JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Here - All others will be locked -

Search This thread

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
Wtf really which support said that? If true this is an absolute nightmare. I want them to swap my s3 for an s4 no charge then.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Htc chat online....and i said that to them as i couldnt be guaranteed that a fault wont occur in the future and they were having none of it. They've passed my details onto a higher placed manager and should be contacted this week about it. Will try it with them to send me an s4 model but doubt i will

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

istnag

Sep 11, 2010
transparency lnessibe

I contacted HTC on thursday and they said that my phone (htc__001) had downloaded the updates 3 days prior but there was a corruption/error and it failed to notify with the update. They said the only way i can now update is to send my phone off for 7 days....absolutely absurd really and i wont be bothering to update.

It is safe to say my next device will be a nexus

hy,
can ypou help me?
What does it mean exatly:
"to send my phone off for 7 days"
Is this mean that you need to turn off your phone for one week?
Thank you very much!

remyandcoke

Nov 27, 2008
london
I contacted HTC on thursday and they said that my phone (htc__001) had downloaded the updates 3 days prior but there was a corruption/error and it failed to notify with the update. They said the only way i can now update is to send my phone off for 7 days....absolutely absurd really and i wont be bothering to update.

It is safe to say my next device will be a nexus

I have been in touch with them today about my device (S3 HTC__001). They said I should have got it as well. Now they are telling me that it has to be manually installed at their repair centre...

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
I have been in touch with them today about my device (S3 HTC__001). They said I should have got it as well. Now they are telling me that it has to be manually installed at their repair centre...

Yeah which takes 7 days...

hy,
can ypou help me?
What does it mean exatly:
"to send my phone off for 7 days"
Is this mean that you need to turn off your phone for one week?
Thank you very much!

No it means sent off to repair cente which takes 7 days

Reactions: istnag

GabrielVoicu

Feb 10, 2013
Bucharest
www.gravuralaser.eu
Hello everyone,

Anybody tried to use a memory stick via OTG cable? I reaaly wanted this feature in JB, and i cannot use it because after i connect the stick via OTG, it shows "Preparing USB Storage" / "USB Storage ready" and after a while (10 seconds to 1 minute) it disconnects ("USB Storage unexpectedly removed"), and then again is ready and again it disconnects and so on. I tried 6 different sticks and 2 cables.

I have a HOS S3, received the update few days ago.

Another small issue is that sometimes the ringing / notifications sounds are very low, with volume set to maximum.
These are the only issues for me, no keyboard lag, very smooth, all is great.

tjsinghlion

Jun 26, 2012
I really need some help

Hello everyone, I am A One S user and REALLY want the Jelly bean update for t mobile-US. I see that HTC is having problems with that so I think that i may just end up rooting and installing 4.2.1. The only problem im having is that as i read through these forums, its like I keep finding new steps to do. I also don't want to miss anything in the process but I don't know what applies to my phone and what doeskin. Also I am not too much of a NOOB, because this will be my 4th rooted phone that i would have. Can someone please list the processes i need to follow in order to achieve my goal. I know so far about Unlocking boot loader, installing recovery, rooting, but then i get a little confused with the installing a ROM and the Boot.img. Ive never had to do that before and im kind of confused. I know this is long but can someone please help. And yes i have read all the guides on the HTC ONE S thread

G

GuestX0019

Hello everyone, I am A One S user and REALLY want the Jelly bean update for t mobile-US. I see that HTC is having problems with that so I think that i may just end up rooting and installing 4.2.1. The only problem im having is that as i read through these forums, its like I keep finding new steps to do. I also don't want to miss anything in the process but I don't know what applies to my phone and what doeskin. Also I am not too much of a NOOB, because this will be my 4th rooted phone that i would have. Can someone please list the processes i need to follow in order to achieve my goal. I know so far about Unlocking boot loader, installing recovery, rooting, but then i get a little confused with the installing a ROM and the Boot.img. Ive never had to do that before and im kind of confused. I know this is long but can someone please help. And yes i have read all the guides on the HTC ONE S thread

You are kinda in wrong thread for rooting, flashing tips. But, that said. Make sure you know whether you have an S3 or S4 device. Can't flash S4 roms on S3 devices and vice versa. Even though you read all that, I found out in the beginning doesn't hurt to reread. Each phone as you know has it's own quirks for flashing.

Find out your hboot. If at or over .13 you will need to flash the boot images separate from rom as most thread OP pages recommend. If below .13, you may not have to. I recommend TWRP recovery. 2.4.1.1 works good. There is a TWRP thread in dev section. I recommend reading OP pages of threads carefully and the first/last 20 pages.

If you are not familiar with adb/fastboot, Flash Image GUI is a good app to flash boot image. Usually done after flashing rom. But, GUI may do it different. May be a thread on it too, not sure. Highly suggest wiping all things in recovery to include System before flashing a new rom. Maybe 2x or 3X. Make a nandroid and sdcard backup and put a copy of them on your pc before doing anything after rooting. Prior to rooting MyBackUp Pro is good app to back up most phone stuff.

Things keep changing and hard to keep up with as I have a .06 hboot and can flash most everything without fastboot or GUI. So, don't keep up on some of this. Some devs have radio installers you can download and run thru recovery to flash radio. There are aosp and sense ones. Another reason to study up on whichever rom you want to run.

On sense roms you will have whatever radio is on your phone unless you run one of the installers mentioned. On aosp/10.1 roms the radio from the rom is put on System Partition. Also, some of the aosp roms need gapps flashed separate as they don't come with it included.

