[ROM] Rebuild of V20Q Gingerbread Update + Tweak Pack

Search This thread

m4rkiz

Jan 14, 2011
it is all working fine, but i have problem with market

it is all good until it updates itself to play, then i have error 941 if i want to update preinstalled apps (flash etc.), and all my purchased and recently used apps no longer are visible on list (only installed are displayed)

uninstalling market update, cleaning cache & data helps only for one run, because it updates itself back and they are gone again...

Last edited:

Flix123

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks Mate!
By installing the new kernel and the hp performance pack everything will work as stock? USB tether etc???
What modifications the hp performance pack includes?
I am thinking not flashing the baseband because of the below thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1559504
If i keep the current baseband of your rom, will i face any issues?

New kernels support usb tethering (e.g. SR3-R2). The performance pack is not needed in new kernels, it doesn't give any noticeable advantages.

I recommend flashing latest 0313 baseband, it's better than V20q baseband.

m4rkiz

Jan 14, 2011
it is all working fine, but i have problem with market

it is all good until it updates itself to play, then i have error 941 if i want to update preinstalled apps (flash etc.), and all my purchased and recently used apps no longer are visible on list (only installed are displayed)

uninstalling market update, cleaning cache & data helps only for one run, because it updates itself back and they are gone again...

deleting market data, cache and uninstalling market update, booting to recovery, wiping cache and dalvik cache didn't helped at all

i wiped everything, flashed rom again and it worked ok for couple hours, then i got dozens force close from market, so i did cleaning again, it fixed it this time, but then i got force closes from superuser... deleted superuser data and it is working again

so it is either me doing something terribly wrong here or there is some bug that is corrupting applications data...

anyway it all seems working properly now, antutu gives me ~5050 points at stock speeds so i give it couple days and will update later

Last edited:

MisterM3780

Apr 2, 2011
Understood... I thought the mod would change the video recording resolution from that strange 1920x1088 to the standard 1920x1080 :eek:
1088 isn't strange. Also TV channels send with that format. It's for avoiding incompatibility issues. Most video editing tools or players need videos to have a resolution, which is divisible by 16. 1080/16 = 67.5 -> 1088/16 = 68.

It's still called 1080p.

But I also have a question to the camera mod. I really appreciate the saving to *.mp4 and the higher bitrate and fps. But how can I reset the numbering of the videos? In the original camera.apk when you deleted for example 006.3gp and recorded a new video it was stored as that 006 then again. Now the numbering is continuing. Even if I delete all videos, the next shoot will have the next number (for example: deleting 001-006, next recording is still 007 and so on). How can this be changed?

Is only the 1080p "Super fine" setting modded? Tried "Fine" to reduce the bitrate a bit... ~9.5 MBit/s is too little (would be useful for "Normal" setting) and could be higher (e. g. 14 MBit/s).

Last edited:

m4rkiz

Jan 14, 2011
after a week of tests i have to say that this is best combination i ever had, smooth, stable, no battery drain, just works, recommended for all p990 owners

SHIRI

Oct 2, 2009
after a week of tests i have to say that this is best combination i ever had, smooth, stable, no battery drain, just works, recommended for all p990 owners

Which combo? PLZ

I have just 2 problems with this phone on every rom = "deep sleep"...
Sometimes alarm even doesn't go off until I unlock the screen, then it starts ringing immediately on wake.
Also no notifications from any programs (messages, whatsapp) until unlock, phone wake or whatever you call it.
Can anyone confirm same problems?

Second is with switching wifi to mobile or reverse... Sometimes mobile internet just won't work until reboot. Happens very often! Anyone?

r00t4ev3r

Jan 26, 2012
Stuttgart
Thank you for this rom ;) I flashed the Baseband and now my baseband is "1035.21_20110725" is this right? I'm not sure :confused:

Last edited:

nasen

Jun 18, 2010
hey I want to give the Rom a try,
can you upload it to another mirror please?

Wupload won´t let me download (some new sharing policies)
and the provided mirror gives me a time out error after pressing "download".

thx!

luka2858

Jul 26, 2011
One dumb question,when official ics comes out can upgrade over this rom with lg update tool or i have to flash stock rom to upgrade?

sent from my optimus 2x or samsung galaxy s 5.0 wi-fi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I made a rebuild of the official V20q Gingerbread Update. Install it in the CWM.

