Better reception with MF1 or ML1?

Search This thread

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I recently came off of the MB1 radio to the newer MF1 radio.
Has anyone been using the new ML1 and compared results of which radio receives the best reception?

I know it may very by geographic location but am interested in what others find.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

MrBrady

Oct 26, 2010
Both seem the same to me. The biggest difference I noticed is ML1 drops down to 3G much more often. I almost never saw 3G with MF1 as it would stay in a low 4G instead. I'm guessing they opted to drop down to 3G for a better user experience if it was stronger than a weak 4G.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Reactions: RBarnett09

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Both seem the same to me. The biggest difference I noticed is ML1 drops down to 3G much more often. I almost never saw 3G with MF1 as it would stay in a low 4G instead. I'm guessing they opted to drop down to 3G for a better user experience if it was stronger than a weak 4G.

Sent from my SCH-I535

This would also improve battery life... makes sense.

NoCrAppleHere

Jan 18, 2014
I really don't see any difference and I am on my phone heavy every day from morning to night. I also don't travel much outside of the normal work, shopping, mall, etc areas by me in NY. Furthermore, 4G is very prevalent in my area. I am rarely on anything less than 4G and even in my home, I have 4-5 bars of 4G at all times. #LoveMyBigRed :good:

Lord_Tardis

Aug 6, 2013
I recently came off of the MB1 radio to the newer MF1 radio.
Has anyone been using the new ML1 and compared results of which radio receives the best reception?

I know it may very by geographic location but am interested in what others find.

Do not use ML1 unless you go to a touchwiz 4.3 rom. If you are staying on 4.1.2 or AOSP stick with MF1. If you go to the touchwiz 4.3 you will need the ML1.

Wh1t3Rose

Then stick with the MF1 unless you notice connection issues. I was on Nottas PA 4.4 with MF1 and it was great.

I'm sorry but you really don't know what you are talking about. You could use the ML1 modern on a 4.1.2 ROM if you wanted. That's OK. What you should NOT do is use an older modem on a newer Android Version (e.g. MB1 on 4.4).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Im in Cen-Cal i was on ML1 i didn't notice a difference fone still rang mms still went out my status showed the same signal numbers

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
Agreed about the similar performance. Except LTE is a more efficient protocol than CDMA is... however if there's a low LTE signal and the phone is smart enough to stop trying to ping the LTE band, that could save some juice. The constant polling and searching, be it data to wifi, drains the battery more than a constant or static location connection.

jamesn2k

Mar 14, 2013
Speaking from my own experience my ping time on speed test have improved drastically. Call quality is a bit better as well. I still get the same speed test results ranging from 25Mbps down to 72Mbps down. Text are sending and receiving a bit faster as well for me.

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Speaking from my own experience my ping time on speed test have improved drastically. Call quality is a bit better as well. I still get the same speed test results ranging from 25Mbps down to 72Mbps down. Text are sending and receiving a bit faster as well for me.

On MF1 or ML1?

Sean Z

Apr 2, 2013
Temecula
Hi guys

So from what I've read on this thread, it seems that you have an option of either MF1 or ML1. However I think I have both? I'm such a noob at this. Here's a screenshot. And just to confirm, MF1 gives a better reception/call quality?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390734674294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390734674294.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 108

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Hi guys

So from what I've read on this thread, it seems that you have an option of either MF1 or ML1. However I think I have both? I'm such a noob at this. Here's a screenshot. And just to confirm, MF1 gives a better reception/call quality?

You have mf1.

The build number is simply the name of the rom, the developer put the base it was built on in the title, which is ml1.

Your baseband says what you're currently running, which is mf1.

Radio choice is subjective, if you're getting poor reception on mf1 try flashing the ml1 radio and see if it improves. It's reported to improve signal specifically on a ml1 base.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Sean Z

Sean Z

Apr 2, 2013
Temecula
You have mf1.

The build number is simply the name of the rom, the developer put the base it was built on in the title, which is ml1.

Radio choice is subjective, if you're getting poor reception on mf1 try flashing the ml1 radio and see if it improves. It's reported to improve signal specifically on a ml1 base.

Thanks man!

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
+1.

I haven't seen any improved reception with ML1, but each device is different and it's really subjective, so you may find it performs better than MF1 does.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Hi guys

You have mf1.