[App][Best Launcher] GO Launcher v3.01 and HD version for Android 2.x - (21/5/2012)

What is the most important feature you want in the future?

• More stable and less memory usage

Votes: 129 60.3%
  • More smooth and better sliding experience

Votes: 100 46.7%
  • More options for visual settings

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Plugins like notification for better operation

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Deeper settings to modify home screen

Votes: 53 24.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Silvane

Feb 21, 2012
With latest update app drawer no longer lags. Although folders still do. But overall it seems faster.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

jpkbeddu

May 21, 2011
Chennai, India
Can we change the app launching animation to set to default android management..? The Go launcher Ex animation is nice, but the CM 7's new animation downported from ICS looks more pleasant..

Sent from my Incredible S

tsoifun

Jan 29, 2004
Limassol
Would be really nice to have more then 9 screens, as it was before.....I chosen GO LAUNCHER because it was possible to add as much screens as I wanted. Any chances to revert it in new update or any chances to go back to previous version?

Last edited:

bitblaster

Sep 2, 2008
Padova
Folder grid size

Hi, great launcher it's almost perfect!!!
I have noticed some problems however:
1) On ICS it's much more lagging than on Gingerbread. I'm on a Galaxy S with ICS AOKP 4.0.3. Note that other launchers (stock, nova and QQ launcher) performs perfectly smooth.
2) On ICS the background service (AppService) eats way too much ram. Now I'm at 48 MB, whether on Gingerbread with the EXACTLY same configuration, it was around 22 MB. As a workaround I tried to disable the service (enabled=false) in the AndroidManifest.xml and all works as before, so: why is needed a background service in go launcher?
2) Could be possible to add an option to customize the grid size of an open folder? currently it is fixed to 4x3 (cols x rows), I'd like to expand it to 4x4.

Thank you again for your work!

Crwfds

Oct 10, 2006
I agree

Would be really nice to have more then 9 screens, as it was before.....I chosen GO LAUNCHER because it was possible to add as much screens as I wanted. Any chances to revert it in new update or any chances to go back to previous version?

I agree, please allow for this option again. I experienced no crashes when I had the option for more then nine screens and I have choosen to revert back to version 2.83 unless there is a change back to more then nine screens. Unless 3.0 has something I cannot live without...

Thanks for the great Launcher

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Try 'menu-more-lock screen'.

Thanks +1 :)

I installed GO Launcher EX Notification
& it Always shows 1 Msge & when i shows 2 mesge then i know I have a new Message
I open all my message just to clear that 1 mesge it still shows Always :(

I atached Image also to show
Please Help

Attachments

• SC20120331-105100.jpg
    SC20120331-105100.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Love this launcher but note that you still need the stupid switch download to use lockscreen gesture which is really cool. This switch thing runs in the background consuming valuable memory. Sigh! Back to 2.82

Sent using TCP/IP

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
oh, thats a shame, sometimes I use it more when I want to try a lot of new widgets :(

In other side if you can, please please please change the folders. Even if your launcher it is hands down the best and the folders inside drawer it is the most killer feature of your launcher against others, they are very slow oppening and should be more like touchwiz, dont animate it from up to down, simply open it with 16 items.

With some improvements in the folders, I can't think in any other improvement, it will be perfect.

Hey, our new folder is coming!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    =GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x=
    Here is the beta version of GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x, which is the tablet version of GO Launcher.
    We need you guys to help us use it and tell me what you feel about the new features.
    Tips:
    1. Available for tablet devices with Android 2.0 or up.
    2. Same functions with GO Launcher HD v1.07.
    3. Please use v1.07 version on your tablet with Android 3.0 or up.
    This is only beta version, if there’s any problems or bugs please send feedback to us through “Menu->Feedback”.

Download: http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/pad/GOLauncherHD_2.x_beta2.apk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

=About this post=
    Hey xda guys, here is GO Launcher Dev Team and I'm the product manager who is in charge of GO Launcher EX.
    We will bring out GO Launcher v3.0 in near future which includes a lot of new features.
    I will release every beta version here and hope that you can tell me how you feel about our new features.[/FONT]

=Newest Version on Market=
    Now the newest version is v3.01.
    Market page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

=Newest Beta Version=
    Next version is v3.02 and there are some new features mentioned below:

1. (New) Combined interface of launcher and locker theme preview

Download: please click here

=About GO Launcher=
    GO Launcher is the most popular home app in Android Market. It allows users to customize home screen, change themes, use smooth transition animation as well as various widgets and screen locks. It brings you a fresh and extraordinary mobile operation experience.

=Features=
    - Thousands of personalized themes
    - Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
    - Extremely smooth transition animation
    - Smooth flipping operation
    - User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
    Many options in preferences to help you customize you phone!

=Tips=
    1. How to get themes, widgets and lockers?
    a) Search ‘go launcher theme’, ‘go widget’ or ‘go locker’ in Android Market.
    b) Use GO Store via menu button in GO Launcher.
    2. How to set transition animation?
    Use ‘Effects settings’ via button in GO Launcher.
    3. Icons are too small?
    Use ‘Icon Size’ option in ‘Preferences->Visual settings->Icons’ to make icons bigger.
    3. Long press the app icon to enter editing mode on home screen and app drawer.
    4. Glide up to open menu and glide down to pull down notification.
    5. The widgets in the screenshots belong to GO Widget, attainable from Android Market or GO Store.

=Important=
    1. GO Launcher is a totally free app without any charge.
    2. If you cannot set ‘GO Launcher’ as the default home app, download ‘Home Manager’ to fix it.
    3. ‘DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create shortcuts of ‘person’ and ‘direct dial’. GO Launcher won't make unattended phone call and cost your money.
    5. ‘READ CONTACT DATA’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create 'person' shortcut as well as to add contact folder.

Our commitments are respecting user privacy and delivering cool experience. Please help us by rating this app and recommending to the others.

Want an extreme makeover to your phone? Try it out!

Owned by and Visit 3G.cn Through Your Mobile.
    Copyright 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.
    Question to Product Manager ugujun:

Can you remove Application manager which checks for applications update and make it a plugin? It hogs in the background otherwise a very good launcher.
    This has always been bugging me, but how does GoTeam actually make a living out of giving the app for free? Personal data sale?
    Sorry, no personal data sale!
    We sell themes to get money and GO Launcher is totally free.
    it just redundant, we have physical home button man..

Speak for yourself. Not redundant for me.

I'm glad there is a home button on app drawer when using it on my Kindle Fire.
    I just believe we have the right to complain/ask for updates/ etc.. by virtue of the fact that we are exchanging something for a service. Its just deceitful to claim its "free" . That's all.

Then by your terms, everything is "paid" and requires "exchanging something" ?
    The guys are working hard, and just because its a day or two late on a update, which according to me is a major update, doesn't mean their just lazy or anything. Just give them a bit more time and im sure they'll do as they said.
    I'm not trying to go out on war here or anything, just saying that complaining will not get you the update faster.