[ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1 [capacitve keys & nfc]

Search This thread

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Re: [ROM] JPO40D 4.2.1 Google Stock Nexus 4 Port for LGE973

Yeah, I have the Optimus G remember! But with this ROM he is saying these capacitive buttons don't work, so I was trying to figure out how to navigate the phone without them, prior to spending a lot of time rooting and flashing this rom.

That's what was just explained to you.
Basically instead of using the capacitive buttons, you will have on screen buttons that do the same.

LG Optimus G E971

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1

Thanks very much for this port. It is running great. Nice to see an option for stock aosp on this phone. Cheers and thanks again for all your work Houston

Sent from my LG Optimus G running 4.2.1

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Hey guys. Just wondering. Since official jb is coming for this phone soon (hopefully), after we root and unlock boot loader with free gee, will the official update be able to be installed? I really want to root and Rom this phone!! But I want to wait until official JB drops so I can make a nandroid of that, and have it as a backup.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
Since installing this I am receiving the following error when I enter Clockworkmod recovery....

E: failed to mount exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /external_sd
E: failed to mount exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1 /external_sd

Any thoughts???

Thanks

noxlord

Apr 4, 2011
Xperia XZ2
Awesome, I have both N4(AOKP) and OG971 (stock) and while I like some of the LG apps better, the N4 feel much better of a phone. Will try it out when fully functionnal .

billybest

Dec 13, 2009

Opening Google chrome settings causes force close. Anyone else?

Also I think it runs much hotter than stock.

Looks very good though for future of Optimus G!

Last edited:

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Since installing this I am receiving the following error when I enter Clockworkmod recovery....

E: failed to mount exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /external_sd
E: failed to mount exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1 /external_sd

Any thoughts???

Thanks

This thread is for this rom. You are talking about Clockworkmod Recovery.
That has nothing to do with this rom. it's a feature sk8 implemented for ATT optimus g since they have ext sdcard.
I'ts not reading an external sd for your device.

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina

The error only started happening after I installed this ROM so I posted it in this thread. Sorry I figured it was a relative post....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

The latest cwm has that error on phones without external sd. The error does not affect us other than being annoying.

LG Optimus G E971

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina

The latest cwm has that error on phones without external sd. The error does not affect us other than being annoying.

LG Optimus G E971

Thanks for clearing this up.

This ROM is running absolutely flawless for me. I have tweaked it a bit to include a circle battery mod as well as extended power menu. Also added some tweaks/optimizations. Thanks again houstonn.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dashaiva

Oct 10, 2010

Is nobody else having trouble with Bluetooth? After turning BT off and back on it will not reconnect to previously paired devices. This was an issue with early versions of the cm 10.1 ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

Is nobody else having trouble with Bluetooth? After turning BT off and back on it will not reconnect to previously paired devices. This was an issue with early versions of the cm 10.1 ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

BT is dodgy in 4.2.1 in general.

LG Optimus G E971

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
Just installed it on my E971. Thanks for the rom!

Is it wise to do a factory wipe after installation?

Edit: This seems to be the same as the CM10.1 rom, just lighter weight?

Unfortuantely for me, if you need to use a proxy for tethering, none of the roms will work except stock. So if you use speakout tethering you are out of luck. This is a CM bug that is in all the JB roms for the LGOG.

Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

Just installed it on my E971. Thanks for the rom!

Is it wise to do a factory wipe after installation?

Edit: This seems to be the same as the CM10.1 rom, just lighter weight?

Unfortuantely for me, if you need to use a proxy for tethering, none of the roms will work except stock. So if you use speakout tethering you are out of luck. This is a CM bug that is in all the JB roms for the LGOG.

This is pure N4 AOSP. CM would probably have slightly more features and probably not as stable as this.

LG Optimus G E971

mike1767

Oct 25, 2008
Flashed smoothly and is running well. I'm trying to add my work email (exchange server) and can't seem to find a native email app. Am I missing something obvious?

ghekua

Jun 25, 2008
Hanoi
Last edited:

mike1767

Oct 25, 2008
Chadouming had said earlier that they were included, so I assumed that I wouldn't need to. I'll try adding them and see.

