Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801) firmware 1750.805.8773.12140 [07/May/12]

Search This thread

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
Hi there,

Just checked nokia firmware repository with navifirm+ and found the 1750.805.8773.12140 firmware to be available for the Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801). Currently only chinese unbranded versions (so called Country Variant) are released but I guess other versions can't be far away now.

There is no official changelog available at the time of writing, but it is highly likely this firmware:
* Brings Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (code named TANGO) [judging by the 8773 version number]
* Brings Internet Sharing (tethering) capabilities (rumours)
* Fixes all known audio bugs
* Fixes/improves camera (overall image quality/panorama mode)

Someone cares enough to try this out? :)

Edit:
* Firmware may contain local substitutes for Facebook and Twitter, avoid if you rely heavily on these services
* Filter on '800' in Navifirm+ to see RM-801 firmwares in the list
* How to flash?!? => See this video on youtube AND (recommended) read this thread to get a better understanding.

Edit2:
* XDA user surya467 has tried the new ROM, his findings so far:
tethering
export contacts to SIM
advanced network settings for calls and messages
additional option in video mode - the quality of
Xbox animated tiles
new sign on the top bar

Edit3:
another XDA user 'Sirstoner ' tested the firmware; his conclusions:
Facebook/Twitter
* No Facebook integration in Contacts
* No Twitter account selection possible

All the other stuff has been mentioned, tethering, settings and camera updated. But for everyone who uses facebook this one isn't any good... Damn, cuz I use facebook a lot :p
Lots of China customization, lots of Chinese social networks intergration (cool logo's) but very pointless if ur a FB using european.

Languages
Display language: UK / US / Chinese 1 and Chinese 2
Region format: World
System locale: World
Browser language / search: World

Internet Sharing (tethering/WLAN hotspot)
WLAN hotspot tested and confirmed working. So if that is more important for you than Facebook, there you go

Edit4:
Some news sites report this firmware as being Chinese lumia 800 specific. The weird thing is that this is not true. While the rom itself is targeted for China (due to the language and fb/twitter leftout), the targetted device is the 'International' version of the Lumia 800 (RM-801). There is also a chinese version of the lumia 800, this is referred to as Lumia 800C (RM-802) in the repository. Last we have the US version of the Lumia 800 (RM-819).

Both the 800C (RM-802) and 800 'International' (RM-801) have the 12140 firmware available in the repository, while the RM-819 has not. Before today only the 800C had the socalled 12120 firmware, while the 800 'International' was left at 12070. Either way, for better world-wide support (fb/twitter/more languges) we have to wait for nokia to release 12140 firmware for other continents. My guess is this will be soon.

Last, updating this ROM with previous language packs works, but only for old functionality. Obviously these language packs (of firmware <= 12072) miss translations for new created sections such as the WiFi Hotspot menu.

Edit5:
The c in 800c could also stand for CDMA as suggested by xda user nikatnight.

Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I don't see the RM-801 listed

7.PNG

Reactions: ananthulasrikar

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
I would try it, I am curious about Internet Sharing - otherwise Lumia 800 is useless for me.

Do you think I can install this FW on carrier-branded phone (Polkom)?

Thanks.

Reactions: ananthulasrikar

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
Lumia 800 with a current FW 12072 to the newest one 12140 via Navifirm Plus

Guys,
I would ask you if I can flash my Lumia 800 with a current FW 12072 to the newest one 12140 via Navifirm Plus?

I found a tutorial "tutorial-flashing-your-nokia-lumia-710-800-with-official-custom-firmware".

My Lumia:
- does NOT have Qualcomm ROM,
- has carrier info in About menu: "Plus PL SW Variant ID544 v.01".

I would flash it to this FW:
059N711: Nokia 800 RM-819 Vodafone Australia AU Matt Black V2

Can I?

Thank you very much.
Jerry

alberto23

Jul 6, 2007
According to NokiaPowerUser (i can't post links):

In what seems like an unconfirmed tip from our reader ”Amit”, in a program organised yesterday, Nokia has probably demoed the Tango/wp 7.5 refresh update and the changes that it brings obviously include internet sharing/Tethering but the details of other changes are really interesting.

- Marketplace now being named as Nokia market place with Nokia store’s logo.
- Improved battery performance.
- Nokia is about to release an App which allows bluetooth file transfer for Lumia phones.

Bluetooth file transfer is something for which windows phone OS has been criticised severely by Symbian users, and in a recent discussion CEO Elop has confirmed that it will be coming soon to Lumia devices.

Briefcase

Nov 10, 2009
Guys,
I would ask you if I can flash my Lumia 800 with a current FW 12072 to the newest one 12140 via Navifirm Plus?

I found a tutorial "tutorial-flashing-your-nokia-lumia-710-800-with-official-custom-firmware".

My Lumia:
- does NOT have Qualcomm ROM,
- has carrier info in About menu: "Plus PL SW Variant ID544 v.01".

