[help] A100 doesnt recognize headphones

Search This thread

jealcuna

Jan 24, 2012
The last week I updated to [LEAK][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1 and the yesterday tonight doesnt recognize headphones. I did hard reset and nothing.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
I'm guessing you get sound without headphones. Is this correct?

Do you have a bluetooth speaker, or headset you could try(or a friends)?

I'm unsure of what the issue with your sound is, BUT I think knowing those two things would help figure it out.

I would say if you get sound from the internal speakers, and from bluetooth, it could be a hardware issue with the headphone jack, or something similar. If you dont get sound in one or more of the other instances then it could indicate a software issue or another hardware component.

If the device is under waranty and it seems to be a hardware issue I would consider getting Acer to fix it. In which case you may want to downgrade back to stock before you ship it.

Hope this sound issue was just a temporary thing that is already resolved. Let us know what happens

ShinySideUpAZ

Nov 3, 2007
I had this problem 2 months ago. After some software experimention I determined it was very likely to be hardware. I called Acer support and got an RMA. Just under two weeks from me dropping the unit off at Fedex to when it came back repaired. Work order in the box said IO card replaced. No problems since.

rics5

Oct 2, 2012
Same sound problem

I have a similar problem.
I have the latest available android installed on the Iconia a100 (Acer_AV041_A100?1.037.00_WW_GEN1, ICS 4.0.3)
and I had no problem with the headphone sound until last week. I have used it regularly, almost every other day.
Since then headphone icon does not show up when I connect it to the device. Sound is correct via the speakers but it is not an option on public transport.
I have tried several headphones, to switch the device on/off, to increase/decrease volume, to switch on with headphone plugged in but nothing happens.
I have checked the plug as far as I could: there is no dust or anything unusual in the hole.
I could continue with a factory reset (after archiving everything) but I am not very optimistic about that.
Is factory reset could help? Is it a hardware issue or am I missing something?

Thx.

Reactions: supereject

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same sound problem

I have a similar problem.
    I have the latest available android installed on the Iconia a100 (Acer_AV041_A100?1.037.00_WW_GEN1, ICS 4.0.3)
    and I had no problem with the headphone sound until last week. I have used it regularly, almost every other day.
    Since then headphone icon does not show up when I connect it to the device. Sound is correct via the speakers but it is not an option on public transport.
    I have tried several headphones, to switch the device on/off, to increase/decrease volume, to switch on with headphone plugged in but nothing happens.
    I have checked the plug as far as I could: there is no dust or anything unusual in the hole.
    I could continue with a factory reset (after archiving everything) but I am not very optimistic about that.
    Is factory reset could help? Is it a hardware issue or am I missing something?

Thx.