[GUIDE] Rooting your Huawei Ascend Mate

Search This thread

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
Hi Folks,
we at the Recieved my Huawei Ascend Mate Threat thought of make it easier for future or new HAM users to root their phone.
For that i reread the whole Threat and extracted the various mentioned rooting options.

IMPORTANT!
Rooting with any of the mentioned methods obviously voids your warranty.
I think that everybody knows this by now, but I'm not responsible if something goes wrong

Having said these standard stuff lets kick off!

First I start with the Method I used and many others, and i think this is the simples rooting method i ever came across.
The easiest is Rooting your HAM with eRoot
1) Get the eRoot Programm from Version 1.2 <- This Works till B221

1.1) For Higher Firmware Versions, like the new B905 use eRoot Version 1.3.4

2) Dig in your phone and enable usb debugging in developer options and in security enable unknown origin

3) Hook up your phone the your rig and on ask select MTP mode and install the Huawei HiSuite (phone drivers :D)

4) fire up eroot and let it find your phone, if it does hit root ...

5) reboot and that should be it

Confirmed to work on multiple Build Stages of the Stock Rom which currently is sporting version B221
Be aware that if your phone is bone stock you should firstly update the phones software to the newest possible version ...
-> B221 before rooting, otherwise it can cause problems

Second Rooting Method mentioned by PowerMan572
Detailed Instructions Here
i believe syaah used successfully this method

Third Method
theoppositeman said:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iuhai9fmmlv8ta/MATE_ROOT.zip

this folder contains the rooting guide and app including the RootAssisstant v2.0. easy method of rooting and can be use for both chinese firmware and international firmware regardless of rom versions. rootassisstant v2.0 is in chinese but no need to worry as we need only to click one box in it. superuser is stable and can be updated in google play. hopefully can help as this is the first and stable method all the suppliers of HAM in China use and provided to their customers.

Fourth Method
kerlchen27 said:

Fifth Method
oneguyks said:
Download drivers for the phone and install it on the computer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qoacn4hqqw9h5v/WinDriver.exe

Then download this Chinese rom

http://jiyouhui.it168.com/thread-28315-1-1.html

Unzip the room. Put the phone in debugging mode, hook it to the computer with USB, and click on .bat file ... that's all.

Sixth Method
cmas84 said:
Mentioned by cmas84 a little tool called [Framaroot]
Version 1.6.0 Supports K3V2 Handsets, ergo the HAM
-> We havent confirmed it yet, but give it a go, it's a simple one klick method, everything is in the Threat:good:

That should be all methods, again all methods seem to work, but i found eroot to be the easiest, basically hook it up and press one button.:victory:

Hope i could help a few new HAM users out
Cheers :highfive:

Last edited:

ataa_sy

Aug 1, 2013
Thank u very much .. you put the juice in one cup .. :D
Much easier to find .. more threads to subscribe :p:p:p
Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

beaubin

Dec 7, 2008
With eRoot you can if you rootet it with it, unroot your phone again.

Thanks for the threat.

I'm about to root my HAM with Eroot, I have 3 questions before I do :

1. Any bizarre things happen after rooting with Eroot? Like FC? App missing? etc... (seen people having issues or not after rooting)

2. Would I be able to get OTA updates after rooting? What about a custon recovery? If I install CWM recovery, would I be able to apply OTA updates? If not, would unrooting the HAM allow me to OTA update my phone (then root again afterward)?

3. If something goes wrong while rooting, would I be able to install offcial B113 ROM from SD so I would go all fresh again like I first got the HAM out of the store?

Thanks for your advices.

Have a good one.

Cheers

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
Thanks for the threat.

I'm about to root my HAM with Eroot, I have 3 questions before I do :

1. Any bizarre things happen after rooting with Eroot? Like FC? App missing? etc... (seen people having issues or not after rooting)

I didn't run into any funky issues. No FC's , no apps missing. Everything runs as it should.