The V20q Baseband is available here (flash it with Smartflash):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jvqo3e93lti795e

In the second post, there's a tweak pack with interesting features and a battery mod.;)

Changelog (Google Translate):
    Fixed some connection problems with On-Screen Phone after restarting the service
    Fixed a problem due to file corruption which caused the misfire batterystats.bin smartphone
    On the "compcache" to improve performance in low availability of RAM
    Fixed some problems in the force close applications preloaded
    Solved the problem of missing USB icon when your smartphone is connected to the PC and press the home button
    Implement the latest security patches Google
    Implemented video chat through Google Talk
    Fast Dormancy enabled with 3G connection active in deep sleep mode to resolve problems of excessive consumption of battery
    Correct operation of the automatic brightness in Camera
    Improved speed and responsiveness of scrolling homescreen launcher LG
    Implemented a fix to prevent memory leaks using the Wi-Fi
    Solved the problem of non-GPS off and fix accendendendo smartphone with GPS off
    Fixed problems connecting to Wi-Fi channels greater than 13
    Google implemented the GMS r9
    Enabled SIP functionality
    Improved recovery of the network after being in an area without coverage
    Fixed some problems that prevented them from making calls with network coverage
    Fixed issues that prevented you to enable or disable the Wi-Fi
    Improved the stability of the smartphone with a patch to the kernel
    Improved lighting of the display after the smartphone awakened from sleep mode, which now takes place more smoothly
    Implemented application Google Music
    Fixed compatibility issues with the call list Bluetooth installed in Ford cars
    Improved battery indicator implementing notches from 5% instead of 20%
    Removed the App Advisor since the service was closed in late 2011
    Added the Google applications: Google+ and Google+ Messenger
    Implemented the Backup & Restore by Google

Features:
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox included
    • Zipaligned
    • Ext3 conversion
    • Init.d support

Download (New link!) (Thanks to crash_better from handy-faq.de!!!)

Mirror1
    Mirror2
    V20q Tweak Pack V3

Here's a tweak pack by me for this firmware.

Install it in CWM, wiping Dalvik Cache is not needed, the pack does it.;)

Features:
    • one version with complete Fast Dormancy deactivation (thanks to gueste;))
    • stopped "set apntype:deafult" logging (in both versions)
    • Camera Mod with 1080p@30fps and higher bitrates
    • LG Updater and On Screen Phone will be removed
    • Settings app without OSP menu and updater ("20MB Ram Hack")
    --> better battery life!
    • patched SQLite libraries for better performance and higher benchmarks
    • My Battery Mod with the following features:

- Circle Battery % Icons
    - Better color transition and blue icons in status bar
    - CRT screen off effect
    - clock fix in status bar
    - transparent expanded statusbar
    - a few little changes

Screenshot:

Changelog:

V3:
    • Now with patched SQLite libraries
    V2:
    • New V20q camera mod with higher bitrates and better quality
    • improved battery mod with transparent expanded status bar and bug fixes​

Download:

V3:
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_V3_FD_on_by_Flix123.zip
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_V3_FD_off_by_Flix123.zip

V2:
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_V2_FD_on_by_Flix123.zip
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_V2_FD_off_by_Flix123.zip

V1:
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_FD_on_by_Flix123.zip
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_FD_off_by_Flix123.zip

If you are sure, that your provider supports Fast Dormancy, install first version. If your provider doesn't support FD, the second version is better for the battery life.
    You can install FD Tweak only without any other modifications:

http://www.mediafire.com/?juj60j4hfijgrxu
    New packs online

Here are the new packs with correct updater script and auto dalvik cache wipe:

V20q_Tweak_Pack_FD_on_by_Flix123.zip
    V20q_Tweak_Pack_FD_off_by_Flix123.zip
    Finally I managed to patch the SQLite libraries of V20q (BIG THX to Spica :) ). After flashing you'll recognize higher benchmark scores and better overall performance:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bpbx4kryudxphy8

You also find it in the 2nd post.