SimLock Solution For All 4.3 users

Search This thread

james341

Dec 7, 2005
Hello to you all
I would like to show all of you 4.3 users the solution "elvisypi" gave me in my private mail and finally i succeed to unlock my device.
So all of us know that sprint or google changed the way HtcOMADM works and we can't use the original system for unlocking our device.
So here is the solution that "elvisypi" gave me :

1. Download the "Stock with goodies 4.3 ROM". Don't flash it wet. (link : http://www.mediafire.com/?9y21d2wlszh6d6c )
2, With an archive viewer like winzip open the ROM.zip and go to /system/app
3. replace 2 apps which I have attached: HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk and HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk. Just drag and drop and replace.
4. Finally flash the ROM.
5. Install the HTCOneSIMUnlockHelper and follow the onscreen instructions.

This system works 100% and this way you can be on 4.3 rom and still have an unlock GSM sprint device.

again , many thanks to "elvisypi" for his great support

Attachments

• HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk
    36.5 KB · Views: 6,049
  • HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 27,063

syedinsane

Jul 4, 2010
I'm not using t-mobile , I'm not from the US but it should work with any GSM sim after the unlock is done

I've followed your directions, using the ROM you provided (only difference being flashing the root-fix) and I get vDM errors every time I boot and the app says it's unlocked but my Tmobile SIM gets no signal. Is there any other way i can check if my phone's unlocked?

james341

Dec 7, 2005
I've followed your directions, using the ROM you provided (only difference being flashing the root-fix) and I get vDM errors every time I boot and the app says it's unlocked but my Tmobile SIM gets no signal. Is there any other way i can check if my phone's unlocked?

Did you changed the phone in settings to GSM/UMTS?

mrlakadaddy

Mar 23, 2008
brooklyn
[/COLOR]Delete

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

David Campos

Oct 29, 2013
It didnt work for me?

I did exactly what you said an When the phone starts up it says unfortunately ui has stop working an it keeps popping up an i cant do anything with my phone

Da1stig

Apr 2, 2008
Thank you for this already pressed the Thank you button also

i was getting annoyed that i couldnt find the files before i found this thread :)

IBIcorp

Dec 9, 2010
HTC ONE

I did everthing s-off....flashed to the old radio baseband....tried everything still havent got any signal....who know what a problem?
The only thing is that I've flashed my sprint htc one to the Straight talk. Could it cause a problem?

-Airwave-

Nov 30, 2010
I am also trying to unlock for T-Mobile. Running into the same issues as others. I was reading a thread where someone was apparently using it on T-Mobile, and PMed them on how exactly they did it but never got a response.

Would love to hear if anyone has it working on T-Mobile

kloriahdez

Nov 5, 2010
Costa Rica
This works. :victory:
Only need to extract, modify and zip again.
Flash with TWRP.
And everything is working normally, no need to reinstall or root, or whatever.

The only problem is that every time I turn on the phone, I get the error message VDM:confused:, but it disappears instantly, without stopping or forcing any application.:)
I live outside the U.S., and continues to operate all perfect with SIMUnlockerHelper. :fingers-crossed:

My device: Sprint Htc one = Unlockboot, TWRP, SIMUnlocker Helper, Root, and the rom on the top of the post. (benny's 4.3 LOL)

Last edited:

svil3

Jun 4, 2010
it actually works, but if you're using a sense rom I think you only need to download the apps in the op and replacing in system/app
I did this with insertcoin 6.0-4, the unlock helper app didn't recognize the rom, but with the terminal emulator method it worked just fine, tried with a sim and all fine ... then put again the original apks and you don't have to deal with any error popups

Last edited:

cbburtraw

Sep 2, 2013
Ann Arbor
www.facebook.com
Interesting. I was under the impression that our version of this device did not support domestic (only international) GSM bands, hardware wise.

Is this version of sim unlocking different than what you would get if you asked Sprint? (they do allow you to unlock it if you meet certain criteria, like good account standing)

Interesting. I was under the impression that our version of this device did not support domestic (only international) GSM bands, hardware wise.

Is this version of sim unlocking different than what you would get if you asked Sprint? (they do allow you to unlock it if you meet certain criteria, like good account standing)

it supports the bands, but all the radios except the original one block domestic gsm carriers. if you still unlock and use that radio, it'll work.

jannmedia

Nov 26, 2006
Not working

I tried everything mentioned above, ( Unlock bootloader, S-OFF, Root) also changed the 2 apps in the system for the 4.3 ROM Stock rooted deodexed and then used the SIM unlock helper.
Then Got the same result : No GSM signal, and the SPRINT logo still on the top when I make a call, the same answer comes: " Error number 16 script 3."
I'm using Straight Talk Sim by ATT.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to you all
    I would like to show all of you 4.3 users the solution "elvisypi" gave me in my private mail and finally i succeed to unlock my device.
    So all of us know that sprint or google changed the way HtcOMADM works and we can't use the original system for unlocking our device.
    So here is the solution that "elvisypi" gave me :

1. Download the "Stock with goodies 4.3 ROM". Don't flash it wet. (link : http://www.mediafire.com/?9y21d2wlszh6d6c )
    2, With an archive viewer like winzip open the ROM.zip and go to /system/app
    3. replace 2 apps which I have attached: HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk and HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk. Just drag and drop and replace.
    4. Finally flash the ROM.
    5. Install the HTCOneSIMUnlockHelper and follow the onscreen instructions.

This system works 100% and this way you can be on 4.3 rom and still have an unlock GSM sprint device.

again , many thanks to "elvisypi" for his great support
    it supports the bands, but all the radios except the original one block domestic gsm carriers. if you still unlock and use that radio, it'll work.

Sorry, I'm not up to date on the unlocking thing. What you're saying is that if you RUU to the latest and replace the 2 files, my program will tell you that it's successful but you'll have no signal. The issue isn't the app, modified files, or the base - the issue is that the new radio blocks domestic GSM carriers? Which radio do you need to flash back to so that it works?

I'm trying to gather all the info I can to update my SIM Unlock app. Thanks :)
    which radio? .7 or .10

its the first radio here:
    Code:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2406330

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Sorry, I'm not up to date on the unlocking thing. What you're saying is that if you RUU to the latest and replace the 2 files, my program will tell you that it's successful but you'll have no signal. The issue isn't the app, modified files, or the base - the issue is that the new radio blocks domestic GSM carriers? Which radio do you need to flash back to so that it works?

I'm trying to gather all the info I can to update my SIM Unlock app. Thanks :)

the Initial Release: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2406330
    hey guys after unlocking SIM using the method if I change the ROM, will the SIM Unlock stick or will I lose it?
    i want to stock ruu

Don't worry you won't loose the unlock

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Hello I'm trying this solution and heres what I get, I attached the responses as screenshots if anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 2395376 when I click start this happens View attachment 2395379

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
    If you are on stock maybe this happens cause the ROM is odexed and the files you replaced are deodexed. Try flashing another ROM, I'm sure it'll be fixed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk