[KERNEL][PLAY][CDMA R800x][Stock 2.3.3 Rom] Stock with Overclock 1.6GHz

Search This thread

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
What is this:
This is the Verizon Xperia Play R800x Stock Kernel for 2.3.3 WITH OVERCLOCK TO 1.6GHz.

What works:
Absolutely EVERYTHING!

What doesn't work:
You tell me.

Who deserves credit:
KeiranFTW <-- This Guy
and all our other developers which always have helpful info when I google something!

Story:
KeiranFTW made this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400127
but WiFi was broken for R800x.
So I fixed it!
How? Used his kernel with stock ramdisk.

How to use:
1. Download file attached to this post: r800x-stock-overclock.img
2. You must have unlocked bootloader.
3. using fastboot type in the following command:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot r800x-stock-overclock.img
4. This will not erase your data.
5. This has only been tested on R800x with stock 2.3.3.

Note:
The original kernel had recovery added (by pressing back button on boot), this one does not have that recovery.
You can use this recovery instead: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pvy.CWMinstaler, after installing press VOLUME DOWN after bot to enter recovery.

Attachments

• r800x-stock-overclock.img
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,353
Last edited:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Great job! Any chance of getting the recovery back in the kernel tho? Either way, again, great job!

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Sorry, probably not ... is there anything that the recovery in kernel does that the one that gets installed with the app doesn't?

Sent from my R800x using XDA

It's kinda nice having it in the ramdisk, because then you never have to worry about it (because it works on boot, no matter what :p)

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
It's kinda nice having it in the ramdisk, because then you never have to worry about it (because it works on boot, no matter what :p)

I see, that makes sense ... If you flash a custom ROM and it goes wrong you'll have to get back to a PC to fix it if you don't have recovery in the kernel.

Ok, I can try ... But I've never done that before so any pointers would be great.

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
I see, that makes sense ... If you flash a custom ROM and it goes wrong you'll have to get back to a PC to fix it if you don't have recovery in the kernel.

Ok, I can try ... But I've never done that before so any pointers would be great.

Just split DooMKernel CDMA boot.img into zImage and ramdisk and kindly use his ram disk :)

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
Doesn't using dooms ramdisk break wifi when coming from another kernel?

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.

That is what I was thinking ... We would be back at square one.

For learning purposes I will go in there and figure out what they change to get recovery on the kernel ... If I can add just that to the ramdisk then it shouldn't break WiFi.

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland

For learning purposes I will go in there and figure out what they change to get recovery on the kernel ... If I can add just that to the ramdisk then it shouldn't break WiFi.

As far as I know you need to faf around with busy box, put recovery executable, make bootrec script, make bootrec script run...
Its all annoying v/

Reactions: hatcyl

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
As far as I know you need to faf around with busy box, put recovery executable, make bootrec script, make bootrec script run...
Its all annoying v/

Wow, sound like a pain :sly:
Thanks for the info ... I'll see how far I can get ... It's going to be hard considering I'm still getting used to using Linux.

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Wow, sound like a pain :sly:
Thanks for the info ... I'll see how far I can get ... It's going to be hard considering I'm still getting used to using Linux.

You will get addicted to Linux, I can't stand windows on my laptop, its too slow.

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Sorry, probably not ... is there anything that the recovery in kernel does that the one that gets installed with the app doesn't?

Well, yeah. If the /system directory is wiped you essentially wipe the recovery.img that the app installs, whereas the recovery would still be available (when inside the kernel) provided the boot partition is still there ;)

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
Well, yeah. If the /system directory is wiped you essentially wipe the recovery.img that the app installs, whereas the recovery would still be available (when inside the kernel) provided the boot partition is still there ;)

Yeah, I made that connection on post 7.

But yeah, that is an extremely good reason to out recovery in the kernel.

I'll try, but no promises!

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, I made that connection on post 7.

But yeah, that is an extremely good reason to out recovery in the kernel.

I'll try, but no promises!

If anyone is still following, I haven't even used my personal computer since the last post.

So the kernel with recovery probably won't happen at all.

Sorry guys!

If anyone is still following, I haven't even used my personal computer since the last post.

Sorry guys!

Is anyone still interested in this? I am...... never really cared for ICS as I game too much and have been having consant issues with DoomKernel and wifi constantly dropping, looking for alternative Kernels.....

Reactions: soninjr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this:
    This is the Verizon Xperia Play R800x Stock Kernel for 2.3.3 WITH OVERCLOCK TO 1.6GHz.

What works:
    Absolutely EVERYTHING!

What doesn't work:
    You tell me.

Who deserves credit:
    KeiranFTW <-- This Guy
    and all our other developers which always have helpful info when I google something!

Story:
    KeiranFTW made this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400127
    but WiFi was broken for R800x.
    So I fixed it!
    How? Used his kernel with stock ramdisk.

How to use:
    1. Download file attached to this post: r800x-stock-overclock.img
    2. You must have unlocked bootloader.
    3. using fastboot type in the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot r800x-stock-overclock.img
    4. This will not erase your data.
    5. This has only been tested on R800x with stock 2.3.3.

Note:
    The original kernel had recovery added (by pressing back button on boot), this one does not have that recovery.
    You can use this recovery instead: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pvy.CWMinstaler, after installing press VOLUME DOWN after bot to enter recovery.
    +1. :)

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

It's in the OP under "story", it's simply his kernel with stock ramdisk. No code what so ever.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Its all annoying v/

Sorry guys!

Is anyone still interested in this? I am...... never really cared for ICS as I game too much and have been having consant issues with DoomKernel and wifi constantly dropping, looking for alternative Kernels.....
    As I was curious how many R800x users have a unlocked bootloader I decided to ask the community via this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30053948#post30053948

This is only for CDMA R800x users... want to see how many CDMA users really have their phone BL unlocked