Replacement back plate

Search This thread

bencassie

Jan 31, 2007
I dropped my Titan the other day and it landed on concrete pretty hard. *weep*

The handset was fine and was protected pretty will by the body, however I managed to scratch the back plate a little and now its driving me crazy because every time I look at it I see the scratches.

Does anyone know if/where you can buy a replacement back plate?

Urvansh

Nov 25, 2010
Centre

Find nearest support centre and they will help you. As they have done with my hd2. Now I am using titan.

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
I dropped my Titan the other day and it landed on concrete pretty hard. *weep*

The handset was fine and was protected pretty will by the body, however I managed to scratch the back plate a little and now its driving me crazy because every time I look at it I see the scratches.

Does anyone know if/where you can buy a replacement back plate?

a) may be buy a gel cover? Cheap and will cover the scratch and protect your phone with further throwing around in future?

b) if you are in 28 days thing, replace it?

c) could you please check your speaker and mic? Last time I dropped mine, it looked like it was a scratch but the speaker was completely messed up and when I spoke in my mic, it echoed to the other person for like zillion times! I had to replace it and luckily was in 28 days period.

Big T188

Jan 9, 2010
Santa Barbara
Call HTC support,they will issue you a new one for free, under the warranty your allowed one accessory per unit, the back cover falls in that category. That's what they did for me. I now have a new one I use when I go out and a scratched one I use at work.

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
Hello I have a similar question, I have the At&t version of the titan, great phone, but believe the black back cover of the global version looks much better. Is it possible to just swap it??
Thanks

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Fuzzy John

Apr 22, 2010
Hello I have a similar question, I have the At&t version of the titan, great phone, but believe the black back cover of the global version looks much better. Is it possible to just swap it??
Thanks

HTC Titan / Eternity ~ Black Housing Cover Door Case Frame Fascia Plate ~ Mobile Phone Repair Parts Replacement by HTC.
$27.99

I don't know how compatble this is with the AT&T Titan.

Mine fell out of my pocket and hit the pavement. Aluminum is not good for things like this. HTC is sending me a replacement.

bencassie

Jan 31, 2007
I dont understand how HTC will send a replacement when they say explicitly on their warranty that they do not cover damages to drops / accidents?!!

Fuzzy John

Apr 22, 2010
I dont understand how HTC will send a replacement when they say explicitly on their warranty that they do not cover damages to drops / accidents?!!

When I comtacted HTC initially I wanted to buy the battery cover. I was sent all over including to non-HTC sites. Finally they said they were unable to locate a back cover for me so they will sent a warranty replacement, which I received the other day.
My guess is that their system is not yet setup to sell these back covers. They can only do warranty replacements.

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
Ordered one from UkHiTech(eBay) and it was shipped on the 22nd and was supposed to take lie minimum 14 days, but it got here yesterday!! All and all the replacement back plate is just as great as the original and has all the serial codes to suggest the seller is honest that it is OEM! I am very impressed cause I now have a black At&t branded titan as apposed to their grey one!

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Ordered one from UkHiTech(eBay) and it was shipped on the 22nd and was supposed to take lie minimum 14 days, but it got here yesterday!! All and all the replacement back plate is just as great as the original and has all the serial codes to suggest the seller is honest that it is OEM! I am very impressed cause I now have a black At&t branded titan as apposed to their grey one!

Could you please share a pic of how this black one looks?

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
Sure thing when I get to my computer, will do!!

one in sunlight, two inside my house, taken with the bare naked htc Titan!

Attachments

• WP_000156.jpg
    WP_000156.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 159
  • WP_000159.jpg
    WP_000159.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 140
  • WP_000162.jpg
    WP_000162.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Reactions: GinCifer

Simmo3D

Mar 24, 2011
I just ordered a backup back cover and its black. Looks better in my opinion

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Thremix

Apr 30, 2011
does it improve the signal?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

does it improve the signal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sure thing when I get to my computer, will do!!

one in sunlight, two inside my house, taken with the bare naked htc Titan!