Stuck on splash screen, but still have TWRP

Search This thread

jst07

May 16, 2010
I'm trying to clean up my S4 to sell, and so I wiped data/factory reset and did format data. I then reflashed HyperDriver 14 and now I get stuck at the Galaxy S4 splash screen. I do still have access to get into TWRP however. Is there something I can do from TWRP to fix this? I have tried to fix permissions and it says FAILED. Do I need to do an ODIN flash at this point? I don't know what baseband I have, but since I have TWRP that was functional does that imply that I have the MDK baseband?

Thanks for any help!

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
I'm trying to clean up my S4 to sell, and so I wiped data/factory reset and did format data. I then reflashed HyperDriver 14 and now I get stuck at the Galaxy S4 splash screen. I do still have access to get into TWRP however. Is there something I can do from TWRP to fix this? I have tried to fix permissions and it says FAILED. Do I need to do an ODIN flash at this point? I don't know what baseband I have, but since I have TWRP that was functional does that imply that I have the MDK baseband?
Thanks for any help!

Try another factory data reset and wipe /cache and /dalvik. If that doesn't work I would double the check the md5 of the HD rom file to make sure it's not corrupted. If the file is still good then you need to reflash the rom but this time do a factory data reset, wipe /system, wipe /cache, wipe /dalvik, and then install the rom, and it SHOULD boot.

jst07

May 16, 2010
Try another factory data reset and wipe /cache and /dalvik. If that doesn't work I would double the check the md5 of the HD rom file to make sure it's not corrupted. If the file is still good then you need to reflash the rom but this time do a factory data reset, wipe /system, wipe /cache, wipe /dalvik, and then install the rom, and it SHOULD boot.

Yeah I tried that again and have done that a few times, still no luck. The MD5 checks out OK. I could try another ROM tomorrow.

I'm on TWRP 2.5.0.2, is there any benefit to upgrading to 2.6.x.x? Would that help me possibly?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
If your going to sell it then it doesn't get much better than just Odin mdk and re reroot it . probably take 10 minutes. Just my two cents lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: decaturbob

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
Is that one a no wipe or full wipe? I tried downloading it but the link is slow.

I did try to flash a no wipe MDK image and it seems I'm still stuck at the same spot.

I believe that one is a complete wipe.
If you have no luck with the no wipe tar, you may want to try the one that does wipe and back up all your internal storage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jst07

May 16, 2010
I believe that one is a complete wipe.
If you have no luck with the no wipe tar, you may want to try the one that does wipe and back up all your internal storage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'll try the one you linked. Just gotta wait 5 hours for it to download. At least I don't have anything to back up, its all wiped already.

Top Liked Posts