Got a little carried away. But, would post other questions like this in Q&A as a new thread or in the Noob sections. ;)

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for that Rugman. I know you old hands hate questions like this, but I have to say that fooling with the One S seems prohibitively complicated. I had an EVO 4G before that and was pretty confident trying out roms. With S-ON on the One S, and all this craziness with Wifi partitions and hboot and Sense, every time I get close to flashing a ROM I back off because there seems to be so many compromises or bugs you have to accept to run it. So I'm still on 4.0.3 rooted and I think I'll stay there until T-Mo US finally releases and someone can bake ROMs off that.

G

GuestX0019

Thanks for that Rugman. I know you old hands hate questions like this, but I have to say that fooling with the One S seems prohibitively complicated. I had an EVO 4G before that and was pretty confident trying out roms. With S-ON on the One S, and all this craziness with Wifi partitions and hboot and Sense, every time I get close to flashing a ROM I back off because there seems to be so many compromises or bugs you have to accept to run it. So I'm still on 4.0.3 rooted and I think I'll stay there until T-Mo US finally releases and someone can bake ROMs off that.

Understand--:)

GMonkey

Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
Stupid Ville C2 Doorstop

Is there anything yet for HTC_001 in the UK for this long forgotten villeC2 model? Played this game with HTC with the Desire and I've finally had enough. It's over a year until my upgrade so I've ordered a Nexus to tie me over until I can have a fresh choice from the 2014 ranges when my renewal comes up. Just want Jellybean so I can use it as a selling point when I get rid of it.

decievedthought

Jan 8, 2012
Is there anything yet for HTC_001 in the UK for this long forgotten villeC2 model? Played this game with HTC with the Desire and I've finally had enough. It's over a year until my upgrade so I've ordered a Nexus to tie me over until I can have a fresh choice from the 2014 ranges when my renewal comes up. Just want Jellybean so I can use it as a selling point when I get rid of it.

Right with ya brother HTC-001 here. I finally caved in rooted and on luxandroid till trickdroid 6 is out. But this is my last HTC. I will probably go nexus as well oraybe Samsung who knows but HTC have lost a loyal customer.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

GMonkey

Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
Right with ya brother HTC-001 here. I finally caved in rooted and on luxandroid till trickdroid 6 is out. But this is my last HTC. I will probably go nexus as well oraybe Samsung who knows but HTC have lost a loyal customer.

Good choice! I always root once my phones get into the 2nd year and support dies off and I was very tempted to crack early. Samsung are pretty good, I have a note 2 tablet and it's great! And it's had jelly bean for ages. I was almost tempted to wait for the S3 but, I thought I'd go for the smarter hardware choice at the time and the X looked too big. So what's lux like? I'd be gutted if it's awesome:(

Originally I had the real HOS but, lost it and had a new one from my insurance end of Nov. Wasn't until Dec when everyone was getting updates that I realised I'd been had. I thought I had a winner because this one came unbranded. My mate at work doesn't even know what JB is and he's got it on a branded phone. I almost swapped phones to see if he noticed. You should have seen me sulk over the holidays when I found out. My buzz is updates and even though they're always tiny steps it's still enough to keep me happy and there are a lot of updates that HTC don't even push out. After working out how many minor security fixes and updates I've missed + time lapsed between them I thought it was just better to cut out the middle man.

ccrama

May 17, 2012
Any word on the update for T-Mobile HTC One S? It seems like a very long time to wait for an update after more than 2 months of beta testing...

fstmstngs

Nov 11, 2007
What really chaps my ass is T-Mobile's lack of communication with its customers. We knew HTC released the update to T-Mobile. We knew T-Mobile started beta testing... and then silence! Not an effing word. If they came out and said they found some bugs and just took the time to update their customers on the status, most people would be understanding. Their lack of communication makes it seem as if they don't care because they're more concerned about releasing new handsets. OK... end of rant. I just installed CM10 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

hunabku

Jun 12, 2012
Question: why & what the hell is so special about the tmobile update that they have a different release?

chota_shivaji

Jul 21, 2008
Any word on the update for T-Mobile HTC One S? It seems like a very long time to wait for an update after more than 2 months of beta testing...

No update on my tmous hos. My nexus 7 got 4.2.2 update yesterday. Where the hell is 4.1 at least, tmous? Looks like you back stabbed us :(

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

VBolgaria

Nov 5, 2011
Currently using Jelly Bean Sense 4+ from the One S Special Edition and I've yet to encounter a single bug. Honestly, it runs PERFECTLY. I mean, it is designed for this phone. Lol.

Reactions: freshmike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned (a bit)

OK, guys,

I clened the thread of about 50 of the most trolling/OT posts (from the last 100 posts alone). I won't go further back because of time restrictions. Please, though this thread topic is held very widely by purpose, try to at least stay within it's boundaries. I'll keep an eye on it, and if I find repeat-offenders, there will be trouble.

peace

jotha - forum moderator
    Thread Cleaned

Stop with the random off topic questions and spamming. This thread is for JB news and discussion only.​
    Some humour to ease up the tension :)
    You know,its not abouth htc update crap,its aboyth why they sux....tbh I loveD htc..but after reading THEY ARE SORRY FOR MAKING ONE X WITH HARDWARE not software bug!which cant be solved!!!!And this crap s bug with home button on our one s WITH SH IT BATTERY COMPARING to s3...i were idiot to get this one s.....my bad mistake..htc do make nice phones,but hey,whats difference when u put them in case?NONE..shame on htc..they should ask themself WHY they lost soo much money this year TOTAL FAIL ..welcome sam**** ...shame no normal phone maker......

U mad bro?

Why the hell all people post that no update is available?
    Post only if you have the update please.

gesendet von meinem Viper One S