[Q] How to avoid using extra Grid Space

Search This thread

mmediaman

Aug 10, 2008
Apology if this has been covered before, but limited forum search capability didn't find any answers for me.

Can anyone suggest a way to avoid having to use screen grid space if I want a Zooper widget to occupy only the space across the top or bottom edge of the screen? The bottom edge could mean below the App Drawer (Is this even possible?)

Please see the attached example Zooper battery gauge which is seen as a gradient just below the screen status area. This widget occupies the top grid row (4x1), wasting grid space since the progress module only needs a few pixels. I want to be able to re-use the 4x1 grid space if needed. (btw, the blue line at the bottom edge of the screen below the App Drawer in the picture is put there by another app)

Thanks for any response.

Attachments

• battery_g.jpg
    battery_g.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 120

grey.ghost

Mar 22, 2012
North Carolina
OK. You can accomplish this best through the launcher itself instead of Zooper. What launcher do you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I use Nova. To accomplish this in Nova, go to Nova settings>desktop. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check "widget overlap" and "overlap when placing". Wala. Now you can lay widgets on top of widgets and no more lost grid space.

Edit: I don't know about putting widgets below the dock. I've never seen that done but you can remove the dock and use the entire space in custom launchers such as Nova. Another launcher I would recommend that is a little rough to figure out to begin with but is probably the most customizable is SSLauncher.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmediaman

mmediaman

Aug 10, 2008
I see thank you.

I use GO Launcher. I will have to go through it's settings to see if there is something similar.

If anyone has any other ideas, do tell. Thanks!

mmediaman

Aug 10, 2008
:eek: It seems my GO Launcher does not have an option for Widgets to overlap each other.

Can anyone suggest any other alternative as I am not so much up for changing my Launcher to Nova?

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Apology if this has been covered before, but limited forum search capability didn't find any answers for me.

Can anyone suggest a way to avoid having to use screen grid space if I want a Zooper widget to occupy only the space across the top or bottom edge of the screen? The bottom edge could mean below the App Drawer (Is this even possible?)

Please see the attached example Zooper battery gauge which is seen as a gradient just below the screen status area. This widget occupies the top grid row (4x1), wasting grid space since the progress module only needs a few pixels. I want to be able to re-use the 4x1 grid space if needed. (btw, the blue line at the bottom edge of the screen below the App Drawer in the picture is put there by another app)

Thanks for any response.

OK. You can accomplish this best through the launcher itself instead of Zooper. What launcher do you use?

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I use Nova. To accomplish this in Nova, go to Nova settings>desktop. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check "widget overlap" and "overlap when placing". Wala. Now you can lay widgets on top of widgets and no more lost grid space.

Edit: I don't know about putting widgets below the dock. I've never seen that done but you can remove the dock and use the entire space in custom launchers such as Nova. Another launcher I would recommend that is a little rough to figure out to begin with but is probably the most customizable is SSLauncher.

You can get very thin graphics under the dock in Nova. Set vertical margins to none. Set dock to dock as overlay under the advanced dock settings.. Set dock height to large. Set dock icons to small. Then place a widget as far down as possible. You can get one of those shadow pngs under there.

ema7usa9.jpg

(That widget at the top will be a new topic at some point. I'm still working on it (thats why the action overlays are visible). It is REALLY complicated. A hundred or so objects, data from tasker, active reconfiguration via tasker, etc. Fixed the issue of reporting LTE signal strength, wifi bars match systemui bars exactly. LTE bars match systemui bars exactly. Email data from google email app, not just gmail. Shadows that work with rotation. The date is always placed centered in the widest space between the hour and minute hand. Etc. Etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: mmediaman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for any response.

You can get very thin graphics under the dock in Nova. Set vertical margins to none. Set dock to dock as overlay under the advanced dock settings.. Set dock height to large. Set dock icons to small. Then place a widget as far down as possible. You can get one of those shadow pngs under there.

ema7usa9.jpg

(That widget at the top will be a new topic at some point. I'm still working on it (thats why the action overlays are visible). It is REALLY complicated. A hundred or so objects, data from tasker, active reconfiguration via tasker, etc. Fixed the issue of reporting LTE signal strength, wifi bars match systemui bars exactly. LTE bars match systemui bars exactly. Email data from google email app, not just gmail. Shadows that work with rotation. The date is always placed centered in the widest space between the hour and minute hand. Etc. Etc.)