HTC One S/HTC Ville WIKI - Please Help To Update -

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007

Hi all

I have created the HTC One S Wiki. I find that if they are updated, they can be a great source of information to all. Please help to keep it updated, as it helps out newbies and cuts down on them opening new threads in the forum. Its also a great resource for the veterans.

This helps to keep the clutter down on the main forum, so makes it easier for us all!

Please update it with any thing you feel is valid. I will leave this thread open to discuss Wiki issues.

Hope its useful

Your friendly HTC One S Moderation Team:)

Last edited:

rboekee

Jun 24, 2010
Cambridge
Swype

For anyone aggravated that swype doesn't yet work on the One S, HTC have included swype like functionality as default and while it's not quite as good as Swype it should see you through until Swype issue a fix. To enable...

- Go to Settings>Language and keybaord>HTC Sesne Input
- Toggle Trace keyboard to On

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: kraaienest

Rafaruto

Mar 31, 2012
[Q&A]
I have a dual touch screen ... Isn't it a multitouch point screen ?
-- You have to enable the option. Settings -> Display & gestures -> HTC Gestes uncheck !

O_G

Jul 8, 2007

cookpass

Jan 12, 2009
Wrexham
Maybe a in-car bluetooth compatibilty reference?

It works in my 2005 BMW 3 series coupe (E46).

Or should this go somewhere else? :D

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Maybe a in-car Bluetooth compatibilty reference?

It works in my 2005 BMW 3 series coupe (E46).

Or should this go somewhere else? :D

Might be hard to add a full list to the Wiki. You could always open a Bluetooth compatibilty reference thread and link that to the wiki. Up to you, as the first post of said thread would have to be updated regularly for it to be useful.

HighRoIIer

Oct 17, 2010
Hamburg
For anyone aggravated that swype doesn't yet work on the One S, HTC have included swype like functionality as default and while it's not quite as good as Swype it should see you through until Swype issue a fix. To enable...

Swype doesn't work because of the Menu Button on the Display. That changes the available ScreenResolution and swype thinks the resolution is not supported. If you redirect the menu button to a hardkey, than the screen is free and swype works perfect =)

HighRoIIer

Oct 17, 2010
Hamburg
Not sure what you mean? Which screen are you on? Sorry if it's obvious and I'm being stupid.

The real Resolution is 960x540 pixel, but due to the onscreen menu button on the bottom of the screen in some apps the available resolution is only like 920x540 and therefore swype says, the resolution is not supported...

HighRoIIer

Oct 17, 2010
Hamburg
glad you got it. Have to translate everything so for the most time i have no idea what the proper translation would be. For me the menu button is the right klick on a pc mouse =D

dc211

Jul 21, 2010
Swype doesn't work because of the Menu Button on the Display. That changes the available ScreenResolution and swype thinks the resolution is not supported. If you redirect the menu button to a hardkey, than the screen is free and swype works perfect =)

Hey Highroller,

Do you have anymore input for this. I already assign the menu button to the 3rd hard key instead of app switcher in the cy8c-touchkey.kl so it works as a menu button.

The button now works like a menu key but sometimes it still draws the onscreen menu and I can't install swype. Where else would I change it?

HighRoIIer

Oct 17, 2010
Hamburg
Hey Highroller,

Do you have anymore input for this. I already assign the menu button to the 3rd hard key instead of app switcher in the cy8c-touchkey.kl so it works as a menu button.

The button now works like a menu key but sometimes it still draws the onscreen menu and I can't install swype. Where else would I change it?

Sorry, i am on the UTB Rom. It is changed there. No idea how to do it myself :(

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: phin586

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
oh great, ill poke around and see what i can do. while i havent had the One s for more than 24 hours now and dont know much yet about the HTC One series -- my question is thisn -- does the ONE-S and the ONE-X differ so much? would it be appropriate to have a ONE-Series wiki? That way, you get double the wiki-ness.

will play with the wiki this weekend, nothing like a good wiki.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all

I have created the HTC One S Wiki. I find that if they are updated, they can be a great source of information to all. Please help to keep it updated, as it helps out newbies and cuts down on them opening new threads in the forum. Its also a great resource for the veterans.

This helps to keep the clutter down on the main forum, so makes it easier for us all!

Please update it with any thing you feel is valid. I will leave this thread open to discuss Wiki issues.

Hope its useful

Your friendly HTC One S Moderation Team:)
    Swype

Hey Highroller,

Sorry, i am on the UTB Rom. It is changed there. No idea how to do it myself :(

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2
    Should add a section about bloat removal. I can do this tonight.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium