[ROM] [T210R/T210] KidzRom by gr8nole UPDATED with more languages

Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Update 2 below is provided to fix file transfer issues between tablet and PC.

Check out this video review by @glevitan. http://youtu.be/oZQvwXbOi60

This is a port of the T2105 Kids Tab from Samsung.

It has normal mode and Kids mode. Kids mode features a kids launcher, kids camera, various kids games, and parental controls. Pre-installed kids games are automatically hidden from the normal mode app drawer (they can be un-hidden). I haven't explored all the kids games, so feel free to report about your experiences.

It is a very large rom, so some of the kids apps have been converted to user apps (data/apps).

I make no guarantees that every kids app will work flawlessly. If it doesn't work, just remove it and download a new one.

It is still loaded with all the Samsung bloatware, so it isn't exactly the snappiest rom out there. It is also rooted, so you can easily remove whatever you wish. It includes a self-compiled kernel, but I recommend @ketut.kumajaya's Blackhawk kernel.

Install using your favorite custom recovery. Full wipe/factory reset required.

1. Download the KidzRom World Edition HERE. This version has more languages than the original US version.
    or
    Download the original US version of the rom HERE.

2. Install Update 1 after rom installation (original US version only). This update removes a couple kids apps that didn't work properly and updates a couple that had store updates. There are plenty of kids apps in the kids store to replace the ones removed.

3. All users should install Update 2 to fix file transfer issues between tablet and pc.

4. (Optional) If your tablet has the newer bootloader version, you may get a black screen during the boot process. You can use the kernel from THIS post or install the latest blackhawk kernel.

No need to wipe before installing the updates.

----------------------------------------------------------

Flash at your own risk, I take no responsibility for what you may break.

Kids_Launcher.png

Last edited:

hieuman

Mar 4, 2012
las vegas
are there any bugs?

i don't have a tab 3 yet but i've been debating whether or not to get this or the official kids version for my son but if this has no bugs i don't see any reason why i would buy the more expensive one.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
are there any bugs?

i don't have a tab 3 yet but i've been debating whether or not to get this or the official kids version for my son but if this has no bugs i don't see any reason why i would buy the more expensive one.

I didn't really notice any bugs when I was testing, but I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it.

We'll have to wait for some reports to come in.

Edit: Okay, some of the kid games don't work correctly. I will release an update if I figure out the issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Last edited:
Reactions: jimyv

sawari

Nov 13, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
KidzRom for T211?

Wow very promising rom! Is there any way to get this rom for GSM version of Tab 3 7.0 (T211)? My kid will love it! Thank you.

Reactions: gr8nole

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Wow very promising rom! Is there any way to get this rom for GSM version of Tab 3 7.0 (T211)? My kid will love it! Thank you.

I have no intention of trying to get it working on any other device, but if someone who owns a T211 wants to use it as a base, I don't mind at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I posted an update in the OP (only about 60mb) that will remove a couple kids apps that didn't work properly. There are plenty of apps in the kids store to replace the ones removed. :good:

Reactions: kacperclark

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
thanks gr8nole, I have flashed this rom onto a T210 which we bought for our daughter's Christmas, works out £60 cheaper in the UK by buying the kids case and pen which comes with the T2105 and adding it to the £99 T210.

Even if you don't find the time to work out the issues with the Asian language apps, the UI is so much nicer than what's available on the play store and I know my daughter is going to love this present! I have a large catalogue of games and apps associated with my play account anyway, which will be made available to her in kids mode.

Props again gr8nole

Great...and thank you very much @Redonkulous for the donation.:D

Se23

Oct 17, 2011
When I try to install in cwm I get "error signing signature" uk t210

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Se23

Oct 17, 2011
Disable signature check in CWM.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

Thanks I did that and it installed. Booted tab, chose kid mode as launcher - always and its black screen with message "unfortunately kids mode has stopped". Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

Dont worry, I reset it all from cwm and working fine. Thank you soooo much going to have one happy little girl.

Last edited:
Reactions: gr8nole

Se23

Oct 17, 2011
Great...and thank you very much @Redonkulous for the donation.:D

Hey, what donation did Redonkulous make? I want to donate a couple quid to say thanks as you've saved me about £50 as I was only interested in the launcher anyway. Ps I went to check update and got the massage that the system is modified so update cannot proceed. Im not botherd much as tab runs well but just asking if you have any ideas because I tried temp unroot but get same message.

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Hey, what donation did Redonkulous make? I want to donate a couple quid to say thanks as you've saved me about £50 as I was only interested in the launcher anyway. Ps I went to check update and got the massage that the system is modified so update cannot proceed. Im not botherd much as tab runs well but just asking if you have any ideas because I tried temp unroot but get same message.

It was a generous donation through Paypal. If you would like to do the same, just click the "Donate to Me" button under my avatar on any of my posts (only visible in a browser, not the app) or just look at my profile to see the Paypal donation email address. Any amount is very much appreciated.

Official updates will not work once the system has been modified. They always check for changes before applying the update. If a big update comes along, I will do what I can to update the rom as necessary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 2 below is provided to fix file transfer issues between tablet and PC.

Check out this video review by @glevitan. http://youtu.be/oZQvwXbOi60

This is a port of the T2105 Kids Tab from Samsung.

It has normal mode and Kids mode. Kids mode features a kids launcher, kids camera, various kids games, and parental controls. Pre-installed kids games are automatically hidden from the normal mode app drawer (they can be un-hidden). I haven't explored all the kids games, so feel free to report about your experiences.

It is a very large rom, so some of the kids apps have been converted to user apps (data/apps).

I make no guarantees that every kids app will work flawlessly. If it doesn't work, just remove it and download a new one.

It is still loaded with all the Samsung bloatware, so it isn't exactly the snappiest rom out there. It is also rooted, so you can easily remove whatever you wish. It includes a self-compiled kernel, but I recommend @ketut.kumajaya's Blackhawk kernel.

Install using your favorite custom recovery. Full wipe/factory reset required.

1. Download the KidzRom World Edition HERE. This version has more languages than the original US version.
      or
      Download the original US version of the rom HERE.

2. Install Update 1 after rom installation (original US version only). This update removes a couple kids apps that didn't work properly and updates a couple that had store updates. There are plenty of kids apps in the kids store to replace the ones removed.

3. All users should install Update 2 to fix file transfer issues between tablet and pc.

4. (Optional) If your tablet has the newer bootloader version, you may get a black screen during the boot process. You can use the kernel from THIS post or install the latest blackhawk kernel.

No need to wipe before installing the updates.

----------------------------------------------------------

Flash at your own risk, I take no responsibility for what you may break.

Kids_Launcher.png
    Screenshots....
    Hi again...

Can u tell me where you are getting these Portuguese kids apps? Or if it's not too much trouble, would you mind sharing them?

Best regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

As I said I extracted them from the Tab3 Kids Portuguese Rom (TPH), you can download from Sammobile.com (search on cache.img) and also from the Fnac Junior rom you can download from Bqreaders.com.

I am trying to make a package to auto install them, Wem I get it done I´ll try and share themm (its over 1Gb)
    MODS

No Background Music mod eliminates the background music while in Kids Mode.
    Merry Christmas everyone... I hope all the kids enjoy this rom!!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4