2. Would I be able to get OTA updates after rooting? What about a custon recovery? If I install CWM recovery, would I be able to apply OTA updates? If not, would unrooting the HAM allow me to OTA update my phone (then root again afterward)?
In some cases we heard in the big Threat Here That you run into trouble witth OTA and root. So we all suggest that the rooting process should be initiated after you upgraded to the desired Firmwareversion.
As im aware there is currently no "real" meaning permanent CWM Recovery present. Only a sideload Recovery, some features didn't work properly, but I assume they manage that.
OTA Updates: I think it's the easiest to unroot it with eRoot and then root it again after the OTA

3. If something goes wrong while rooting, would I be able to install offcial B113 ROM from SD so I would go all fresh again like I first got the HAM out of the store?

Thanks for your advices.

Have a good one.

Cheers

I didn't heard of something going terribly wrong with eroot, but yes you can of course flash the full B113 from standard Recovery you need no custom recovery for that :)

Hope i could help :highfive:

beaubin

Dec 7, 2008
I didn't run into any funky issues. No FC's , no apps missing. Everything runs as it should.

In some cases we heard in the big Threat Here That you run into trouble witth OTA and root. So we all suggest that the rooting process should be initiated after you upgraded to the desired Firmwareversion.
As im aware there is currently no "real" meaning permanent CWM Recovery present. Only a sideload Recovery, some features didn't work properly, but I assume they manage that.
OTA Updates: I think it's the easiest to unroot it with eRoot and then root it again after the OTA

I didn't heard of something going terribly wrong with eroot, but yes you can of course flash the full B113 from standard Recovery you need no custom recovery for that :)

Hope i could help :highfive:

Thanks Onecton for all the inputs, really helpful !

One last question though, I downloaded Eroot v1.2 from the OP, proceeded as indicated, installed HiSuite, PC drivers etc., tried few times to plug my phone when Eroot told me to, but eachtime failed by getting "creating process failed" message, looked like Eroot couldn't recognize my phone... Oh, I'm on latest official OTA B221 FW.

So I went searching over the internet, found there was a Eroot v1.3.3, really not sure if it's official, cos there was (only) v1.2 official app from eroot.me (holy moly ! eroot.me website is gone !!! it's a online sim unlock codes site now ! What happened?), so, with this v1.3.3, it recognized my phone within a second.

Before I clic on that root button, just wanted to check with you experts if the Eroot v1.3.3 is legitimate, or is it some sort of fake app out there.

Thanks again !

Have a nice day.

Cheers

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Onecton for all the inputs, really helpful !

One last question though, I downloaded Eroot v1.2 from the OP, proceeded as indicated, installed HiSuite, PC drivers etc., tried few times to plug my phone when Eroot told me to, but eachtime failed by getting "creating process failed" message, looked like Eroot couldn't recognize my phone... Oh, I'm on latest official OTA B221 FW.

So I went searching over the internet, found there was a Eroot v1.3.3, really not sure if it's official, cos there was (only) v1.2 official app from eroot.me (holy moly ! eroot.me website is gone !!! it's a online sim unlock codes site now ! What happened?), so, with this v1.3.3, it recognized my phone within a second.

Before I clic on that root button, just wanted to check with you experts if the Eroot v1.3.3 is legitimate, or is it some sort of fake app out there.

Thanks again !

Have a nice day.

Cheers

Glad i can help mate :highfive:

Dafuq? eroot.me is gone? Thanks for the heads up, i will change the link accordingly and reroute the link to my dropbox.
Sorry for that

with eroot 1.2 i wasnt able to root too if i recall correctly.... i fired up the 1.2 version it immediately wanted to upgrade, or something. So i let it pull it's update and it worked like a breeze then.

Regarding your version, i really don't know if it is fake or not sorry :confused: but what i can say is that i'm fixing the link and it should be up and running again in approx. 4 min.
eRoot link is fixed :highfive:
if you can wait till there, you have most definately the ledigt version :highfive:

also i'm by far no expert and i don't deserve to be called like that :eek: :victory:

Last edited:

beaubin

Dec 7, 2008
Glad i can help mate :highfive:

Dafuq? eroot.me is gone? Thanks for the heads up, i will change the link accordingly and reroute the link to my dropbox.
Sorry for that

with eroot 1.2 i wasnt able to root too if i recall correctly.... i fired up the 1.2 version it immediately wanted to upgrade, or something. So i let it pull it's update and it worked like a breeze then.

