aokpCB for hp touchpad

Search This thread

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way but the AOKP implementation for WebOS recents looks horrible, same for sense UI. Now maybe this was just overlooked as I'm sure judging by the size that on a phone or other device with a 240ish or greater dpi this would be acceptable. Thus my reason for still using the WebCM9 patch. If the scaling could be corrected for recents in from control, I'm sure I and many others would be happy.

Also, if I apply the alternate recents and use the custom dpi set to 140 the system UI crashes and won't come back. 2 good reasons not to use the rom control recents.

Sent from my pcbblue_tenderloin using xda premium

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
I can second the DPI issues with anything lower than 160. On another note, came home today to find my tab showing the boot screen. It might have been boot looping all day. Did a hard reset, and got the battery charge screen. Might just have been a fluke, or could be a problem with this rom. Tablet has been on the touchstone for about 20 min now and still haven't seen it attempt to boot yet. I was gunna benchmark this setup but I might just revert to regular AOKP.

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all! I'm the original creator of the PCB Theme, and I am very happy to hear that you guys like it. A couple of notes about the status of it though. First, it is based on AOKP, therefore our nightlies have the latest submitted code from AOKP. Any bugs that exist are more than likely to come across to AOKPCB. Team Kang is awesome and has been a great help, but they (and we, Team Broccoli) also manage MANY devices, so it's hard to get everything perfect for each. As this ROM is still quite young, we're trying to get 'super' organized over the next few days, so new nightlies may not appear until then.

In terms of tablets, I have a TF101 myself, so it is great to be able to see/use the UI on an actual device while testing, however the Tablet UI version of PCB Blue does still need some work. I am trying to put in more and more as much as I can, however I am a freelancer working for myself, so I have certain other priorities that I need to get done in order to eat and pay bills :) Rest assured, I have put a LOT of time into this theme, and I will not stop until I believe it is *perfect* (of which a day will probably never come!)

Also yes, changing the DPI appears to have adverse effects, and it's on the 'known issues' list. If you can bear with it in the meantime, it's probably a good idea to just run at Stock DPI for now...

Thanks a bunch once again for your interest, and feel free to check out more (incl. news/updates, IRC Chat, etc.) on our PCB Mini-Site. Cheers!! :D

Last edited:

racenrich

Feb 15, 2012
OnePlus 8T
NICE ROM

Yep, broke down and purchased yet another Touchpad for myself this time (32g NIB for $200!)...just so i can start flashing different ROMS to check them all out.
Spent a good portion of last night, going thru about 6 ROMS...all with slight differences, but overall ICS is a rocking OS for the TP.

Just wanted to say, NICE ROM. The theme is fantastic and overall aesthetically pleasing. Props to you on that. Looking forward to a theme add-on allowing to change the overall color only. (red-green-yellow-orange?)
There are plenty of bells and whistles to play with, as well as runs very smooth.
No wi-fi issues either! :D
Not a huge fan of the boot animation, sound is a nice add on though.
Keep up the good work.

Rich K.

Izeltokatl

Hi all! I'm the original creator of the PCB Theme, and I am very happy to hear that you guys like it. A couple of notes about the status of it though. First, it is based on AOKP, therefore our nightlies have the latest submitted code from AOKP. Any bugs that exist are more than likely to come across to AOKPCB. Team Kang is awesome and has been a great help, but they (and we, Team Broccoli) also manage MANY devices, so it's hard to get everything perfect for each. As this ROM is still quite young, we're trying to get 'super' organized over the next few days, so new nightlies may not appear until then.

In terms of tablets, I have a TF101 myself, so it is great to be able to see/use the UI on an actual device while testing, however the Tablet UI version of PCB Blue does still need some work. I am trying to put in more and more as much as I can, however I am a freelancer working for myself, so I have certain other priorities that I need to get done in order to eat and pay bills :) Rest assured, I have put a LOT of time into this theme, and I will not stop until I believe it is *perfect* (of which a day will probably never come!)

Also yes, changing the DPI appears to have adverse effects, and it's on the 'known issues' list. If you can bear with it in the meantime, it's probably a good idea to just run at Stock DPI for now...

Thanks a bunch once again for your interest, and feel free to check out more (incl. news/updates, IRC Chat, etc.) on our PCB Mini-Site. Cheers!! :D

Scar45, just for the sake of it, you should start a thread in the dev section. The rest of us will more than likely keep the thread alive. All you have to do is put general reference links to your main page.

Sent from my aokpcb_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

ftmaniac948

Aug 28, 2011
I see a supercharger script and a new boot sound, otherwise don't see many other changes

Sent from my aokpcb_tenderloin using xda premium

Izeltokatl

I have not tried. But a new version came out today. I'll try 120, before I do a full wipe.

-update-

On 5-25. System UI crashes. And the themed keyboard is broken.

-update-
Same on 5-26. Must be the theme that can't handle it.

Sent from my aokpcb_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ftmaniac948

Aug 28, 2011
Second official rom is up for touchpad now guys

Sent from my aokpcb_tenderloin using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.