[Q] How to Unlock Relocked Bootloader?

Search This thread

Izzie19

Oct 31, 2013
Hi there guys, I rooted my HTC One a couple of months ago. But now I want to go back to stock. So I watched this tutorial video on how to unroot my HTC One and got to the part where I'm supposed to relock my bootloader.

I had to stop the process because the application he recommended wouldn't run on my Windows 7.

So, I'm stuck with a relocked bootloader and S-on.

I thought about converting my device to Google Play Ed but realized that I may not have the right skills for that just yet so now, I just want to go back to stock 4.3 but when I selected Recovery, it showed "***Security Warning***" right below "***Tampered***" and "***Relocked***".

After 2 restarts it disappeared but I'm scared that it might appear again.

I really want to just go back to stock. I've looked in the past threads and didn't find a solution on how to unroot specifically for relocked bootloaders.

I would really appreciate some help please.

Last edited:

mjwitt2

Feb 15, 2010
Youngstown
Hi there guys, I rooted my HTC One a couple of months ago. But now I want to go back to stock. So I watched this tutorial video on how to unroot my HTC One and got to the part where I'm supposed to relock my bootloader.

I had to stop the process because the application he recommended wouldn't run on my Windows 7.

I thought about converting my device to Google Play Ed but realized that I may not have the right skills for that just yet so now, I just want to go back to stock 4.3 but when I selected Recovery, it showed "***Security Warning***" right below "***Tampered***" and "***Relocked***".

I really want to just go back to stock. I've looked in the past threads and didn't find a solution on how to unroot specifically for relocked bootloaders.

Did you use rumrunner to s-off? Are you using a patched/modified hboot? Whatever method you used to s-off, you have to use the reverse of that, or you could brick your device. The answer to your question lies in the method you used to s-off your device.

I'm not saying this is going to help you, but I did a simple google search when I did this, and this helped me:

http://androidforums.com/internatio...stock-revone-moonshine-s-off.html#post5918438

Izzie19

Oct 31, 2013
It says it's S-ON though.. Do I Make it S-OFF first then unroot it? I thought it would be S-OFF because I rooted it. Should i try rumrunner to turn it to S-OFF?

beenow

Oct 5, 2010

Hi I went back to stock rom 4.3 with sense 5 but still ROOTED tho. If you want I will give you a link for that rom. just download it and use recovery to install that rom, but have to wipe and clean cache, system, data before installing zip file

Izzie19

Oct 31, 2013
Wouls that work even though mine says it's "relocked" and not "locked"? I just want to make sure cos I don't want to brick my phone..

Top Liked Posts