[APP] Google Wallet (APK: 1.1-R57v5, Play Store: 1.1-R57v5) [09/03/2012]

Search This thread

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
Tried wiping Dalvik and still get Upgrading Applications after each boot.

Not a huge deal because I rarely reboot my phone, but just wanted to confirm its still happening after.

Hoping I don't get any FC on my test use today.

thatspsychotic

Dec 17, 2011
Same behavior here, still getting optimizing apps on reboot. Also, when I used Wallet at McDonalds, the transaction went through, but got a FC immediately after.

Separate but possibly related note, when attempting to Fix Permissions in CWR, I get an "Error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" so I haven't once been able to run Fix Permissions correctly to my knowledge.

Running stock 4.0.2, Wallet was the first thing I've tried to do since root.

Deadohiosky39

Sep 2, 2010
Can you please email me your packages.xml? Alternatively, open the JavaScript error console and tell me what the error is.

I don't have it anymore. Either it ended up working and I didn't realize it or somehow it just worked wiping and flashing it but somehow I have wallet on there. No app force closes or anything. I've yet to add money or try to buy anything but so far so good.

alangerow

May 11, 2010
Same behavior here, still getting optimizing apps on reboot. Also, when I used Wallet at McDonalds, the transaction went through, but got a FC immediately after.

Separate but possibly related note, when attempting to Fix Permissions in CWR, I get an "Error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" so I haven't once been able to run Fix Permissions correctly to my knowledge.

Running stock 4.0.2, Wallet was the first thing I've tried to do since root.

I was having that problem.

1. You can run Fix Permissions if you Reboot into Recovery and run Fix Permissions from there.

2. The real problem is you don't have BusyBox installed. Search the Android Market for BusyBox and install that. That should take care of running Fix Permissions through ROM Manager.

Reactions: thatspsychotic

lukegb

Jul 8, 2010
Portsmouth
I'm trying to reproduce the Google Wallet FC bug (specifically FC on payment), but with no money in my Wallet now, I'm finding it hard to test.

If someone with the FC on payment bug could get me a logcat log I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
I'm trying to reproduce the Google Wallet FC bug (specifically FC on payment), but with no money in my Wallet now, I'm finding it hard to test.

If someone with the FC on payment bug could get me a logcat log I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

I get the fc bug, I will run to 7eleven now then post the logcat

Sent from my Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Carvin226

Dec 1, 2010

Thanks.

Here's the log of that FC. The stack trace of the crash is bolded.

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  184): START {act=com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity.ACTION_TAP_STARTED flg=0x70010000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity} from pid 13185
I/WindowManager(  184): createSurface Window{41b1e468 Starting com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING
I/WindowManager(  184): createSurface Window{41d04300 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
[b]E/AndroidRuntime(13185): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.google.android.apps.wallet.services.misc.SoundService@42709c10 with Intent { act=com.google.android.apps.wallet.services.misc.SoundService.PLAY cmp=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.services.misc.SoundService (has extras) }: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2375)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1900(ActivityThread.java:122)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1209)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4340)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at com.google.android.apps.wallet.services.misc.SoundService.doOnStartCommand(SoundService.java:134)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at com.google.android.apps.wallet.WalletService.onStartCommand(WalletService.java:60)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2358)
E/AndroidRuntime(13185): 	... 10 more
W/ActivityManager(  184):   Force finishing activity com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity[/b]
I/WindowManager(  184): createSurface Window{41e1d510  paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING
W/ActivityManager(  184): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{41cf3a28 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity}
I/WindowManager(  184): WINDOW DIED Window{41c3b988 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.entrypoint.EntryPointActivityGroup paused=false}
I/ActivityManager(  184): Process com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel (pid 13185) has died.
W/ActivityManager(  184): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.services.misc.SoundService in 7558ms
W/ActivityManager(  184): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.nfcevent.NfcEventService in 17558ms
I/WindowManager(  184): WINDOW DIED Window{41d04300 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity paused=false}
I/WindowManager(  184): WIN DEATH: Window{41d04300 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.paymentnotification.PaymentActivity paused=false}
W/ActivityManager(  184): Force removing ActivityRecord{41baa4f8 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.entrypoint.EntryPointActivityGroup}: app died, no saved state

Reactions: innov8ion

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose

Thanks.

here is my full logcat, take what you need. I get fc but the purchase still goes thru

Reactions: innov8ion

Natolx

Sep 1, 2010
I have absolutely no idea how but the second time I did the google wallet installation(on a new ROM) my optimization on reboot went away after the first reboot... I'm backing the **** out of this setup lol

NPS_CA

Feb 9, 2009
ICL53F 4.0.2 STANDARD APK works!

