DIY Wallmount TF700

Search This thread

TEmp69

Sep 4, 2011
I am working on a wallmount for my TF700 atm, so once entering the door to my apartment i can grab and operate my house automation software with it.

Basically the 3D modell is done in Google Sketchup.

Wallmount_TF700_00.jpg

Wallmount_TF700_01.jpg

Sliced the modell into a back-, mid- and frontplate, and exported it into a dwg-file which you can find in the zip attachment.

View attachment 1652239

I will use my local carpenter to provide me with the plates and work my way forward from this point. Please be advised i have not had time to cut the plates yet since i am quite busy irl atm.

Some work i still need to finish:

- thin rubberband between the tablet and wood, for easy safe sliding into the wallmount
- charging hole @ the bottom
- the mount system itself, hopefully removeable mayby integrate a kickstand so i can even place it on a table

Questions:

Is there a pin layout for the bottom charging plug, i heared it should also support audio out for external speakers there or can this only be achived by the headphone interface at the side of the tablet?

incarceration

Aug 12, 2011
I like this idea!

What sort of home automation do you use? Something similar to Brighthouse Networks?

Toastysoul

Aug 28, 2012
I find that a heavy duty felt works very well as a smooth barrier between two objects. Mostly, I've used it to keep my wood furniture from scratching the new floors, but the same principle applies obviously with glass & wood. It provides a good deal of padding beyond just the low friction surface, and it's also super cheap to boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am working on a wallmount for my TF700 atm, so once entering the door to my apartment i can grab and operate my house automation software with it.

Basically the 3D modell is done in Google Sketchup.

Wallmount_TF700_00.jpg

Wallmount_TF700_01.jpg

Sliced the modell into a back-, mid- and frontplate, and exported it into a dwg-file which you can find in the zip attachment.

View attachment 1652239

I will use my local carpenter to provide me with the plates and work my way forward from this point. Please be advised i have not had time to cut the plates yet since i am quite busy irl atm.

Some work i still need to finish:

- thin rubberband between the tablet and wood, for easy safe sliding into the wallmount
    - charging hole @ the bottom
    - the mount system itself, hopefully removeable mayby integrate a kickstand so i can even place it on a table

Questions:

Is there a pin layout for the bottom charging plug, i heared it should also support audio out for external speakers there or can this only be achived by the headphone interface at the side of the tablet?