[Boot Animations][MEGA-THREAD] updated 11-06-11 QVGA 240x320

WANT ME TO TAKE BOOTANIMATION COUNT TO 50!!

• YES

Votes: 136 97.1%
  • NO

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
THIS IS CURRENTLY THE LARGEST THREAD FOR BOOT ANIMATIONS ON PLANET!

BOOT ANIMATION COUNT:35

HOW TO INSTALL BOOT ANIMATIONS
FOR CUSTOM ROMS
1) download your desired bootanimation.
2)rename the file to "bootanimation.zip"
3) Using any root explorer copy/push your bootanimation to /system/media/ or /data/local/

IF YOU ARE ON STOCK ROM>>>>
1) make sure you are fully rooted...use z4root to root the phone and its perminent root,
install busy box from market and also install root explorer from market!
2) Using root explorer SET to R/W delet the original bootanimation.zip from by Navigating to /cust/(what ever folder depending on which firmware you are using)/media.

SO its from CUST to MEDIA!!!!

3)Copy your desired bootanimation.zip to /data/local/
AND BINGO!!:eek::eek::eek:

WILL BE ADDING MORE CUSTOM ANIMATIONS:):D;)
LINKS TO SECOND POST FOR ALL BOOTANIMATIONS

Last edited:

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
For make new bootanimation, for example, I just have to take frames of a video with the same resolution (480x800)?
We need a precise MB for the zip?

grotesque02

Jan 28, 2011
So I have to made with low resolution?
Because the image in particle blue 1.zip have that resolution

cal2011

Apr 2, 2011
sunshine coast QLD
hey guys, i tried changing bootanimation exactly like in the steps on first thread, first i tried to copy bootanimation.zip to syste/media/ and it said u cannot paste here because the file system is read only ,so i went to data/local/ and pasted there ,rebooted, no new bootanimation , i then went back to system/media and changed mount r/o to mount r/w and it pasted rebooted and no new bootanimation

i had been using custom roms but restored nand backup hoping to get my apps back , they came back but my original rom as well

does this method only work on custom roms?

I also checked the site you refer to for more help but didnt really understand how to do that

any help much appreciated thanks

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
hey guys, i tried changing bootanimation exactly like in the steps on first thread, first i tried to copy bootanimation.zip to syste/media/ and it said u cannot paste here because the file system is read only ,so i went to data/local/ and pasted there ,rebooted, no new bootanimation , i then went back to system/media and changed mount r/o to mount r/w and it pasted rebooted and no new bootanimation

i had been using custom roms but restored nand backup hoping to get my apps back , they came back but my original rom as well

does this method only work on custom roms?

I also checked the site you refer to for more help but didnt really understand how to do that

any help much appreciated thanks

In the stock rom the Ideos checks the cust partition for boot animation. You'll need a custom rom to push the animation to system/media

cal2011

Apr 2, 2011
sunshine coast QLD
thanks tila

worked great, thought it was the custom rom, i read on the froyoman forum someone wanted the original bootanimation, i way prefer the custom ones , the android bee rocks, but if u do use original i hope we can still change them ,

love your work , cant wait for froyoman v3 and gingerman :)

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
thanks tila

worked great, thought it was the custom rom, i read on the froyoman forum someone wanted the original bootanimation, i way prefer the custom ones , the android bee rocks, but if u do use original i hope we can still change them ,

love your work , cant wait for froyoman v3 and gingerman :)

You can always change them!

Top Liked Posts