Browser with text reflow like Opera

Search This thread

herzzreh

Sep 26, 2006
Charleston
Does any other browser do text reflow like Opera does? Not having it and having to scroll horizontally kinda defeats the purpose in a mobile phone...

Groid

May 7, 2010
The text reflow action is extremely useful. I had it on the Nexus AOSP browser I sideloaded onto my old Bionic and loved it. That browser doesn't work on the X and the AOSP browser in Play store is pretty good, but doesn't have the reflow capability.

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Chrome will reflow to a specified zoom level that you set in its settings and is probably the next best thing. Opera reflows text as you zoom in and out, but not as reliably as it should.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

herzzreh

Sep 26, 2006
Charleston
Does it? I tried both regular and the jet pack and all it does is zoom without wrapping text.

Groid

May 7, 2010
Chrome will reflow to a specified zoom level that you set in its settings and is probably the next best thing. Opera reflows text as you zoom in and out, but not as reliably as it should.

I just checked and my zoom setting in Chrome is 125%. I went to a Yahoo site about the Chinese trade balance which has text across the whole screen. I double-tapped to zoom and the text got bigger, but did not reflow. I still had to scroll horizontally. If you go to a full text screen do you really get reflow on the text? It is certainly not working for me.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Does it? I tried both regular and the jet pack and all it does is zoom without wrapping text.
I just tried with the Dolphin browser I installed from Play yesterday. Reflow works on two sites I tried it on.

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I just checked and my zoom setting in Chrome is 125%. I went to a Yahoo site about the Chinese trade balance which has text across the whole screen. I double-tapped to zoom and the text got bigger, but did not reflow. I still had to scroll horizontally. If you go to a full text screen do you really get reflow on the text? It is certainly not working for me...

I also find it does not work all the time.

herzzreh

Sep 26, 2006
Charleston

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
Double tap to zoom reflow's the text on LegacyGT, are you trying to pinch zoom further and have it reflow?

BTW What are you driving, I have a 05 Outback XT so I visit LegacyGT often.

Beamed from my Moto X

herzzreh

Sep 26, 2006
Charleston
No luck for me. Tap or pinch just zooms, doesn't reflow.

I had a 06 Forester XT, Sandy took it. Now have 11 Legacy H6.

herzzreh

Sep 26, 2006
Charleston
neqa4aje.jpg

Reactions: xshieh

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
Just played with the settings, I didn't have Jetpack on so double tap works. Once I turn Jetpack on it doesn't work anymore.

Beamed from my Moto X

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Naked browser for the win. Best 3rd party browser.

sent from my sm-9005.

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC

sent from my sm-9005.
I'm a fan of Naked Browser too but it no longer does text reflow since the KitKat update. I can work around it much of the time using the text zoom option but it's not the same. I still need reflow sometimes depending on the web site. Opera does a fair job but does not allow zooming on all sites. Not sure I'm willing to use Dolphin.

Reactions: Zoide_

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Huh? I'm on note3 so I guess I dont have that problem. That would drive me up the wall.

sent from my sm-9005.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dolphin reflows text.
    neqa4aje.jpg

sent from my sm-9005.
    I'm a fan of Naked Browser too but it no longer does text reflow since the KitKat update. I can work around it much of the time using the text zoom option but it's not the same. I still need reflow sometimes depending on the web site. Opera does a fair job but does not allow zooming on all sites. Not sure I'm willing to use Dolphin.