[Q] Verizon galaxy note 3 om Toubles!

Search This thread

sickorsane1

Jun 25, 2014
Hi guys, I have a question regarding some roming stuff with the verizon version of the galaxy note 3. I am not new to roms by any means and I have been searching frantically to find one place with the complete answer im looking for. I made the early mistake of taking the OTA upgrade for KK, therefore I am currently running 4.4.2 with the NC4 build and NC4 baseband. Now while i have easily rooted my phone at this point with the towelroot. I also have had no problem getting the new 3.72 safestrap installed and running on my phone. My question now at this point is trying to figure out my next step with a new ROM I am trying install....I have been looking at all of my info to get the Hyperdrive ROM installed and I cant seem to find all the info I need in one location. Can I or can I not flash a new ROM to the NC4 baseband? I have seen some information where some people say I might be able to flash the NC2 kernal using ODIN and others say just trying to flash any ROM in general creates a black screen in which a battery pull needs to be done...yada yada.....? So in short, am I able to flash a ROM to the note 3 at this point or am I S.O.L?

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Hi guys, I have a question regarding some roming stuff with the verizon version of the galaxy note 3. I am not new to roms by any means and I have been searching frantically to find one place with the complete answer im looking for. I made the early mistake of taking the OTA upgrade for KK, therefore I am currently running 4.4.2 with the NC4 build and NC4 baseband. Now while i have easily rooted my phone at this point with the towelroot. I also have had no problem getting the new 3.72 safestrap installed and running on my phone. My question now at this point is trying to figure out my next step with a new ROM I am trying install....I have been looking at all of my info to get the Hyperdrive ROM installed and I cant seem to find all the info I need in one location. Can I or can I not flash a new ROM to the NC4 baseband? I have seen some information where some people say I might be able to flash the NC2 kernal using ODIN and others say just trying to flash any ROM in general creates a black screen in which a battery pull needs to be done...yada yada.....? So in short, am I able to flash a ROM to the note 3 at this point or am I S.O.L?
Yes you can!! As long as the rom says that they support it you can. It says right here in red on the hyperdrive op-" This Rom is able to be installed on the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 On KitKat Bootloader with KK Safestrap" so make a backup with safestrap and try it out! And since it doesn't say anything about what specific one to use (I see what you are talking about) you won't have any harm with a backup. By the way the reason why a lot of roms were/are based on NC2 was because it was way more leniant than NC4 but now most if not all roms will support it. Just read the op.

Sent from my GalaxyAwesome

sickorsane1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes you can!! As long as the rom says that they support it you can. It says right here in red on the hyperdrive op-" This Rom is able to be installed on the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 On KitKat Bootloader with KK Safestrap" so make a backup with safestrap and try it out! And since it doesn't say anything about what specific one to use (I see what you are talking about) you won't have any harm with a backup. By the way the reason why a lot of roms were/are based on NC2 was because it was way more leniant than NC4 but now most if not all roms will support it. Just read the op.

Hmmm....well I tried to do the jasmine rom and I seem to have had the same problem that quite a few people are having. I put it in slot 1, created the rom slot and such, reboots into the recovery mode on ss just fine but then it goes to a black screen as if it's off. Have to battery pull. Maybe gonna try a different rom and see where I end up.

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
I'm running JasmineRom on the stock slot, but I also have the NC2 kernel..

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
You could try that (I would), or just flash the Nc2 stuff, then boot up (on stock), boot back to recovery and flash JasmineRom on stock. Those steps are just what I did and it worked for me. I'm really sorry but for the life of me that's the best I can remember about what I did. If none of that works, I'll try to install Jasmine onto a rom slot when I can.

Reactions: sickorsane1

sickorsane1

Jun 25, 2014
You could try that (I would), or just flash the Nc2 stuff, then boot up (on stock), boot back to recovery and flash JasmineRom on stock. Those steps are just what I did and it worked for me. I'm really sorry but for the life of me that's the best I can remember about what I did. If none of that works, I'll try to install Jasmine onto a rom slot when I can.

I flashed Nc2 from a post on here and still didn't work....I'm about to give up

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
You need to flash the rom after you've wiped everything, then reboot to download mode and install the unified firmware via odin. That should work.

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Okay, the dev just posted instructions in his last post on the JasmineRom thread. Check it out, it took me a while for it to work on my phone, it seems like a couple people are like us too.. Just a mix of trial and error

Edit: and sorry I couldn't help so far, I don't really want to go back to stock considering this is my daily and I need a bigger sd card to make a full backup. [emoji53]

Last edited:
Reactions: sickorsane1

sickorsane1

Jun 25, 2014
Okay, the dev just posted instructions in his last post on the JasmineRom thread. Check it out, it took me a while for it to work on my phone, it seems like a couple people are like us too.. Just a mix of trial and error

Edit: and sorry I couldn't help so far, I don't really want to go back to stock considering this is my daily and I need a bigger sd card to make a full backup. [emoji53]

All good! I finally got it working thanks to you saying the dev mentioned something! Jasmine up and running with no issues!

TheHanz

Jul 8, 2014
Pennsylvania
Jasmine V2

I never sign up for web sites but the Jasmine Rom is just so good I had to say thanks. Also concerning the excess power usage, I noticed that when plugged into AC charger the Android OS goes from 40% down to the 20's. Hope it helps. Again thanks to hsbadr for being a great DEV.

PS: K03WL3R I see you helping on hsbadr's forum, please convey my thanks and suggestion to him, for as I am a new member I can not post on his forum.

Thanks

Last edited:

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Sorry it took me so long, there's an open discussion in the general/help section for jasminerom! I'm pretty sure new users can post there?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you tried just making a backup and starting over from fresh stock?

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Also ask here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2780031