[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Search This thread

syathibiy

Sep 21, 2011
The latest update will be available this month. It will still be in beta. The commingle update will be better in memory and battery life. That's all we know so far...

@Syanthib you have to flash the "Google apps" too. Not only the cm9 rom .

Also the camera works. It crashed on my phone only for the first time. After that it was working fine.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA

Ohh, no wonder. But then, how come I didn't have to download the gapps when I updated to cm7?

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

You can download the latest GAPPS here, http://goo.im/gapps/ .

Hope this'll help.

Which one do I need to download? ^^

cwkhong

Jan 3, 2008
Ok, I've downloaded it & put it into my sd card, but nothing has changed. Mind showing me how to flash the gapps by providing simple steps? Thanks. ^^

i think u hv to update together with the rom, 1st update the rom then update gapps. that's what i did, it works. but then this great rom is not for daily usage, fc/reboot a bit.

Reactions: syathibiy

napnau

Feb 10, 2012
Pampanga
Oh. So, no solution for this matter? Is it still workable if I use link2sd app?

I think if you have a partitioned sd card (fat32, ext3, swap) the applications you've installed will automatically moved to sd card. Before, I was on CM9 and I got some applications installed. Then, I flashed a fresh sbf, then moved back again to CM9. All the previous applications installed are there.

I don't know if I have the right analysis.
Or so I believe...

(I followed this method when I partitioned my sd card, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z1Tu9l8WNc. Hope it can help you.)

Last edited:

syathibiy

Sep 21, 2011
I think if you have a partitioned sd card (fat32, ext3, swap) the applications you've installed will automatically moved to sd card. Before, I was on CM9 and I got some applications installed. Then, I flashed a fresh sbf, then moved back again to CM9. All the previous applications installed are there.

I don't know if I have the right analysis.
Or so I believe...

(I followed this method when I partitioned my sd card, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z1Tu9l8WNc. Hope it can help you.)

I still have the partitioned sd card. Why is it it is not automatically installed to sd card? :hmm:

warrenlday

Mar 30, 2007
It works in ICS
I've been on modsbf and everything I've flashed has seen my apps, the only changes have been if an app is incompatible with ICS, you don't see it.
Actually same thing going back to GB as well, all the apps are on SD but only compatible are installed.

TechfanGR

Mar 4, 2012
Heraklion of Crete
Fj said on cm7.2 thread, that its time for cm9 updates.
Cm7.2 is finally finished and he posted the last update.

(Find fj's comment and hit the thanks button)

Sent from my XT720 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[
    Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.