[Q] Bricked my Nexus 4 while updating to KitKat!

Search This thread

BarryF

Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
cometapps.com
Hi all,

I recently updated my ClockworkMod rooted phone to KitKat 4.? (whatever the latest auto-update release is). It seemed to go well until it asked me if I want to restore root (cannot be undone!!!) and I said YES. Now my phone gets stuck on the boot screen (animated colored circles).

I can still connect with adb and my sdcard looks good (whew) but I cannot use my phone. Can anyone recommend a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Barry

Last edited:

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Hi all,

I recently updated my ClockworkMod rooted phone to KitKat 4.? (whatever the latest auto-update release is). It seemed to go well until it asked me if I want to restore root (cannot be undone!!!) and I said YES. Now my phone gets stuck on the boot screen (animated colored circles).

I can still connect with adb and my sdcard looks good (whew) but I cannot use my phone. Can anyone recommend a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Barry

Full wipe and flash TWRP. :D:cool:

Or if you like, flash twrp and see if that alone will help, but most times the two is usually needed. However with the way things are, ymmv!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Reactions: BarryF

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I will full wipe as a last resort only.

Understood.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
Barry

Darn, forgot to ask you if you are able to get into recovery? If so you might be able to backup everything before you flash the new recovery. My bad! :banghead:

ykumar00

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
Barry

No issues. Use adb reboot bootloader to reboot into fastboot mode. Flash the factory image, except userdata.img, you won't lose any apps or SD card contents, no wipe necessary. If you don't know how, I'll post a link to a guide.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Or just use some toolkit like Wug's and do everything from pc through simple menus.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4

BarryF

Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
cometapps.com
Understood.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Darn, forgot to ask you if you are able to get into recovery? If so you might be able to backup everything before you flash the new recovery. My bad! :banghead:

Um, how do I get into recovery, please? :eek:

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
    Barry

Full wipe and flash TWRP. :D:cool:

Or if you like, flash twrp and see if that alone will help, but most times the two is usually needed. However with the way things are, ymmv!

I will full wipe as a last resort only.

Understood.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
    Barry

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
    Barry

No issues. Use adb reboot bootloader to reboot into fastboot mode. Flash the factory image, except userdata.img, you won't lose any apps or SD card contents, no wipe necessary. If you don't know how, I'll post a link to a guide.
    Or just use some toolkit like Wug's and do everything from pc through simple menus.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4
    just do a full flash via fastboot...
    and flash data :D...n roms too :)

Send my signature phone to XDA with bad grammar