HTC One M7 (AT&T) Trouble Installing ROM

Search This thread

svenell

May 4, 2014
After doing some research I decided I wanted to upgrade my stock odexed HTC Sense Rom (android 4.3) to the Android Revolution HD with Sense 5.5 (android 4.4 kitkat) which I found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183023
Android Revolution HD 53.0.

The device had been previously unlocked however I still have S-ON. I updated my recovery from an older version of CWMR to the most recent version of TWRP via installing the TWRP zip within CWMR. After reboot TWRP was working fine and the current android 4.3 rom was functioning normally. I proceeded to place the new rom on my internal SD storage and began installing the rom via TWRP. I made a backup prior to this and backed up all of my personal information to the cloud. The installation seemed to go smoothly and I checked the additional utilities that I desired. When prompted between super user and superSU I chose super user (this was recommended) and everything seemed fine. After installation of the ARHD 53.0 rom I went to reboot and TWRP gave me a warning that I had no OS installed, I thought this might have been a fluke that just needed a reboot, then it prompted me to install supersu because I lacked it, which I thought was already installed during the ARHD 53.0 setup.

After some trouble shooting on my own I ended up clearing my backup and data to try and start fresh (probably rookie mistake). Right now I have the ability to get into bootloader, fastboot, and TWRP. I was able to adb push the ARHD 53.0 rom to my device but I get an error when trying to install the rom within TWRP. I am thinking I might need to do a RUU within fastboot in order to get my device to a stable state with an OS before I try to go on, but I am not totally sure what move to make next. I know that I probably need to relock my device and I am comfortable doing that within adb/fastboot but I am not sure where to go after that.

Here is my current getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.20.3218.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ~~~~~~~~~
(bootloader) imei: ~~~~~~~~~~
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4248mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-2da61e5e88
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.044s

svenell

May 4, 2014
Update... Since I have S-ON I am under the impression that flashing RUU via fastboot USB is NOT an option, however I have access to TWRP. I believe in clearing my data I got rid of the partition on my phone, so while I am able to adb push the ARHD 53.0 rom to my phone I cannot get it to install. After some reading I thought an adb sideload of the rom would be appropriate as it allots the RAM as a functioning partition. I am able to adb sideload the rom till around 55-60%, at which point my phone reports:

Starting ADB sideload feature...
(progress starts in cmd terminal)

~55% comes around

phone reports:
Installing ' /tmp/sideload.zip...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
E: Zip file is corrupt!
updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/data'/
E:Unable to mount internal storage.

MD5 Check on the Rom zip: http://imgur.com/N2OtHfC

Is my TWRP corrupt, or do I need a specific zip associated with adb sideload? I think if I can sideload a stable ROM I will be in the clear :)