[Recovery] ClockworkMod v2.5.1.8 / v3.0.0.5 (Updated 06.02.2011)

Search This thread

anton_46

Apr 18, 2010
Hi. I have problem with ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5. When i write "flash_image recovery recovery.img", it give me this message:
"failed with error: -1
error opening recovery.img#"

If I write "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img", it give me again the same message.
"failed with error: -1
error opening recovery.img#"
How to fix that problem? Sorry for my English...

anton_46

Apr 18, 2010
I put my file in SD card directory, but I see, that I have recovery. zip and in the zip there is. img file. I will try again.
EDIT: Okey, it give me "flashing recovery.img from..." Am I ready to flash ROM?

Last edited:

toushiro

Nov 5, 2009
Tokyo
can you write me all the line I have to type please?
I have never done it, but if I understand, I can push this file with the terminal emulator app, is it right?

Sent from my Tattoo using XDA App

rallapag

Apr 19, 2010
Shouldn't it be:
Code:
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "data", "/data");
to rule out any mistakes just used only above command
but gives me status 7 error
"mount() expects 3 args, got 4"
Hi Arco,
I spent little more time investigating on updater script and this is what i have found
I took your GB updater-script: As you run a script to back up system contents, it mounts system,
then if i try to use format command it needs 3 arguments and mount command needs 4 arguments (error will be like this: "mount() expects 4 args, got 3")
Code:
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system");
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

but if the updater starts without any backup script
then it is expecting 3 args for mount and 2 args for format, as mentioned previously with data wipe problem in my previous post

Last edited:

mr schwarz

Oct 3, 2010
Is the clockwork mod from cyanogen mod whit full wipe option better than this or the same?

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Eh, I just updated it with full wipe option. Original Clockwork recovery doesn't have that. Full wipe means it will format all partitions completely in one step, so you don't need to first wipe data/factory reset and then format system.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
3.0.0.5 problem

clockwork 3.0.0.5 not flashing MondoROM-0.1Q
update/updater script problem (i don't know about them)
what to do ?

potattoo

Aug 2, 2010
i just made a backup and then afterwards i realized the sdcard was completely full. So i wonder, did backup all or fail due to not enough disk space though it said 'backup complete'?
Does it check for such case? :confused:

Anyway i better clean up the sdcard and run backup again...

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
update script

Anyone please upload update script (meta inf folder ) use in clockworkmod 3.0.0.6 for update
I m not developer so don't know much about these thing I simply make update.zip by using them
Thanks in advance for uploader ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all.

I've compiled the latest ClockworkMod recovery for the Tattoo. In addition to the normal features it has, this is using a custom smaller font, so the text fits better on a QVGA screen.

If you're already rooted, you can flash it with "flash_image recovery recovery.img" (after running "su" first) from a terminal shell prompt, or from adb shell.

v2.5.1.8 is the last version included in CyanogenMod 6 sources
    v3.0.0.5 is the new recovery from CyanogenMod 7 sources

How to flash instructions

Credits:
    CM Team/Koush
    KalimochoAz
    NForce25
    06.02.2011 - Repack of 3.0.0.5 with advanced backup and wipe all function. Wipe all will completely format and erase all partitions.
    I suppose it can be done, so I'll take a look. Thanks for the links.
    There's no "Power Off" option?
    Nope. I've been missing it too sometimes, actually.
    Is possible to add Ps3 Jailbreaking?
    You would need to ask the ClockworkMod author for that feature I'm afraid, but I doubt he well add it. Take a look here though.
    I see the kernel patches for the Tattoo is no longer there. When he adds a working patch I'll try again.