G2 off cellular network

Search This thread

Eyce12

Feb 27, 2011
Hello,

I have a Sprint g2 I can't use since I am on verizon...and for whatever reason no one will offer me over 200 for it. So i kinda want to just use it...but is there a way I could just stop the phone from looking for a network, remove bloat, and essentially just use as a mini tab?

D

desireaftergod

Hello,

I have a Sprint g2 I can't use since I am on verizon...and for whatever reason no one will offer me over 200 for it. So i kinda want to just use it...but is there a way I could just stop the phone from looking for a network, remove bloat, and essentially just use as a mini tab?

Seems like you could just turn off data in settings

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Eyce12

Feb 27, 2011
Seems like you could just turn off data in settings

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Well yeah, I did that but aside from that there are always a few warning messages, popups, notifications and stuff because the phone isnt attached to an account.

Id like to somehow strip that all out along with the bloat stuff.

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
Well yeah, I did that but aside from that there are always a few warning messages, popups, notifications and stuff because the phone isnt attached to an account.

Id like to somehow strip that all out along with the bloat stuff.

Root it. Get titanium backup and freeze any and all sprint apps and bloatware. Disable mobile data and leave wifi on. I did this to an old motorola photon and its docking cradle and turned it into an android tv box. Even found a workable old version of xmbc for it.