Reverse Tether

Search This thread

ManthanRB

Mar 23, 2012
London
I got Internet connection at home but not with wifi and i want to share my broadband connection with my x10mini.
I mean "REVERSE TETHERING"
Please don't tell me to see other threads because i'm tired of doing that and followed many methods and apps but no success!!:rolleyes:

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10mini
Stock Firmware 2.1
Built 2.1.1.A.0.6

I think that can't be done, at least i don't know how with the cable, a solution can be sharing your connection from a computer with WiFi, or maybe Bluetooth, but I don't know if there is any way to navigate via bluetooth with this device.

leajian

Apr 17, 2011
Shin Sekai
github.com
This.

I got Internet connection at home but not with wifi and i want to share my broadband connection with my x10mini.
Please don't tell me to see other threads because i'm tired of doing that and followed many methods and apps but no success!!:rolleyes:

Stock Firmware 2.1
Built 2.1.1.A.0.6

http://www.connectify.me/

ManthanRB

Mar 23, 2012
London
Bro thanks for the reply but connectify requires wifi with i dont have and not even a laptop top make it a wifi hot spot, i using a pc without wifi so it will not work.
Any other suggestion?

iHusky

Mar 5, 2012
Mikołów
You may flash nAa -11 kernel and miniCM7 2.2.0 this kernel have native usb/wi-fi tethering (I use this always with my Sony Vaio/Macbook when I`m in work). It`s no hard to do this but You must spend some time for this and this may brick your phone :(

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

You may flash nAa -11 kernel and miniCM7 2.2.0 this kernel have native usb/wi-fi tethering (I use this always with my Sony Vaio/Macbook when I`m in work). It`s no hard to do this but You must spend some time for this and this may brick your phone :(

Ooops Sorry I don`t understand your question XD, If you have computer without wi-fi You can`t (maybe but`s it hard to to this) sharing inthernet connection to xperia, bluetooth doesn`t work some time ago I try sharing inthernet with BT on my SV but`s not work, maybe I don`t know How to do this :/

But You may buy wi-fi card and plug-in to computer (windows 7/mac os x) have tools (not complicated to user) that sharing inthernet with wi-fi

ManthanRB

Mar 23, 2012
London
Thanks for the reply.
but as you said you don't know that dosen't happning!!!!
Need is the way for development i guess XDA Developers can make whole custom firmware but can't figr out this?? this is not done man.
I heard that some people on xda do this and also got success!
there must be a way for this!!!!1

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the reply.
but as you said you don't know that dosen't happning!!!!
Need is the way for development i guess XDA Developers can make whole custom firmware but can't figr out this?? this is not done man.
I heard that some people on xda do this and also got success!
there must be a way for this!!!!1

He's talking about revereSE TETHERING!! OMG.

"THE PC SUPPLIES A INTERNET CONNECTION to the PHONE via the USB CABLE"

Is the x10 mini capable of usb hosting...? it should be..

x10man

Nov 15, 2010
Great Paxton, Cambridgeshire
You should be able to do a windows network sharing via WiFi and the connect to the network created by that. I don't think the mini/pro supports usb tethering in nAa 11 and it doesn't in stock

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

nok2626

May 14, 2011

Stock Firmware 2.1
Built 2.1.1.A.0.6
Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAkUSMyTpcA
I haven't personally used it. I was using the manual method of Internet Connection Sharing and scripting. Now that I have found this app, gonna give a try.