[Kernel] OBOne KernOB 4.3 [3.4.10][Sense JB]

Search This thread

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
This kernel is from the HTC 3.4.10 european source code and has been modified to work on Sprint. It is built with the arm-eabi-4.7 toolchain. There are not a lot of additions/tweaks to maintain stability and cleanliness. This is only for Sense on Android 4.3.

Tips
  • Use an app like Trickster MOD to control the built in goodies.

Added Features
Governors: Smartmax, Lionheart, Lagfree
Over and Under clocking the CPU and GPU
Voltage Control
IO Schedulers: bfq, sio, zen, row, vr, fiops
System wide mounting and system write
Faux Sound Control
Forced Fast Charge
Frandom, Dynamic Fsync
Sweep2Wake, ,Sweep2Sleep, Doubletap2Wake, Logo2Menu, flick2wake/sleep, pick2wake
exFAT/NTFS support
HDMI 1280x720p60
Fix earpiece amplification
Slimbus OC
crpalmer's Thermal Control
Blinking Buttons Notifications
Advanced TCP Congestion Controls

4.3 Download
Version 3.1
Version 3.1 - no flick2wake
Version 3.1 - stock clocks
Version 3.1 - stock clocks - no flick2wake

Version 3
Version 3 - no flick2wake

Version 2.2.1
Version 2.2.1 - stock clocks

Version 2.1
Version 2.1 - Stock Clocks

Changelog
2/2/14 - Version 3.1: Frequency settings stick....finally!
2/1/14 - Version 3: Fixed Lagfree, added fiops, advanced TCP congestion control, crpalmer's thermal control, blinking buttons, flick2wake/sleep, pick2wake, slimbus OC, and disabled perflock
1/07/14 - Version 2.2.1: Fix paid apps/bluetooth/GSM is a no go...
Verizon Thread

Source
If you fork my work to create your own kernel, the least I ask is a little credit:cyclops:. After all, we don't even have proper 4.3 source and I had to do a bit of work to get it to boot. Thanks.:good:
https://github.com/brymaster5000/m7wlv_4.3.git

XDA:DevDB Information
OBOne KernOB, a Kernel for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
brymaster5000
Kernel Special Features: CPU Gov's, IO Schedulers, OC/UC cpu and gpu, voltage control, system rw, faux sound, FFC, Frandom, S2W/S2S/D2W/L2M/L2W, exFAT/NTFS, HDMI 1280x720p60

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.2.1

Created 2014-01-05
Last Updated 2014-02-02

Last edited:

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
It was confirmed by a tester to work on Sprint for android 4.3. Therefore it should work on Sense 5/5.5 as long as its 4.3.

Let me know if you guys have issues...I have the Verizon variant...so a little difficult for me to test.

Reactions: Sloth

nickmilla15

Apr 14, 2013
Orlando
So if we find issues can we pull a logcat? I've never reported issues with a kernel, so I was wondering if they would be any help

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
Am I seeing things? I had to do a double take

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Something told me to go back to tranquil Rom today,glad I did. Can't wait to flash. Thanks alot

androidforeve

Jun 3, 2012
Flashed fine with no problems now the trick is to play with I'm clueless in that department lol

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

androidforeve

Jun 3, 2012
Love double tap to wake on lock screen don't think sweep to sleep works but not big deal let me know how you guys set everything up because I'm a little clueless my phone seems faster without adjusting anything

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
Love double tap to wake on lock screen don't think sweep to sleep works but not big deal let me know how you guys set everything up because I'm a little clueless my phone seems faster without adjusting anything

s2w+s2s both work for me...and double-tap2wake...and logo2wake. I haven't changed any of the OC settings, but default max is set at 2106000, so rockin' along. I have CPU governor on smartmax.

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
Cpu speeds are not sticking for me,I'm using trickster mod

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN

Did you set to apply kernel settings on reboot? The box is not checked by default.

This kernel works in BSC Tranquil 4.3 Sense 5.0 as well. Once the kernel is flashed, it activates the s2w/s2s and logo menu choices in kernel options settings in BadSeed Tweaks. Double tap2wake works with no setting required. For CPU clocking, it looks like Trickster Mod will still have to be used. But TM has s2w/s2s options there as well, so not sure which mod will rule, or if both mods will have to be set the same.

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
Yeah I checked apply kernel settings on reboot, still the frequency doesn't stick

pmacevad

Yeah I checked apply kernel settings on reboot, still the frequency doesn't stick

Did you toggle frequency lock on in trickster? My settings seem to be sticking just fine but I'll monitor. Using on BadBoyz rom svn r11 with no issues so far. Still need to do further testing but so far, so good. Thanks for this, we've been waiting a while for a custom kernel. :good: :victory:

Sent from my rooted & s-off'd HTC One, powered by Android OS ?

