[Q] Battery drain when it's less than 40%

Search This thread

Cavidos

Mar 15, 2014
Hi. I'm having a big problem with my Galaxy SII GT-I9100. It works normally till the battery percentage gets 40%. After that the phone starts to slow down, screen starts blinking, signal gets lost and at last it turns off. All these happen in a few seconds' time. These are what I did:
1.Changed battery 2 times
2.Calibrated battery with 3-4 apps from play market
3.Wiped everything that's possible. Tried using NeatROM, Revolution , Carbon roms.
4.Took phone to master and realized that he knows less than me.
After all these procedures anything has changed. Please help me solving this problem.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Back to stock to test, still problems ? Replace USB board/port; KeithRoss39 has a guide in General that has all the info you need in order to easily do this yourself (it's not stickied, search for 'replace USB charger board' or similar).

Dampierre

Jun 23, 2012
My battery was like that, but I did not have any other problem except battery drain when battery reaches %35, %40. It was draining very fast compared to %80 or %70. First, I bought a fake oem battery, but I thought it was original, seller deceived me, it was worse than dead original battery. Than I bought a real original one and problem is solved. Be careful about those oem ones.

Cavidos

Mar 15, 2014
My battery was like that, but I did not have any other problem except battery drain when battery reaches %35, %40. It was draining very fast compared to %80 or %70. First, I bought a fake oem battery, but I thought it was original, seller deceived me, it was worse than dead original battery. Than I bought a real original one and problem is solved. Be careful about those oem ones.
How can I know if my new battery is original? It looks very similar to very first one that came with phone when I bought it.

messi4lyf

May 7, 2011
How can I know if my new battery is original? It looks very similar to very first one that came with phone when I bought it.

Me too having the exactly same issue... I have ordered one battery online..dont know whether its OEM or original
pls post if u are getting any solutions....
thanks

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Hello,
In order to exactly help you, I advise you to post your currently used firmware (stock Samsung Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean), or if you're using custom OS (CyanogenMod, SlimRom, CyanFox, OmniRom... etc) but anyway, I'll try and help as much as possible. When I had my phone upgraded to stock 4.1.2, I had smooth performance and good battery life. However, after a while, the OS becomes laggy and I get a lot of overheating when the phone should simply go to deepsleep. Simply, I realized that the battery wasn't the problem, but rather, Samsung's TouchWiz was causing the problem. Having owned my phone for a year and 6 months, I get terrific battery life yet through using DorimanX Kernel which can customize your hardware settings to match your kind of usage. Using official SlimKat 3.0 Stable on Dorimanx 10.43v88, I can ger up to 4 days of battery with slight usage even when using Android Run-time. I would rather change the phone's OS instead of buying batteries in your case since changing the stock battery is only optimal in case the battery is bloated (becomes swelled/thickens in the middle). Good luck

Cavidos

Mar 15, 2014
Hello,
In order to exactly help you, I advise you to post your currently used firmware (stock Samsung Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean), or if you're using custom OS (CyanogenMod, SlimRom, CyanFox, OmniRom... etc) but anyway, I'll try and help as much as possible. When I had my phone upgraded to stock 4.1.2, I had smooth performance and good battery life. However, after a while, the OS becomes laggy and I get a lot of overheating when the phone should simply go to deepsleep. Simply, I realized that the battery wasn't the problem, but rather, Samsung's TouchWiz was causing the problem. Having owned my phone for a year and 6 months, I get terrific battery life yet through using DorimanX Kernel which can customize your hardware settings to match your kind of usage. Using official SlimKat 3.0 Stable on Dorimanx 10.43v88, I can ger up to 4 days of battery with slight usage even when using Android Run-time. I would rather change the phone's OS instead of buying batteries in your case since changing the stock battery is only optimal in case the battery is bloated (becomes swelled/thickens in the middle). Good luck

I'm currently using Revolution ROM UX 2014 Build 2 Android 4.1.2. It has touchwiz interface, but I've also used Carbon Android 4.3 ROM which had this problem too. I don't believe Dorimanx kernel will fix this problem, but if you're sure about it, I can try.

Dampierre

Jun 23, 2012

It took me 5 months to realize that. After 3 months battery was not performing well at all and I understood that something is wrong with the battery. I looked very close to it, but it was still seeming like a original one. I put the original one and the fake one side to side, and I saw the difference. There are some small differences. You have to realize by yourself, because there are a lot of fake batteries.

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
I'm currently using Revolution ROM UX 2014 Build 2 Android 4.1.2. It has touchwiz interface, but I've also used Carbon Android 4.3 ROM which had this problem too. I don't believe Dorimanx kernel will fix this problem, but if you're sure about it, I can try.

If you're not sure on how to configure your CPU settings in STweaks, you wouldn't realize any difference, but I can help you with that. One day, I was an ordinary Android user on stock 4.0.4 and rooted my device just to get a game work better using a custom kernel (Siyah btw), and when I realized I could tweak CPU clock speeds and edit some values, I realized that Sammy ROMs are too crappy. At the end, that's what power saving option does,limits your CPU clock speed but still not too cool :rolleyes: Anyway, no harm in grabbing a kernel and flashing but after reading your post again, it seems your battery is "hard-luck" one, better buy a new one if you really are facing issues unrelated to software :)