I would flash it to this FW:
059N711: Nokia 800 RM-819 Vodafone Australia AU Matt Black V2

Can I?

Thank you very much.
Jerry

firmware mentioned in this thread is an official signed firmware by nokia, therefor qualcomm loader is NOT required to flash. Just rename the firmware files to include your product id. For instructions see starting post. Please note this is RM-801 (international version) not RM-819 (US Version)

Reactions: Czechnolog

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Hi there,

Just checked nokia firmware repository with navifirm+ and found the 1750.805.8773.12140 firmware to be available for the Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801). Currently only chinese unbranded versions (so called Country Variant) are released but I guess other versions can't be far away now.

There is no official changelog available at the time of writing, but it is highly likely this firmware:
* Brings Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (code named TANGO) [judging by the 8773 version number]

Edit:
* Firmware may contain local substitutes for Facebook and Twitter, avoid if you rely heavily on these services
* How to flash?!? => See this video on youtube AND (recommended) read this thread to get a better understanding.

Edit2:

Does anybody know if the Lumias can be flashed with Win8, I have tried to do so but it did not work for me as it could not connect. Everytime I powered up while holding vol up, I heard the short buzz but after a few sec it would just reboot and disconnect.

Gorki247

Dec 8, 2010
According to NokiaPowerUser (i can't post links):

In what seems like an unconfirmed tip from our reader ”Amit”, in a program organised yesterday, Nokia has probably demoed the Tango/wp 7.5 refresh update and the changes that it brings obviously include internet sharing/Tethering but the details of other changes are really interesting.

- Marketplace now being named as Nokia market place with Nokia store’s logo.
- Improved battery performance.
- Nokia is about to release an App which allows bluetooth file transfer for Lumia phones.

Bluetooth file transfer is something for which windows phone OS has been criticised severely by Symbian users, and in a recent discussion CEO Elop has confirmed that it will be coming soon to Lumia devices.

I'm don't quite understand why Nokia would be renaming the marketplace and branding it with their store's logo as it isn't really their marketplace, unless your talking about the 'Nokia collection' area? Or is there something more to this rebranding?

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
firmware mentioned in this thread is an official signed firmware by nokia, therefor qualcomm loader is NOT required to flash. Just rename the firmware files to include your product id. For instructions see starting post. Please note this is RM-801 (international version) not RM-819 (US Version)

1. Can I then go back to my original firmware?
2. Can anybody confirm that this FW does NOT include Facebook and Twitter?

THANK YOU BRIEFCASE :).

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Hey,
Thanks for the screenshots. Can you try the flip to mute feature? Set the phone to loud and place it somewhere with the display facing upwards. Now call yourself and when the phone rings turn it so that the display points down.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Edit:

Edit2:
    tethering
    export contacts to SIM
    advanced network settings for calls and messages
    additional option in video mode - the quality of
    Xbox animated tiles
    new sign on the top bar

Edit3:
    another XDA user 'Sirstoner ' tested the firmware; his conclusions:
    Facebook/Twitter
    * No Facebook integration in Contacts
    * No Twitter account selection possible

All the other stuff has been mentioned, tethering, settings and camera updated. But for everyone who uses facebook this one isn't any good... Damn, cuz I use facebook a lot :p
    Lots of China customization, lots of Chinese social networks intergration (cool logo's) but very pointless if ur a FB using european.

Languages
    Display language: UK / US / Chinese 1 and Chinese 2
    Region format: World
    System locale: World
    Browser language / search: World

Internet Sharing (tethering/WLAN hotspot)
    WLAN hotspot tested and confirmed working. So if that is more important for you than Facebook, there you go

Edit4:
    Some news sites report this firmware as being Chinese lumia 800 specific. The weird thing is that this is not true. While the rom itself is targeted for China (due to the language and fb/twitter leftout), the targetted device is the 'International' version of the Lumia 800 (RM-801). There is also a chinese version of the lumia 800, this is referred to as Lumia 800C (RM-802) in the repository. Last we have the US version of the Lumia 800 (RM-819).

Both the 800C (RM-802) and 800 'International' (RM-801) have the 12140 firmware available in the repository, while the RM-819 has not. Before today only the 800C had the socalled 12120 firmware, while the 800 'International' was left at 12070. Either way, for better world-wide support (fb/twitter/more languges) we have to wait for nokia to release 12140 firmware for other continents. My guess is this will be soon.

Last, updating this ROM with previous language packs works, but only for old functionality. Obviously these language packs (of firmware <= 12072) miss translations for new created sections such as the WiFi Hotspot menu.

Edit5:
    The c in 800c could also stand for CDMA as suggested by xda user nikatnight.
    i will try..will need to flash back to mango...

Sent from my Nokia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

7.PNG

7.PNG

Its named Lumia 800. You can either scroll the list or use the filters to search for it.
    For Nokia Care Suite, always go to Seidea