How to kill media server battery drain

Search This thread

XavierD8188

Jun 29, 2013
New York
For the longest I've had this Media Server issue that would drain my battery by 35% or more and I think I may have figured out how to kill this S.O.B. Go to Settings>under account select Google>click on account> then where it says Google Play Music let it sync once then unselect it.. Haven't seen in since..

Update: Also received this from user: @xdafoundingmember seems to have killed it completely. Thank you sir https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rrr.android.mediaserverkiller

Last edited:

revcrpb

Nov 28, 2012
This is a big problem is aosp and on nexus devices. ....there is an app on plaster called media server kill or something I will try to find the link

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app edit This is the app

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the link to the app, that did the trick for me. :good:

XavierD8188

Jun 29, 2013
New York
Reactions: uncompromised

xdafoundingmember

Aug 17, 2013
My nexus 7 did this and it was draining 38% battery. .. many ppl have this and not much fixes t other then wiping, .... this app is a savior

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cooki3monst3r77

Mar 28, 2011
Dayton, OH
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
got it!!

OK, so mediaserver was killing my battery too. I did some digging with the digging being geared towards media and serving information. Turns out, for me anyway, that the Google play store was using twice the amount if background data as it was foreground data so, I checked the box to restrict background data and vioala!!!! Mediaserver went from using over forty percent to, now, 3 percent. I've been on battery all day from 8am, it's eleven now and I'm at 81 percent writing this.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
I had mediaserver killer set to kill on screen on and I had camera FC issues so I set it to intervals and now it's great. Just FYI for those who use it.

Top Liked Posts