The standard Google APK works on ICL53F / 4.0.2

Just tested this ; NO FC's - No errors on provisioning card, etc.

This was pulled off by another user, I MD5'd it to the version I got from a Sprint Nexus S

MD5: 3729ced6fbee0c8c642fe074e893846f

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQ6YS0KM

NOTE: I installed this on ICL53F CLEAN install with NO older Wallet ever present. I did NOT wipe or do anything else. So as long as Wallet was NEVER installed on your /system partition or you didn't replaced NFC files this should just work out of the box. If you ever did any of the above get a clean ICL53F installed FIRST (root or no root, doesn't matter) [mine was rooted but a friend got it working no root]

travva

Dec 16, 2011

This was pulled off by another user, I MD5'd it to the version I got from a Sprint Nexus S

NOTE: I installed this on ICL53F CLEAN install with NO older Wallet ever present. I did NOT wipe or do anything else. So as long as Wallet was NEVER installed on your /system partition or you didn't replaced NFC files this should just work out of the box. If you ever did any of the above get a clean ICL53F installed FIRST (root or no root, doesn't matter) [mine was rooted but a friend got it working no root]

so to be clear here, you're saying it's working stock, period? also, do you use the gsm or lte variant?

Protocol 7

Oct 27, 2010
New York City
ipwnage.com

Thank you so very much. Working on my LTE Nexus, got the Google Prepaid card. I'll go try to make a purchase and get back to you.

Last edited:

HandOfReform

Aug 3, 2011
Bloomington, IL
I had it work yesterday at CVS, it crashed and I was thinking it had just straight failed, so I was grabbing my wallet, but as I pulled my wallet out it started printing a receipt...awesome...but do you still need logcats, lukegb? Wish I could donate to you for some google wallet moneys, but in light of Christmas shopping, I'm more than just broke...

Xephik

Jun 18, 2010
Sound Beach, NY
Im using the LTE version, and followed the instructions to the letter with no problems... and im getting a FC when it sets up my Google gift card

Carvin226

Dec 1, 2010
Can someone who installed that APK on a stock build try a payment and see if it force closes? I'll wipe if I have to, but I'd like to know if it's working first.

XZ3R0

Apr 24, 2011

good thing i made a back up before i installed wallet. reverting back worked great.
i tried using ultimate backup to uninstall it and it still wouldn't install the apk version.

alangerow

May 11, 2010
Followed the original instructions and was able to successfully install and set-up Google Wallet, getting the $10 prepaid card. But this morning I made two attempts at purchase, one at McDonald's and another at 7-11, both times it said "Unfortunately, Wallet has stopped".

I just reverted to my pre-Google Wallet back-up to install the APK that was recently posted, and it installs, but when I try to open it says "Unfortunately, Wallet has stopped".

Using Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Prepaid Card Provisioning RE-ENABLED as of 09/03/2012!

Read me first!
    Please use the APK method below, or attempt to install Google Wallet from the Play Store/Shop - note that the old browser trick appears to not be working since the Google Play branding appeared.

Please star this Android issue to draw attention to it! Thanks!

MoDaCo Custom Patched APK Allows easy use with all devices

This allows easy use and I'm currently using this too!

See Paul's thread over at MoDaCo for more info: http://www.modaco.com/topic/354635-region-device-root-patched-google-wallet-apk-11-r63-v12/

Download the patched APK here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 34d6d1afe316df8fca9d7aaad02431ce
    This APK must be installed by putting it inside /system/app and NOT by installing it manually.

