1.6 out, anyone gotten it?

Search This thread

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
nice, i meant the ota though. After the countless hours i spent on my rooted g1 instead of studying in law school ive decided to keep this bad boy stock, so i have to wait (impatiently) for the ota...the anticipation is killing me

Last edited:

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
For cupcake and donut the g1's without root were able to utilize a flashable update, i guess no love for the mytouch...really thought id have the ota by now

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
I renamed the .zip file to update.zip and put it on the root of my sd card.. but when I boot the phone by holding down Home and Power, I get the ! pic in the center of the display but at this point I can't figure out how to apply update.zip

Can anyone help?

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
Well I figured out how to boot it to look at update.zip on the sdcard, but I receive errors when I try to upgrade the phone. It doesn't appear this is the correct update bundle.

caesar gdi

Jul 2, 2008
I got it today and screwed up a few of the apps i had installed included the HTC_IME keyboard that I really liked.

lahatiel

Dec 14, 2007
Los Angeles
I got it today and screwed up a few of the apps i had installed included the HTC_IME keyboard that I really liked.

Both my myTouch and my wife's G1 got the 1.6 OTA in Los Angeles over the weekend. While it did mess up a few of the apps I ran, a bunch have already been updated in the Market. The HTC_IME keyboard was also messed up but there is an updated version availabe -- do a search in the Dream sections here; I downloaded the new one from there and it's working fine again.

EDIT:

Here's the thread where I got the new HTC_IME that works with the 1.6 update:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=567294