Regarding your version, i really don't know if it is fake or not sorry :confused: but what i can say is that i'm fixing the link and it should be up and running again in approx. 4 min.
eRoot link is fixed :highfive:
if you can wait till there, you have most definately the ledigt version :highfive:

also i'm by far no expert and i don't deserve to be called like that :eek: :victory:

Thanks again Onecton for the quick reply.

I've downloaded v.1.2 form your original link way before the site is gone (it was yet there 2 days ago!), so no need to be sorry for that :)

I also fired up v.1.2 like you did, it started to update itself by downloading quite amount of data like you said, but when the update is done, it gave me that error message :( No such thing with v.1.3.3, it doesn't download anything and recognized my phone immediately... I saw there's even a v.1.3.4 out there!

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
Hi onecton.

Do you hv the links for eroot v1.3.+?
Thanks. Wanted to try using it since i've already download the 4.2.2 b905 rom..

T28@MT1-U06

Will edit and search it tonight. In approx. 4-5 hours I will provide an post update and reedit my Entry.

On a related topic. Is the 4.2.2 b905 the general or the Chinese ROM?

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
Will edit and search it tonight. In approx. 4-5 hours I will provide an post update and reedit my Entry.

On a related topic. Is the 4.2.2 b905 the general or the Chinese ROM?

Thanks fr responding. I did manage to download eroot v1.3.4 but havent test yet.
The b905 is chinese rom i guess based on the topic in the forum (german maybe) called hilfe...
Havent install yet but in our huawei mate forum someone did.
Thanks again.

T28@MT1-U06

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
hi,
manage to download B905 android 4.2.2 rom (presently chinese firmware only). flashed it and seems stable.
i am able to root using EROOT v1.3.4 thanks to you onecton. totally easy and lightning fast rooting procedure.
i downloaded GAPPS (links provided by svvv) which are stable and suitable for the rom.
now everything seems fine and no issue for now.
just want to update.
EROOT v1.3.4 is a 'go' to use (maybe older version can be used too).
Gapps link by svvv is also good to go. and,
both links by dandybq and mixterz are also good to go.

thanks.

Reactions: Onecton

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
hi,
manage to download B905 android 4.2.2 rom (presently chinese firmware only). flashed it and seems stable.
i am able to root using EROOT v1.3.4 thanks to you onecton. totally easy and lightning fast rooting procedure.
i downloaded GAPPS (links provided by svvv) which are stable and suitable for the rom.
just want to update.

thanks.

you're very welcome mate ;)
will go and download everything, can't wait to run 4.2.2. on that badboy ^^
Thanks for the headsup !

obsidian604

Oct 4, 2013
Rooted Huawei Mate

I just rooted my Huawei Ascend Mate, I got rid of some bloatwares on the phone such as Kingsoft Office and the language packs.
However, my internal memory size did not increase.

Just wondering,

1) did Huawei divide the 8gb internal memory into 2 parts, 4gb each? the ROM and usage internal memory (detected as SD2, my external SD detected as SD1)

2) How do I install into the Rom part?

this is a weird phone!

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
I just rooted my Huawei Ascend Mate, I got rid of some bloatwares on the phone such as Kingsoft Office and the language packs.
However, my internal memory size did not increase.

Just wondering,

1) did Huawei divide the 8gb internal memory into 2 parts, 4gb each? the ROM and usage internal memory (detected as SD2, my external SD detected as SD1)

2) How do I install into the Rom part?

this is a weird phone!

My guess is that the 8 GB are indeed divided... But i wouldnt recommend trying to install something in that system reserved space. My guess is that the caches and the ram resides there.
But I am no expert on that stuff.

Maybe its better to post these specific questions over in the main thread .

But in some aspects this is indeed a weird phone :)

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
Hi onecton.
Do you think we can use the Rom Cleaner which is also provided in universal use (i guess), to clean up bloatware during installation of rom?

