|AOKP Discussion Thread|

Search This thread

darkfire2024

Feb 21, 2012
Does anyone know how to turn off the stupid shutter sound for the camera? I disabled it and sound and muted the entire phone but it still comes up. :mad:

Wiskid15

Sep 20, 2008
I'm currently on CM9 A3, and battery life is awful. I get maybe 8 hours. I put my phone to airplane mode at work, since I can't get a signal, and it still drains.

How is the battery life on AOKP??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

ericlikeseatin

Oct 18, 2011
I'm currently on CM9 A3, and battery life is awful. I get maybe 8 hours. I put my phone to airplane mode at work, since I can't get a signal, and it still drains.

How is the battery life on AOKP??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

It still drains when I'm at work (and have a very weak roaming signal) but the drain isn't as bad a CM9a3.

Reactions: Wiskid15

krahim786

Dec 11, 2007
got a weird anomaly and I'm not sure how to resolve it...
Using Instagram, I use the built in Gallery to choose pictures to post on Instagram. Since the update to Build 33, I can no longer choose pictures that are online (Google+ photos/Picasa pictures). It simply chooses the picture, then instagram restarts.

I can still get it to work with Justpictures app. I dont know how many people use this combination of apps. Any help would be appreciated.

gershee

got a weird anomaly and I'm not sure how to resolve it...
Using Instagram, I use the built in Gallery to choose pictures to post on Instagram. Since the update to Build 33, I can no longer choose pictures that are online (Google+ photos/Picasa pictures). It simply chooses the picture, then instagram restarts.

I can still get it to work with Justpictures app. I dont know how many people use this combination of apps. Any help would be appreciated.

quickpic ftw

darkfire2024

Feb 21, 2012
You can use Google voice or on the cm9 page there's sprint visual voicemail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

forcvcr

Mar 24, 2012
anyone having an issue with the Phone app after installing FD19? my phone app keeps crashing whenever i receive and unable to answer the phone, and when make a call and im unable to hang up the phone, bcuz it keeps crashing, although it keeps ringing, the app keeps crashing.

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
anyone having an issue with the Phone app after installing FD19? my phone app keeps crashing whenever i receive and unable to answer the phone, and when make a call and im unable to hang up the phone, bcuz it keeps crashing, although it keeps ringing, the app keeps crashing.

What fd19 kernel did u install? Its already included ???

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

cntchds

Dec 4, 2011
San Jose, CA
Anybody else lose texting (SMS) after flashing Build 32? I've tried flashing other roms but nothing changed. I can send just not receive texts. MMS works just fine.

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Has anyone else enabled Force GPU Rendering in the Developer Options and run into any issues? I assumed it would aid 2D graphics fluidity and keep the frame rates as smooth as possible. However, when I play Drag Racing from Creative Mobile my phone tends to get very hot and occasionally freezes.

That's because youre forcing gpu rendering on apps that might not be developed for it.

The OS is already hardware accelerated.. Checking that box will not speed up your os or make it more fluid as I see many people ask. Any app designed for android 4.0+, including the UI, is hardware accelerated already by default. You're forcing other apps into this mode which has a strong chance of presenting issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBizzle and gershee

gerch123

Oct 11, 2011
Hi

quick question ... i just installed AOKP build 33 and getting all the time the horrible "sleep of death" (ie sometimes when i lock the phone and try to wake it up it just stays black and the only thing i can do is restart) bug...

anyone know a work around for it?

VeNuMuS

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi

quick question ... i just installed AOKP build 33 and getting all the time the horrible "sleep of death" (ie sometimes when i lock the phone and try to wake it up it just stays black and the only thing i can do is restart) bug...

anyone know a work around for it?

Hello gerch did you do a clean install? And if you did sometimes you have reflash it. I've been running build 33 for 2 days without any issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check here for the details of the old thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27412962
    All I can say is WOW! This build is coming along really nice. Very minor little bugs that of course has already been mentioned and is known about. Everyone involved has done a really great job. I can't wait to see how this thing progresses.

On a side note to TCP. Have you thought any about doing a Vanilla ICS ROM? I know alot of people love these extra tweaks but Im sure some would like a Pure Vanilla like what comes on the Gnex. Its just an idea to throw around. Again you guys have done a great job.

Yea i do have a vanilla rom, just never shared, ill upload later tonight when i get home from work

Hmmm... B39?? :D

Here is my own personal PORT of Build 39. Take it for what it is. I dont have an updated kernel since FF02 so that is what is included. I will not be maintaining it. Should work well enough to feed the need.

DOWNLOAD
    I know a lot of people were being douchebags because they didn't get an update every 3 days but what i want to know...

Did the development actually stop and the thread got closed down or...

...did they just close the thread because of those people mentioned above and once 38+ gets its kinks worked out it will be back?

Hasn't stopped. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    i dont really think thats appropriate. times_infinity is a well respected dev who came over and has since made aokp from source. he managed to figure out a lot of teh bugs and get it rolling pretty damn well in the time its taken him. (i started to work on making aokp from source myself about a week or so ago, got it compiling just not booting)

he doesnt have the device and he did a crapload of work to put out build 39, so i guess im failing to see where he isnt wanting to help?

i thought you were real busy with medical stuff and didnt have a whole lot of time? hence why aokp was still on build 37 cuz you had to swap libs and apks etc etc from the galaxy nexus build. his is purely a source built version which means that he can do it every week when a new version comes out and it takes compile time + upload. i figured youd be thanking him for helping relieve soime of teh workload off you... apparently i was wrong...

I logged on just for this :D, yea i was a bit moody for the past couple weeks, I do appreciate everything he has done :D, and i didnt mean the things i posted ( thats why they are gone :p) sorry for acting like a ****, wont happend again ;)

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

yea dont flash.ive bricked. do not flash

o really? how was this? the rom has emmc brick fix, and a safe recovery everything so u dont brick ( thanks to chris)