[Q] Moto G Music/Media headphone volume too low?

Search This thread

MarckozZ

Jan 4, 2013
Argentina
Is Sound Effects app properly configured? Have you uninstalled it?

And your G is an original GPE or have you converted it to GPE?

OldYellowBricks

Aug 31, 2012
Ive not tested this on GPE firmware but you can give it a go. If there is such a file (mixer_path), and there are the said lines, then try to change it. As usual, perform a nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong. Use this method ONLY if the said files and lines are present okay? I can safely say that it works on CM based roms.

xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/headphones-volume-increase-cm11-kitkat-t2830060 <---- I'm talking about this

MetalPhoenix45

Jul 21, 2014
NYC
Ive not tested this on GPE firmware but you can give it a go. If there is such a file (mixer_path), and there are the said lines, then try to change it. As usual, perform a nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong. Use this method ONLY if the said files and lines are present okay? I can safely say that it works on CM based roms.

xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/headphones-volume-increase-cm11-kitkat-t2830060 <---- I'm talking about this
I am well aware of this. If I increase this, the sound will distort. So I don't wish to use this method.

Reactions: OldYellowBricks

OldYellowBricks

Aug 31, 2012
I am well aware of this. If I increase this, the sound will distort. So I don't wish to use this method.

To be honest, Ive tested this on crappy AND good headphones I didnt notice any distortion (i dont have audiomods, i dont increase bass or anything nor have i experienced distrortion on high frequencies) so I'm a bit dumbfounded. Different roms have different ways of managing audio, i guess. I really want people to focus on this issue too. Ive been looking here and there for a solution to be honest. I hope you'll find a solution and share it here

MetalPhoenix45

Jul 21, 2014
NYC
To be honest, Ive tested this on crappy AND good headphones I didnt notice any distortion (i dont have audiomods, i dont increase bass or anything nor have i experienced distrortion on high frequencies) so I'm a bit dumbfounded. Different roms have different ways of managing audio, i guess. I really want people to focus on this issue too. Ive been looking here and there for a solution to be honest. I hope you'll find a solution and share it here

I wish someone here in the XDA developers make a custom kernel for this so it won't distort.

OldYellowBricks

Aug 31, 2012
I wish someone here in the XDA developers make a custom kernel for this so it won't distort.

There are kernels for GPE that have fauxsound implemented (supposedly its very good at inxreasing volume) but the problem is you have to pay to be able to use the feature using a paid app. I had problems with it where the volume boost wouldnt stick after a reboot, but im not in anyway from stopping you to try it out. You may get different results. Try looking around our moto g forum (for kernels that have fauxsound)

MetalPhoenix45

Jul 21, 2014
NYC
There are kernels for GPE that have fauxsound implemented (supposedly its very good at inxreasing volume) but the problem is you have to pay to be able to use the feature using a paid app. I had problems with it where the volume boost wouldnt stick after a reboot, but im not in anyway from stopping you to try it out. You may get different results. Try looking around our moto g forum (for kernels that have fauxsound)

Can you link me one for KitKat 4.4.4.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

rapnix

Mar 11, 2007
try to install first the rocket music player in there you can play about the equalizer.. if not try to find in this section about the dolby digital for moto g may be that could help

MetalPhoenix45

Jul 21, 2014
NYC
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2694576

here's one. It says on the first post that it should work on GPE

AND it does have the fauxsound thing. It's in the changelog

I downloaded this and did a backup. Then I flashed it. Everything was fine. I downloaded fauxsound app. Everything was working until I did a reboot to delete my backup. Sure enough, the phone was bricked AFTER I deleted my backup. I turn on my phone, in the google logo. Everything becomes purple and the screen goes black. I cleared cache and dalvik to see if that works but it didn't so I had to do a factory reset. Thanks so much!

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.