Google Play Store (more up to date! recommended!)
    Google Wallet can be found on the Google Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

chart

APK method
    Prerequisites
    You need:

General Instructions
    1. Pull down the notification bar and hit the settings icon next to the date. Then choose "About phone" at the bottom. If "Android version" is NOT listed as "4.0.2", "4.0.3" or "4.0.4", you need to update to a new version. Do that before continuing.

Now, what needs to happen next depends on where you are:
    I'm not in the US!
    If you're NOT in the US, you'll need to be rooted. Grab Market Enabler from the Android Market and install it.
    Run Market Enabler and set yourself as "US T-Mobile".
    Now follow the US instructions.

I'm in the US!
    Open the Wallet APK on your phone e.g. using ASTRO/File Expert/Root Explorer/the download manager.
    Now just open Wallet, and it should correctly authorise.

Troubleshooting
    Help! Google Wallet says "Unsupported Device!"
    This means that you're on a rooted device, and is perfectly normal. Transactions will still work - it's just Google's way of letting you know that you may be less secure than you would be normally, as rooted apps will be able to access Google Wallet internal files. Be vigilant when approving root access!

Secure Element not responding!
    If you have a Nandroid backup of a version of Wallet that worked, try restoring to that. Otherwise, you're screwed unless you get a new device. The Secure Element in your phone has now locked you out.

EDIT: research seems to show that Android is not actually enabling NFC-EE, which might be why it can't communicate with the SE. This needs further research.

To try to avoid this, before flashing a new ROM please, please, PLEASE: open Google Wallet. Open the Wallet Settings menu. Select "Reset Google Wallet" from within the app. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SELECTING "CLEAR DATA" FROM WITHIN MANAGE APPS!
    The Google Wallet reset system will disable it's background services, reset the secure element by deleting the Google Wallet applet (which is what you want!), clear the database, ping C2DM that it is now deprovisioning, clear the shared preferences, clear files and cache, and finally shut itself down. Clearing data from Manage Apps will only delete the database and shared preferences: it will not deprovision, disable background services, and most importantly will not remove the Wallet applet from the secure element.

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)
    Err, what? This should only occur if you previously used the ZIP method. If so, you'll need to manually restore the old versions of the files.
    This can be achieved by either restoring a Nandroid backup from before you flashed OR by following instructions in this post.

I have something not answered here!
    Post in this topic and it'll probably get answered pretty quickly.

I restored a backup and Wallet isn't working
    Try uninstalling then reinstalling the APK. This should get the SE back in sync with the Wallet status.

Changelog
    09/05/2012
    APK updated to 1.1-R57v5 from my device for those who still can't get it on the Store. Sorry for the slow update - it's exam season in the UK!

02/05/2012
    Added note about Google Play Store. I'll update the APK soon, but I recommend using the store - seems that Wallet is even appearing for me in the UK now.

09/03/2012
    Prepaid card provisioning is reenabled! Go use your Wallet again!
    Fixed links.
    Removed ZIP method entirely.
    Mentioned Market method, need to write up instructions.
    Added unsupported device banner note.

02/01/2012
    Added some information that should hopefully avoid people getting hit by the Secure Element issue, and a link to the AOSP issue tracker issue.

18/12/2011
    Removed old ZIP method. APK should work for most people.
    Rewrote OP from scratch.
    ICL53F 4.0.2 STANDARD APK works!

Here ya go

There was an update today. Anyone got it so we VZW users can install?

I just installed it over the what was the last version on a VZW GNX - working perfectly.
    can someone upload the new apk?

Here you go :)

http://db.tt/2AAbl2Vz

Sent from my GNex {GSM} T-Mobile
    Wallet PIN Vulnerability

I am finally able to disclose a major vulnerability I found in Google Wallet. Basically, I am able to uncover your PIN without a single invalid attempt.

Please see below for our press release, detailed blog posting, demonstration app and source code.

Feel free to ask me any questions or report any issues.

The app is also able to give you some useful information about the state of your secure element. This may be helpful for people with SE issues.

https://zvelo.com/news/press-releas...vers-google-wallet-pin-security-vulnerability
    https://zvelo.com/blog/entry/google-wallet-security-pin-exposure-vulnerability
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10770509/WalletCracker.apk
    https://github.com/rubixconsulting/WalletCracker