:- about obsidian question, im too think that the ham 8gb is divided coz we have only around 5-6 gb of usage. Maybe the system files resides there. At least we still can use 64gb microcard as expandable memory.

Thanks.

T28#HOX

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
Hi onecton.
Do you think we can use the Rom Cleaner which is also provided in universal use (i guess), to clean up bloatware during installation of rom?

:- about obsidian question, im too think that the ham 8gb is divided coz we have only around 5-6 gb of usage. Maybe the system files resides there. At least we still can use 64gb microcard as expandable memory.

Thanks.

T28#HOX

well this sounds tempting ^^ but i don't know.... maybe i read a bit more into it... since i really like the stock 4.2.2. experience... i found that huawei is really generous with its base system, you can just freeze some of the Emution stuff like the lockscreen, still i would like to prefer a bone stock 4.2.2. or 4.1.2. simply because i don't like that OEM overlay ..

muhameed

Apr 27, 2012
can i install 4.2 or 4.3 on my mate ?? from where i can download this rom??

can i install 4.2 or 4.3 on my mate ??
from where i can download this rom??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Folks,
    we at the Recieved my Huawei Ascend Mate Threat thought of make it easier for future or new HAM users to root their phone.
    For that i reread the whole Threat and extracted the various mentioned rooting options.

IMPORTANT!
    Rooting with any of the mentioned methods obviously voids your warranty.
    I think that everybody knows this by now, but I'm not responsible if something goes wrong

Having said these standard stuff lets kick off!

First I start with the Method I used and many others, and i think this is the simples rooting method i ever came across.
    The easiest is Rooting your HAM with eRoot
    1) Get the eRoot Programm from Version 1.2 <- This Works till B221

1.1) For Higher Firmware Versions, like the new B905 use eRoot Version 1.3.4

2) Dig in your phone and enable usb debugging in developer options and in security enable unknown origin

3) Hook up your phone the your rig and on ask select MTP mode and install the Huawei HiSuite (phone drivers :D)

4) fire up eroot and let it find your phone, if it does hit root ...

5) reboot and that should be it

Confirmed to work on multiple Build Stages of the Stock Rom which currently is sporting version B221
    Be aware that if your phone is bone stock you should firstly update the phones software to the newest possible version ...
    -> B221 before rooting, otherwise it can cause problems

Second Rooting Method mentioned by PowerMan572
    Detailed Instructions Here
    i believe syaah used successfully this method

Third Method
    theoppositeman said:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iuhai9fmmlv8ta/MATE_ROOT.zip

this folder contains the rooting guide and app including the RootAssisstant v2.0. easy method of rooting and can be use for both chinese firmware and international firmware regardless of rom versions. rootassisstant v2.0 is in chinese but no need to worry as we need only to click one box in it. superuser is stable and can be updated in google play. hopefully can help as this is the first and stable method all the suppliers of HAM in China use and provided to their customers.

Fourth Method
    kerlchen27 said:

Fifth Method
    oneguyks said:
    Download drivers for the phone and install it on the computer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qoacn4hqqw9h5v/WinDriver.exe

Then download this Chinese rom

http://jiyouhui.it168.com/thread-28315-1-1.html

Unzip the room. Put the phone in debugging mode, hook it to the computer with USB, and click on .bat file ... that's all.

Sixth Method
    cmas84 said:
    Mentioned by cmas84 a little tool called [Framaroot]
    Version 1.6.0 Supports K3V2 Handsets, ergo the HAM
    -> We havent confirmed it yet, but give it a go, it's a simple one klick method, everything is in the Threat:good:

That should be all methods, again all methods seem to work, but i found eroot to be the easiest, basically hook it up and press one button.:victory:

Hope i could help a few new HAM users out
    Cheers :highfive:
    hi,
    just want to update.

thanks.
    Hi @Onecton
    I'm about to root my HAM with eRoot, I have a simple question before I do

I have to unlock the BootLoader for Rooting the HAM? (only Rooting)

Thanks.

No need to unlock bootloader.
    Eroot should be just fine with it.

T28#HOX