[Q] Which partition do I need to flash my custom recovery to ?

Search This thread

chuck_0

Jun 27, 2013
My nexus 7 2012 stock is slow as hell. I've unloecked the bootloader to root it and put custom kernel and rom but I get a red exlamation mark when I want to load into recovery mode. I've read that I can sideload a custom recovery over the android toolkit but I encounter a problem.

On which partition should I load my custom recovery with android toolkit. I am stuck at th screen where I need to chose one of the partition. It says 1. Boot 2. Bootloader 3. cache 4. radio 5. recovery 6 system 7 userdate (I don't want to click anything that could brick my device). Which partition should I load my img to ? Can anyone help me with this, that'd be highly appreciated.

Thanks !

Last edited:

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
I can't recommend enough to you to read some (or a lot) guides before doing anything to your device. Start with this one here and look around on the internet, there are plenty of well-written guide out there. It's better to read for a few hours than bricking your precious device.

tl;dr: to the recovery partition

Domino5

Jan 14, 2011
Zadupie
Try "wugs root toolkit" this is windows app that can do everything what you need to start with customizing, flasing roms, kernels and so on.