Edit: Flashed latest gapps and still no go.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lg-optimus-g-aosp-half-screen.jpg

Why convert to N4 when you can run native lgog partitions and be safe..

FEATURES

• I debloated a lot of google stuff to cut down on the size. just download what you want.
      built from google source
      kernel built from source with fixes for your phones
      ran through kitchen - thanks dsixda
      deoxdexed
      su
      busybox
      zipaligned
      photosphere works (just don't change the build.prop device name or it will not work) it's currently set to Nexus 4

UPDATE

• FLASH ROM THEN FLASH MY NEW KERNEL WITH ADDED FILES FOR NFC AND CAPACITIVE BUTTONS >> HERE <<
    This is the latest Stock Mako port from google. Since cm10.1 and aokp can be buggy at times since they are always a WIP.
    I built the stock mako kernel including the fixes that we all as whole has worked together on. This should be as stable as
    google made it. I cooked it through the kitchen so you guys can modify theme or whatever you want. I'll merge the updates
    as we process. Right now you can get what Nexus 4 got out of the box but with your storage. and get a taste of the stock
    aosp experience. I'm assuming this would work for all Canadian variants.

• Install Instructions
      boot to cwm recovery
      factory reset
      wipe cache
      wipe dalvik cache
      -go to mounts and FORMAT SYSTEM then format data
      flash rom
      reboot
      enjoy!

• BIG THANKS
      Shellnutt2
      Chadouming
      Thracky
      Sk8erwitskil
      SnowLeopard
      Jugstar
      haze08 - for providing me with original bell images that I've lost or corrupted
      everyone else I forgot

I WILL CLEAN UP THIS OP NICE WHEN IM NOT BUSY AND NOT LAZY!!! just wanted to get it out for you guys

Attention: I'm not responsible if you blow up your phone... nuff said..

DOWNLOAD HERE

this FLASH THIS >> HERE << for capacitive keys and nfc
    Hey guys I've been working on a build and wanted it to be as stable as possible..

I didn't want to make a new thread but if u guys want.. u can try it out here..
    there's 2 releases today 1 was a normal one I was working on and the other has 2 kernel changes pertaining to wakelocks..

This rom is built like chad's cm10.1 it's strictly for Canadian phones.. all u have to do is be sure to be on the factory flash that works with aosp roms. and have it rooted and unlocked.. if u hang on boot just wait alittle longer. first boot takes awhile.. if not just reboot it on clear cache and dalvik and reboot..

U'll need to reboot manually once or twice once the rom boots up and settle in..

ROM 1
    ROM with wakelock changes

GAPPS

all sources at my github here

I left the device name as Nexus 4 so that photosphere works.. and u should be able to lock on GPS instantly.
    if you don't use NFC I suggest you turn it off then reboot as sometimes it sticks if u don't reboot.. thanks
    Ya I did try both of em. The NFC toggle itself is greyed out, and I already rebooted. Double checked I got the correct edit for build prop too. But it turns out it saved on a pre-existing line, and not another line. So the navigation keys are gone now. Still gonna flash the ported LG JB tonight though..

try renaming the lights.msm8960.so to lights.geeb.so that's what is compiled in the kernel.. and the zip adds the build.prop command to disable the onscreen keys so if you are manually adding it' , it'll be a double entry

I was gonna build a new whole complete rom but i'm helping ShoreDroid build you guys a completely new rom based on the latest google OTA so there' s no use making 2 roms.. he should have all my kernel mods merged and he's gonna fine tweak it so you guys should be set.
    I finally got the nfc to work too now.. i'll add that as well

Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-18-54.png
    sorry guys for the delay....

I've been so busy and also busy with tuning up cm10.1 together with chad on the cm10.1 project.. apparently everything that is coded with base aosp mako rom -we've changed most of the coding to reflect cm10.1 with the naming "geeb" and this causes problems without buiding a whole new rom.. I was waiting on Shoredroid to release an updated aosp instead of making another and having 2 typically of the same roms up.. I would suggest you guys do download the cm10.1 and give it a whirl.. I'll post my sources of git so you guys know what I've been working and tuning. thanks..

device source
    kernel source