[Q] Error status 7 ****s

Search This thread

loveymangal

Sep 20, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22
Every time i try to install any kitkat rom on my Xperia u it give error status 7 and now if i edited updater script not its giving installation failed after updating partition details.... really need help got irritated with this problem...help.HELP

danishsajjad

May 24, 2014
Lahore
Status 7 Details...

Which ROM were you trying to flash, specifically?

However,

Status error 7 is not only due to a logical error in updater-script, but it can also be caused due to an out dated update-binary. Try using the update binary below and if it does not help, report it to your ROM developer to fix the issue in updater-script.

Happy Flashing...:cowboy:

Attachments

• update-binary.zip
    277.1 KB · Views: 30

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Which ROM were you trying to flash, specifically?

However,

Status error 7 is not only due to a logical error in updater-script, but it can also be caused due to an out dated update-binary. Try using the update binary below and if it does not help, report it to your ROM developer to fix the issue in updater-script.

Happy Flashing...:cowboy:

Most error 7 updater errors are due to failed assertions, which re there for a reason. Some kernels/CWM recoveries do not have the right props set so the assertions will fail.

@danaksim, "fixing" the script is not a solution unless you realy know what you are doing and may be a death sentence for the device.

@loveymangal, when you asking such a question provide detailes for what ROM you are trying to install, link, or if you cannot post link at least the exact title and site it's on. Also provide the steps you made, and which ROM/kernel/CWM recovery you are using now.