Best Emulators to use?

Search This thread

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
So far I can't find a sega genesis emulator or an NES one that doesn't suck.

I've tried a couple NES emulators and NEStolgia is the only "Decent" one I've found but it doesn't support more than 1 player for the xbox 360 gamepads like the SNES one I have does.

Sega I just can't find anything period.

Also has anyone tried playing playstation on this yet?

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Edit:Retroarch has multiple player mapping.

Retroarch 1.0.0.2 has a large selection,but can be a little difficult to use.
It has the only known working Sega 32x emulator for android via Picodrive which can run Knuckles Chaotix,but sadly not the prototype builds from Sonic Retro.
The N64 and PS1 emulators within may work fine for you,but not for us keyboard users who lack analog input since there is no analog mapping.
You can enable a touch overlay to access the rewind feature and other features. (stupidly missing input mappings for rewind and forward)
Retroarch needs a complete overhaul of its input mapping by adding all system specific controls including analog as mappable buttons plus rewind/forward.

There is PPSSPP's stable release that can even run the homebrew SRB2PSP at full speed (35/35fps) after enough option tweaking in exception to Deep Sea Zone.
PPSSPP runs DBZ Shin Budokai at a near flawless 60fps after tweaking.

I recently tried the DOS emulator called MagicBox with W95.img and got decent speeds,and internet explorer actually opening,but sadly no internet access.
Someone needs to cut out the middle-man and make Windows run properly on Android WITH internet access and unbeatable speed.

Can someone point me to info for getting Windows CE on Android without replacing the ROM or unlocking the bootloader?

Montisaquadeis

Nov 16, 2011
epsxe has no audio on the Kindle Fire HDX no clue if the Fire TV suffers from the same issue or not.

garvani

Apr 19, 2011
So there isn't a decent Sega Genesis emulator yet?

Whats the best SNES emulator? Would love xbox360 gamepad support but not essential.

Just want these 2, I couldn't personally care for N64 or PSE. After those classic games from my youth ;).