troubles with new sim card on straightalk and MMS

Search This thread

maxpower2078

Jan 2, 2012
I upgraded my sim card so that I could get LTE service, I have the new APN on and working although I am still only getting 6MBs like I did before but now I don't seem to be getting MMS messages either.

my settings that I found to use are this and I have this with 1 subtraction as I don't have the option.
FIELD SETTINGS
NAME st lte
APN tfdata
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT 80
MMS_APN tfdata -- don't have MMS_APN

My wife has the same phone and the sim card was purchased at the same time, she is getting 14MBs down and I believe her MMS is working.

We are both on the Viper rom, i have hboot 1.44 she has 1.55 that is about the only difference.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I upgraded my sim card so that I could get LTE service, I have the new APN on and working although I am still only getting 6MBs like I did before but now I don't seem to be getting MMS messages either.

my settings that I found to use are this and I have this with 1 subtraction as I don't have the option.
FIELD SETTINGS
NAME st lte
APN tfdata
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT 80
MMS_APN tfdata -- don't have MMS_APN

My wife has the same phone and the sim card was purchased at the same time, she is getting 14MBs down and I believe her MMS is working.

We are both on the Viper rom, i have hboot 1.44 she has 1.55 that is about the only difference.

make sure your apn is correct, you might want to confirm with your carrier. I'm not sure about yours, but on mine, its not required to enter a mms apn when you already have a lte apn. mms works fine only using the lte apn. ALso make sure you are not using apps like AdBlock Plus, these apps block ads but they also block mms.

maxpower2078

Jan 2, 2012
make sure your apn is correct, you might want to confirm with your carrier. I'm not sure about yours, but on mine, its not required to enter a mms apn when you already have a lte apn. mms works fine only using the lte apn. ALso make sure you are not using apps like AdBlock Plus, these apps block ads but they also block mms.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a feeling this version is setup to not use a MMS_APN as I don't even have an option to put one in.

Also, before sticking the new sim card in, everything worked fine on the same os, phone etc..... so it is all about the change to a new sim and ST resetting some things on my account to get it to work today.

I am guessing I need to call them.