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
Did you toggle frequency lock on in trickster? My settings seem to be sticking just fine but I'll monitor. Using on BadBoyz rom svn r11 with no issues so far. Still need to do further testing but so far, so good. Thanks for this, we've been waiting a while for a custom kernel. :good: :victory:

Yeah I did all that, I'm pretty sure I no what I'm doing. I been doing this since the evo shift days.

pmacevad

Yeah I did all that, I'm pretty sure I no what I'm doing. I been doing this since the evo shift days.

Nobody is trying to say you did anything wrong, just trying to make sure you covered everything. What rom ate you trying this on? Maybe you have an init.d script in system/etc/init.d folder causing the problems. I've also been around since the samsung intercept and og evo 4G, so I feel ya...

Reactions: THADDIUS25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
    This kernel is from the HTC 3.4.10 european source code and has been modified to work on Sprint. It is built with the arm-eabi-4.7 toolchain. There are not a lot of additions/tweaks to maintain stability and cleanliness. This is only for Sense on Android 4.3.

Tips
    • Use an app like Trickster MOD to control the built in goodies.

Added Features
    Governors: Smartmax, Lionheart, Lagfree
    Over and Under clocking the CPU and GPU
    Voltage Control
    IO Schedulers: bfq, sio, zen, row, vr, fiops
    System wide mounting and system write
    Faux Sound Control
    Forced Fast Charge
    Frandom, Dynamic Fsync
    Sweep2Wake, ,Sweep2Sleep, Doubletap2Wake, Logo2Menu, flick2wake/sleep, pick2wake
    exFAT/NTFS support
    HDMI 1280x720p60
    Fix earpiece amplification
    Slimbus OC
    crpalmer's Thermal Control
    Blinking Buttons Notifications
    Advanced TCP Congestion Controls

4.3 Download
    Version 3.1
    Version 3.1 - no flick2wake
    Version 3.1 - stock clocks
    Version 3.1 - stock clocks - no flick2wake

Version 3
    Version 3 - no flick2wake

Version 2.2.1
    Version 2.2.1 - stock clocks

Version 2.1
    Version 2.1 - Stock Clocks

Changelog
    2/2/14 - Version 3.1: Frequency settings stick....finally!
    2/1/14 - Version 3: Fixed Lagfree, added fiops, advanced TCP congestion control, crpalmer's thermal control, blinking buttons, flick2wake/sleep, pick2wake, slimbus OC, and disabled perflock
    1/07/14 - Version 2.2.1: Fix paid apps/bluetooth/GSM is a no go...
    Verizon Thread

Source
    If you fork my work to create your own kernel, the least I ask is a little credit:cyclops:. After all, we don't even have proper 4.3 source and I had to do a bit of work to get it to boot. Thanks.:good:
    https://github.com/brymaster5000/m7wlv_4.3.git

XDA:DevDB Information
    OBOne KernOB, a Kernel for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
    brymaster5000
    Kernel Special Features: CPU Gov's, IO Schedulers, OC/UC cpu and gpu, voltage control, system rw, faux sound, FFC, Frandom, S2W/S2S/D2W/L2M/L2W, exFAT/NTFS, HDMI 1280x720p60

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2.1

Created 2014-01-05
    Last Updated 2014-02-02
    Yes. I can add slimbus. Was actually going to maybe add some other tweaks to performce as well. Looks like a busy afternoon ahead of me....wife permitting lol.

Sent from my Ecliptic One.
    Changelog
    2/1/14 - Version 3: Fixed Lagfree, added fiops, advanced TCP congestion control, crpalmer's thermal control, blinking buttons, flick2wake/sleep, pick2wake, slimbus OC, performance tweaks, and disabled perflock

Okay people - this is a major update. I added a lot of stuff. There are two files...one with f2w enabled and one without (I noticed a slight battery drain with it built...but that could have been me with half built stuff in there..so test them out). I do not have a stock clock version yet...but I have disabled perflock...which means this thing now boots at stock clocks and your settings stick without the frequency lock button. However, the first sleep screen and/or gpu tweak will reset the frequency, but after that it sticks.

This thing flies. Enjoy. Just in time to upgrade to kit kat lol...:laugh::good:
    Bluetooth issue people....OP has newest kernel with bluetooth fix. Confirmed working on verizon.
    @thanhtusos and @Cr3a7eR please test the GSM version in the OP. If someone who is on CDMA can test the GSM version for cross compatibility, I will make them one zip to rule them all...
    Figured I would give another update as I promised uploading new kernels the other day. I have been testing the new additions thoroughly to give my blessing...and it appears that while really cool, flick 2 wake/ sleep has an affect on battery. This is because the coding enables the gyro sensor to be on all the time...kind of expected. I need to tweak the code so I can build two versions...one with it and one without it and all the rest of the new additions...give me a few days.

Sent from my Oney Bone.