Sky go - Root - WORKING?!

Search This thread

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
So yea, Sky go now has support finally for the Nexus 4 and jellybean!!! but it doesnt work on rooted phones :( , even using temp unroot, it still sees at i am rooted..

So any way around this?
And if not, can i just unroot and flash root when i need it

Last edited:

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
Ok so i did something kinda strange, but its working...

I uninstalled root using the full uninstall root in the SuperUS app

I then restored root with temunroot in the otaroatkeeper app,

Now i dont have Super SU, but iv verified root using apps and also sky go is working!

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
y8apamet.jpg
vepe3ary.jpg

The only issue is now it just gives apps root access that want it . it doesn't bother asking me obviously because the app is no longer there..

But that surely means sky go is looking for supersu apk
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
So iv got it to work ...

1) ota rootkeeper temp unroot
2) superSU app and use Full uninstall ( This deletes SuperSU apk)
3) back to otarootkeeper and restore root
4) tested root using root checker ... says rooted but no SuperSU app as you can see from the pic
5) tested sky go... works on every channel

Now i tested root with titanium and root checker, both say rooted, HOWEVER, both dont ask for permisson to use root, as the APP is gone, so it seems to just grant it access automatically ( could be risky)

Also iv noticed that if im currently in rooted mode, i.e not tempunrooted in otaroot keeper, and the app reloads, i get the your rooted error , please kindly F off..

If i temp unroot and make sure the ap reloads again, i get Sweat apple pie!

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
i bet it's a matter of changing a string that looks like "check for root" true to false. Or maybe not....

Lol i dont think its that easy...

its been a problem for ages, basically if your on a custom kernel or rom my method doesnt work.. so it obviously checks a few things rather than just the presence of the superuser.apk

Saggs

Nov 14, 2012
So iv got it to work ...

1) ota rootkeeper temp unroot
2) superSU app and use Full uninstall ( This deletes SuperSU apk)
3) back to otarootkeeper and restore root
4) tested root using root checker ... says rooted but no SuperSU app as you can see from the pic
5) tested sky go... works on every channel

Now i tested root with titanium and root checker, both say rooted, HOWEVER, both dont ask for permisson to use root, as the APP is gone, so it seems to just grant it access automatically ( could be risky)

Also iv noticed that if im currently in rooted mode, i.e not tempunrooted in otaroot keeper, and the app reloads, i get the your rooted error , please kindly F off..

If i temp unroot and make sure the ap reloads again, i get Sweat apple pie!

Does anyone else tried this method on the HOX? I've tried but no joy. after most of the unroot/temp unroot operations in SuperSU and Voodoo the phone reboots itself for me then SuperSU is restored and starts responding to root requests again. Where am i going wrong?

ebes24

Jul 11, 2010
Hi,

I too are having this issue with my rooted HOX, I have attempted all the suggestions to un-root etc, but Sky Go still does not work for me.

Is there anyone that can get this working at all?

Saggs

Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone else tried this method on the HOX? I've tried but no joy. after most of the unroot/temp unroot operations in SuperSU and Voodoo the phone reboots itself for me then SuperSU is restored and starts responding to root requests again. Where am i going wrong?

I've now got my jelly bean OTA and lost root. SuperSU is still installed though but doesn't work. All my apps report no rot but sky go still won't work (if you delete the app data/cache you get loading bar before failure). Tonight after work I think i'll remove the supersu .apk and see if that works as I can only think that sky gp must actively look for a super user app as well as root. If that works I'll see if restoring root with voodoo has the same effect as its had for the nexus 4

Hi,

I too are having this issue with my rooted HOX, I have attempted all the suggestions to un-root etc, but Sky Go still does not work for me.

Is there anyone that can get this working at all?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

lilvfr400boy

Mar 27, 2011
Can confirm any show of any su app causes sky go to stop rooted or not tested one non rooted one x

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Saggs

Nov 14, 2012
Can confirm any show of any su app causes sky go to stop rooted or not tested one non rooted one x

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Can confirm lilvfr400boy's method works. Clearing the app data in sky go removes its root search history so stream loads after hiding root with voodoo and clearing the app data. Username and password isn't lost either.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app