How to root your GC100 Galaxy Camera

Search This thread
This never worked with GC 110 or 120. This is for GC100 and it's not outdated.

Actually, it worked fine on the GC110 ;)

I originally used the included flash to the GC100 version, but then found a GC110 version to flash over it and the same process worked on that.

Last edited:

AswinHof

Apr 22, 2012
@ twistedumbrella :

Where did you get the gc110 file from , or better can you link ? , so more people, like myself , can enjoy ;)
Thx in advance

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

@ twistedumbrella :

Where did you get the gc110 file from , or better can you link ? , so more people, like myself , can enjoy ;)
Thx in advance

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

http://bit.ly/1eQ3DzW

Edit: I don't have the original file, but that should get you one of the new ones floating around.

Last edited:
Reactions: AswinHof

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
I put up CASUAL nightles of this. You need Java. Just download and run the CASUAL on Windows, Linux, or Mac and you will be set.
http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/GalaxyCamGC100

Hi Adam,

Will the file in the OP work to flash root for GC100UBBMC2 4.1.2 or do I need to use this CASUAL thing?

What exactly are these CASUAL .jar java files? I haven't found anything in the thread besides this post I'm quoting.

Thanks in advance

Digital DJ

Nov 16, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4
Adam, I know you say you're more of a hardware guy but is it possible to get different modes for the camera? I also have the Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon and I really like some of the different shooting modes in that camera, but I also like the shooting modes on the Samsung Galaxy camera. Is it possible to combine the note 3 camera modes with the Samsung Galaxy camera modes? I hope I'm not asking a dumb question.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

I love waiting for answers. ..

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

The post dates were a good hint that there isn't a lot of traffic here, but since you were so patient...

The shooting modes (if supported by the camera hardware) are between the framework-res.apk and the camera.apk

What this means is that unless you can modify the smali of both (or get it all into the camera) to add them or build it from source, then they most likely can't be added to the stock camera. You can, however, download a third-party camera that uses alternate means to get the same results.

noisygecko

Oct 27, 2009
Change camera app when rooted

Not sure anyone is watching this thread anymore... Has anyone been able to change the default camera app on the EK-GC110?

I would like for something like Camera Awesome or one of the other apps come up on startup, or when pressing the shutter button. I never figured out how to do it without rooting, but don't want to waste my time rooting if I can't at least do that.

titimachine01

Mar 23, 2018
Rooting GC100 Galaxy Camera Worked for me

Thanks very much, it worked for me but I tried it on my mom's and it won't work.. I don't know if it was because I downloaded from Naira Sleek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning
    This cannot hurt your device because full recovery is simply a 1.1gig Odin flash away.

Introduction:
    This is a Rooted Galaxy Camera CF AutoRoot based on GC100XXALK1.

You Will Need:

Instructions:
    • unzip the CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 from the zip package to a place you can find it.
    • Launch the Odin3 application

Odin3-v1-85-download-Step-by-Step-guide-to-Root-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-with-Latest-Original-KE8-Firmware-Kernel-300x214.png

• place CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.tar.md5 in the "PDA" section
    • Put your device into Download Mode:
      Remove and replace the battery.
      Press "Volume down+Camera+Power".
    • Connect your device to your machine
    • click start

Conclusion
    By default, this device does not show a Warning Triangle. In the future it may. Go back to stock by using the 1.1G recovery package above after using TriangleAway by Chainfire.
    overclocking

would the method for overclocking below work on the galaxy camera ? or would you need a custom fix ? (s3 overclocking)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827635

Pierre

Warning
    This is untested. This cannot hurt your device because full recovery is simply a 1.1gig Odin flash away.

Introduction:
    This is a Rooted Galaxy Camera system.img based on GC100XXALK1. I have bestowed upon it the following modifications.

Added:
    SuperSU: /system/app/Superuser.apk (SuperSU authentication app)
    Switch User binary: /system/xbin/su (switch user binary needed for superuser)
    Busybox: /system/xbin/busybox (a bunch of command line tools usually installed when rooting)
    Bash: /system/xbin/bash (the best scriptable shell ever)

You Will Need:

Instructions:
    • unzip the RootedGalaxyCamOdinPackageInside.zip and place the RootedGalaxyCamera.tar.md5 in a place you can find it.
    • Launch the Odin3 application

Odin3-v1-85-download-Step-by-Step-guide-to-Root-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-with-Latest-Original-KE8-Firmware-Kernel-300x214.png

• place RootedGalaxyCamera.tar.md5 in the "PDA" section
    • connect your device
    • click start

Conclusion:
    You're rooted. (or you're not) either way, leave feedback. If it does not work, flash back using the stock image link above.

Sponsored by Open-Source Heimdall One-Click
    Plese contribute to Heimdall. Heimdall allows the same capabilities of Odin on Linux, Mac and Windows. When we get Heimdall working, I will release a Heimdall One-Click which will streamline the process above to "download java app, run it and press flash" for all platforms. . Please contribute by building from source for your platform and testing Heimdall on the Galaxy Camera. http://www.glassechidna.com.au/2012/devblogs/heimdall-1-4-release-candidate-1/ If it does not work, we need someone with a Linux machine to run Wireshark on USB under Linux while flashing with Odin in a Virtual Machine.
    Has anyone tried chainfires root app based on the exynos exploit?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

[ROOT EXPLOIT+PATCH][2012.12.18] ExynosAbuse APK v1.30

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk
    ROM Sotmax Ultimate V10
    Kernel Yank555.lu-V2.8d

In theory, it should work. Ill give it a go later and report back

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

In theory, it should work. Ill give it a go later and report back

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

Root by exploit worked fine

All below successful on Stock rom 4.1.1 (GC100XXALK4) -
    Rooted successfully
    Disabled exploit with no effect on camera
    Disabled explot on boot with no effect on camera
    Unrooted using supersu
    However, after unroot, device status is now 'Custom'. I then did a reboot and status is now official again

Sent from my EK-GC100 using xda premium
    ^^Great.

would the method for overclocking below work on the galaxy camera ? or would you need a custom fix ? (s3 overclocking)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827635

Pierre

You probly wouldn't want to run that kernel. I'm not a kernel guy so I can't tell you for sure.
    Will this replace the stock recovery? And if so can this be backed up/restored with Odin?

I tend to run pretty much stock (and use something like Voodoo OTA rootkeeper to keep root).
    it will flash GC100XXALK1 recovery. the real work is in the cache. Don't worry about the recovery. If you're worried about warranty, then just flash GC100XXALK1 to your device and call it a day.