[LG P769_v20H][JB 4.1.2][NANDROID][DEODEX+INIT.D]

Search This thread

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
:Welcome to Stock:

Keep in mind this is a WIP, thread and files will be updated, so subscribe to thread to stay up to date.

This Rom is Intended for those with the LG-L9, T-mobile or Wind P769 variant or the LGMS769 variant for MetroPCS, My full support being on the T-Mobile Variant
As im sure we all know, not everyone can unlock their bootloader. :bummer:
For those of us who can't, we are limited with what we can unleash out of even a low end device.
A tweaked Nandroid can work wonders over stock of course

Current Features:

• [*]Added Apps (Apollo, ES File Explorer File Manager, Google Keyboard, Nova Launcher)
    [*]Deodexed
    [*]Debloated(Mostly)
    [*]Full Init.d Support (Kudos to Kuma82)
MORE TO COME!

Precautions:
You must be rooted and have cwm installed for this to be of any use to you.
Restore at your own risk, i am of no responsibility for any damages brought to your phone(see it every post, thought id add it)

Install Instructions:

1. [*]Boot into CWM and make a full Nandroid (for both restoring data or reverting back)
    [*]Download the ZIP file (Link Provided Below)
    [*]Extract the ZIP on pc and copy it to your clockworkmod folder (ie: /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/2013-10-10.09.27.56)
    [*]Disconnect phone, Reboot phone in CWM. Wipe Data/factory reset, Cache partition and Dalvik Cache.
    [*]Select Backup and Restore, Restore Backup and done.
    [*]*optional* advanced restore data

Download Link:

Last edited:

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
Long night. gotta be up in 2 hours. Any issues please let me know. Losing my mind, Sleepy sleepy sleepy. Themes, zipalign/tweaks coming shortly! have a goodnight everyone(morning)
signed
-T3HG00GLEG33K

NeoVincent28

Aug 25, 2013
How are you guys doing this are you using kitchen or android sdk. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I have done a little research. Most of the guides I come across are using custom Roms for the example.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Thank you!!!!!!! This is at least great news after my epic fail with trying to unlock the bootloader of my P769. :) I can't wait for the themes! Can I recommend Holo? Pleeeeeease....lmao.

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Everything runs great except that Goggle Keyboard kept force closing. I fixed it by using ES File Explorer to reinstall it but it happened again when I rebooted. I wound up removing it. Great job, though. :)

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
Everything runs great except that Goggle Keyboard kept force closing. I fixed it by using ES File Explorer to reinstall it but it happened again when I rebooted. I wound up removing it. Great job, though. :)

Just found that myself as well. I dunno why it did that. I may have duplicated it in both system/app and system/apps/boot

will try and see what I can do

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
How are you guys doing this are you using kitchen or android sdk. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I have done a little research. Most of the guides I come across are using custom Roms for the example.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk now Free

Kitchen and adb. Nothing to complicated really

Reactions: NeoVincent28

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
Nope. Its just a shot in the dark. Most of the time if not always will end in security error. Etc. Which is fine. Not like this a really high end device or anything ya know

bountyman334

Account currently disabled
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta
Sony Xperia 1 III
Nope. Its just a shot in the dark. Most of the time if not always will end in security error. Etc. Which is fine. Not like this a really high end device or anything ya know

yea i kno ... i thought the amaze was hhard to unlock...this got that beat...i did unlock the g2x when i had last month was easy ...u tried anything else as far unlocking the boot loader

snowlin

Sep 21, 2010
San Diego
yea i kno ... i thought the amaze was hhard to unlock...this got that beat...i did unlock the g2x when i had last month was easy ...u tried anything else as far unlocking the boot loader

Oh man I would be happy to use the wire trick on this phone if it unlocked the boot loader hahaha. I kind of regret getting the l9 as a warranty replacement for my amaze :/

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Oh man I would be happy to use the wire trick on this phone if it unlocked the boot loader hahaha. I kind of regret getting the l9 as a warranty replacement for my amaze :/

Yup, this phone is my warranty replacement too. I used to have a Galaxy II and I miss it so much. :(

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
Yup, this phone is my warranty replacement too. I used to have a Galaxy II and I miss it so much. :(

Lmfao. My warrant phone too. Miss my nexus 4. =\ does everyone have the l9 as a replacement? Lol. sorry themed hasn't been uploaded yet, going through my paces lately. Haven't had time for much, just been working and sleeping alot. Will hopefully have it themed at least the big parts by next week or so.

