amazing and very open to be able to do so much personalizing to the device without having to get into roms is great but I do hate the boatware lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
I love being on stock dont get me wrong I love the clean roms and root access but since I am coming as a long term iPhone user stock feels amazing and very open to be able to do so much personalizing to the device without having to get into roms is great but I do hate the boatware lol

And it seems that there's no"." key on your iphone. :D

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA

Thanks.

On many phones I have stayed on stock for stability and feature set. In many cases when you go to another rom (especially AOSP) you lose TW features, S-Pen, etc... and in many cases I find not everything is 100%

That said the Note II development is fantastic. Many of the TW based roms give you everything you get with stock, but with more. AOSP you lose the TW feature set but it is amazingly stable and fast with a whole lot of other features.

With my S3 I could not find a single rom that I did not have problems on, but with the Note II I have a harder time deciding WHICH rom to use :good:

skifreek

Mar 22, 2011
CT

So then flash the stock international rom from miscom like a lot of us have.... Stock experience with No bs att bloat

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

plugsmustard

Nov 10, 2009
I'm staying in stock to keep the slow motion video feature. And because CM 10's camera is really glitchy

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

I agree with this guy. Even with my acer liquid mt when I rooted it and used the leaked gingerbread rom for it, the camera (which i use a lot got messed up and would over expose the pictures to white messes of garbage) and I noticed that after switching back to the normal stock rom with root, the camera would screw the video with red green and blue lines...gross I know...

And plus, just like my old ipod touch 2g (which doesnt work cuz the battery is dead. big surprise CRapple) it looked as normal as it should, but behind the curtain, the device was screaming at me to stop, every little tweak, hack, or anything I could do to the device. (Except install android on it because the project cut off 2Gs)

So what im saying is, its more fun to screw with the stock app.
Dont like the boatware?
Download a root app uninstaller.
Dont like anything about most devices?
Someone else doesnt like it either, and theyre smarter than you and figured out how to change that.

Root all stock roms.
Maybe one day, they will have an option to come rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

GOTFrogqc

Dec 26, 2010
Montreal
For me 1st time I'm on stock. I like it and don't see a need for change I did root it. On my SGS the minute I go it I put a rom on it.

Reactions: gotshoaib

TheNetwork

Apr 6, 2011
I did until I discovered PA battery life. Been 5 hours of fair use, mostly as a media player, connected to data. Battery is still at 84%

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note II

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
I hate stock as soon as another ROM handles all I want. I have a toddler. I need camera function. As soon as cm10 fixed it a week ago. I will never go back to stock again. Only 2 features I miss are page buddy and mhl. Page buddy probably can be modded in though :)

I love the new features they keep adding instead of stock. And I love a 150meg download instead of 700meg

Sent from my GN2 using XDA app.

skifreek

Mar 22, 2011
CT
The lack of mhl in cm or aokp keep me on stock based roms

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

kevinat0r

Mar 22, 2011
Alberta
The same day I purchased my Note 2, I had it rooted and has TWRP installed on it. Day 2 I was flashing roms. I guess I just really like to tinker with my phones, because where was nothing wrong with stock!

darkwolfelite

Aug 8, 2010
St.Louis
C.FLAT, "I'm staying in stock to keep the slow motion video feature. And because CM 10's camera is really glitchy"

If you are that concerned with the camera features working why not flash a ROM like Scrosler's CLEAN ROM ATT SE. It made from ATT base. Completely stock without the bloatware. Everything works perfectly and you are not at the mercy of your carrier to recieve OTA's instead your at Scroslers lol. But seriously, I would much rather get/wait for updates from a DEV here on XDA (Where I can talk directly to the DEV and or people in the thread also using the ROM) instead of waiting for carriers to take forever and you can't directly talk to the team of people who made the Official ROM . So for me if you want stock look and feel with no bloatware and is more customizable than actual stock I would go with a ROM based or made from complete stock base. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread belongs in the Q&A forum, not the General forum. (Also, your '?' key seems to be stuck.)
    Gary02468 your number lock seems to be stuck. Qt pie.
    For me 1st time I'm on stock. I like it and don't see a need for change I did root it. On my SGS the minute I go it I put a rom on it.

Slow motion on jedi

I'm on stock cause I got no reason to be otherwise. Everything works as intended, and the so-called "bloatware" is in reality a complete non-issue.