Buying a Verizon HTC One overseas...

Search This thread

ConzSouL

Aug 21, 2011
Hi,

I recently purchased a HTC One over here in the UK and a few weeks later, the phone got blacklisted. As I was massively out of cash I tried to eBay it and listed it with a bad IMEI/ESN. Somebody in the States got back to me and offered a swap with a Verizon HTC One. I'm not too experienced with the phone but I seem to remember hearing that a Verizon HTC One sometimes requires different methods for rooting or installing ROMs to the international versions. Can anybody guide me here whether or not I should be able to use the phone and root it/flash ROMs as I would with my original?

Thanks.:)

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi,

I recently purchased a HTC One over here in the UK and a few weeks later, the phone got blacklisted. As I was massively out of cash I tried to eBay it and listed it with a bad IMEI/ESN. Somebody in the States got back to me and offered a swap with a Verizon HTC One. I'm not too experienced with the phone but I seem to remember hearing that a Verizon HTC One sometimes requires different methods for rooting or installing ROMs to the international versions. Can anybody guide me here whether or not I should be able to use the phone and root it/flash ROMs as I would with my original?

Installing ROMs are identical to the International One. Now, the bootloader unlock for the Verizon One doesn't happen through HTCdev. Rumrunner is required for unlocking the bootloader and S-OFF. Once the bootloader is unlocked, the custom recovery is flashed the same way as the International variant. Rooting is also the same.
However, there are certain issues with bootloader unlocking the Verizon One on Kitkat 4.4.2. Im not too sure about that, the Verizon forum for the One should guide you more in that area.
And, the ROMs for the Verizon will be listed on the Verizon One Android Development, not on the International One forum. There aren't as many ROMs for the Verizon as compared to International unlocked

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Hi,

If you're not on Verizon in the States, do NOT buy it. Pretty sure it won't work outside the US