[Q] 2 problems about the device

Search This thread

guray3411

Feb 8, 2012
Hello

There are two problems that i need your help

1) About the touch keypad. Please check the images. I dont know how but the keypad got shrinked and now there is an irritating "slide" key which moves the keypad right-left. How can i extend the keypad and remove this needless "slide" key.

2) The energy saving mode of the device sets screen brightness to minimum which makes screen totally dark and renders the device unusable. Is it possible to re-calibrate the min value of brightness ?

Attachments

• 2013-11-30-16-03-17.jpg
    2013-11-30-16-03-17.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 811
  • 2013-11-30-16-03-34.jpg
    2013-11-30-16-03-34.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 674

tietganFTW

Sep 9, 2012
Singapore
Hello

There are two problems that i need your help

1) About the touch keypad. Please check the images. I dont know how but the keypad got shrinked and now there is an irritating "slide" key which moves the keypad right-left. How can i extend the keypad and remove this needless "slide" key.

2) The energy saving mode of the device sets screen brightness to minimum which makes screen totally dark and renders the device unusable. Is it possible to re-calibrate the min value of brightness ?

For the touch keypad stated in 1., that is the one handed typing style and u can disable it in settings under locale. Either that or you can just swipe your finger from the "L' key to the "A" key really quick to change it back to the two handed mode.

For the second one, it can be done but you gotta have root access to your phone and know what you are doing with the system files in the device.

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
The easiest thing is to just tap the Menu button when you are in the dialer, and check/uncheck "One-nanded operation".

By energy saving, do you mean the "Power saver" in the System Settings? If so, the brightness is fully configurable, if you tap on the "Power saver" line item (not on the toggle itself). For example, on my phone it's set to 20% by default (but I never use the power saver, anyway).