Ilxaot

May 1, 2013
Parrish
I actually bought mine because I didn't want the replacement I was getting lol. I like this phone a lot but the bootloader kills it. Why can't companies just be cool? /:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :Welcome to Stock:

Keep in mind this is a WIP, thread and files will be updated, so subscribe to thread to stay up to date.

This Rom is Intended for those with the LG-L9, T-mobile or Wind P769 variant or the LGMS769 variant for MetroPCS, My full support being on the T-Mobile Variant
    As im sure we all know, not everyone can unlock their bootloader. :bummer:
    For those of us who can't, we are limited with what we can unleash out of even a low end device.
    A tweaked Nandroid can work wonders over stock of course

Current Features:

• [*]Added Apps (Apollo, ES File Explorer File Manager, Google Keyboard, Nova Launcher)
      [*]Deodexed
      [*]Debloated(Mostly)
      [*]Full Init.d Support (Kudos to Kuma82)
    MORE TO COME!

Precautions:
    You must be rooted and have cwm installed for this to be of any use to you.
    Restore at your own risk, i am of no responsibility for any damages brought to your phone(see it every post, thought id add it)

Install Instructions:

1. [*]Boot into CWM and make a full Nandroid (for both restoring data or reverting back)
      [*]Download the ZIP file (Link Provided Below)
      [*]Extract the ZIP on pc and copy it to your clockworkmod folder (ie: /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/2013-10-10.09.27.56)
      [*]Disconnect phone, Reboot phone in CWM. Wipe Data/factory reset, Cache partition and Dalvik Cache.
      [*]Select Backup and Restore, Restore Backup and done.
      [*]*optional* advanced restore data

Download Link:

Bump. Any progress with the themes?

yeah, its coming along. I may have one last pre-theme update coming with a few tweaks, updated apps and a feature or two, making some final adjustments, deciding on hold light or holo dark. Personally I'm probably going for the light with dark action-bar. Its looking okay, but still got some things to work out.

I've got a few things figured out in my life ATM, so I have a wee bit more time. I'm repairing my nexus 4, just payed off T-Mobile, and I find out about getting assistant manager next week. I'm gonna do some more work this weekend on it, probably wind uploading the pre-theme and figure out the rest.

I couldn't apologize any more about the time-frame here. I have about 4-10 hours free time total, and some of that has to be given to my wife to be. Updates are likely to be posted on a weekend when I'm not working.. Keep an eye out.

The pre-theme update is what I'm using daily ATM, seems to work fine and its just a wee bit quicker. So, you should see that shortly.

Any luck so far with the themes?

Im sorry its taking so long. Ive got everything decompiled, things are partially themed. Just going through alot, and ive been working doubles, 3 out of 5 week days. Its kinda a touch and go
    Project. Little bits at a time.

Like I had stated once before(don't remember where) if you'd like to create themes using v20h as your base, I can link them to the thread or upload em to my mega. If you need help with theming lemme know, I can post a guide or link you in the right direction. Its really fairly easy, and its fun.

Still can't give an eta. But ATM, I'm finishing some of the fine detailed things(corners aren't lined up in everything, font isn't always legible) so got a bit to do. But i haven't forgot. Just hard to find time as of late.

I've been checking development all day for an update on either :p If you need any help lemme know:)

Thank you!!!!!!! This is at least great news after my epic fail with trying to unlock the bootloader of my P769. :) I can't wait for the themes! Can I recommend Holo? Pleeeeeease....lmao.

That is what I'm working on now. Dunno an eta yet tho

Thanks a bunch!

Im sorry about that one. The stock email app doesnt like to be deodexed, and such, does not work. As unfortunate as it is to say, its either deodexed without email, or odexed with it. Give one of these apps a try, ive used k-9 quite a while with no issues. Maildroid is also really great. Personally havnt tried Aqua Mail, but give em a try. Im sorry about the bad news, but i hope one of these great apps does the trick for ya!

K-9

Maildroid

Aqua Mail
    I just ported the email app from cm L9
    its pretty much the same app.
    the only problem is you can't set it up on the lg wizard app (very first boot).
    however, I plan on fixing that ;)
    later later lol.