board with my tilt

Search This thread

gnafin

Feb 23, 2007
Detroit
Well it's time to start to look for something new... i am getting board with my tilt.....what's new and cool comming out?

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
Did you Mean...

BOARD
boardsn0.jpg

or

BORED

boreduv6.gif

????

Mod'Em

May 24, 2008
I think he meant Bord, which is the Swedish cousin of El Borg.

bush_borg.jpg

Yukka yukka.

So in all seriousness, the Kaiser is slow. Really slow. Like, too much software for too little processing power. I'm coming from a Treo 650, which did exactly what I wanted it to at lightning speed.

I'm seriously considering returning my Tilt and getting a 3g Steve Jobs Special or another Palm PDA.

I went from Palm Pilot -> Kyocera 6035 -> Treo 650 -> Kaiser. So far, I feel like the Kaiser impedes rather than enables my daily productivity.

Bleh.

-Mod

RogueTrooper

Oct 13, 2007
The Tilt is a great phone, what else do you need?

If you want something exciting why don't you pickup a new iPhone 3G? Seems to have a lot going for it..

-RT

Mod'Em

May 24, 2008
The Tilt is a great phone, what else do you need?

If you want something exciting why don't you pickup a new iPhone 3G? Seems to have a lot going for it..

-RT

right now, I'm thinking I need more speed. The Tilt is very very slow compared to my Treo 650, even without overclocking the processor.

Also, the interface is more laptop PC, less cell phone. Five+ clicks per basic task = 4 too many. It's a mouse-and keyboard like interface.

Plus, Outlook Mobile is lame.

I dunno, I still have it and am flashing away to try and improve things. I like having control over my phone's software, hardware and OS, but I don't like having it be agonizingly slow.

-Mod

tropmonky

May 9, 2008
Los Angeles
Mod'em is right about having extreme control over the hardware/software but it being just toooooo daaaaaang slooooooow.

I also firmly believe this is why I'm most definitely waiting for the next gen powered devices (UMPC's/MID's). These are most likely:
-Intel ATOM powered devices (X86 platform)
-NVIDIA Tegra powered devices (can you say 720p H.264 with the CPU/GPU/Chipset only taking up 1.3watts!).

But really, the hardware you see in the videos at the link below almost made me cry! Do yourself a favor and check them out!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/03/nvidia-shows-off-tegra-on-video/2

Those videos show what I've been looking for in my mobile device. I think a Tegra chipset is in my future and going to be the device that takes me away from my tilt.