[ROM][4.4.4][WEEKLIES & STABLE] Official SlimKat (pyramid)

Search This thread

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms Pyramid, ROM for the HTC Sensation

Contributors
dexter93, Tylog, SlimRoms
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-02
Last Updated 2015-01-01

Last edited:

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
Hello guys, I've just recently found the pyramid in the drawer and started messing with it again.. so here's what I've been working on.

You get: All the latest SlimKat greatness, with @Flemmard's kernel. This is currently a WIP, as I'm working on making it completely bug free. It IS on par with Flemmard's trees and has various fixes, improvements and tweaks from me. Also worth noting is that it IS fairly stable.

I'd like to give a shout out to all the guys who have kept the sensation alive maintaining the AOSP trees. Without them, this wouldn't be possible, nor I would had been motivated to chime in and help. You rock guys

Last edited:

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010

BUGS

busted LPA
Occasional shutdown on led flash burst when taking pics in low battery
No self-powered OTG

You tell me. They will end up in the list only if they're coming from a clean install and include a bugreport or logcat showing the issue. Help me help you ;)

Last edited:

K3nshiro

Nov 14, 2011
Barcelona
Nice to see another Slimkat ! Can it be installed without issues, or is a tweak needed, as mentioned in post #7 ?
Btw, the screenshots look very nice.
Thanks

MaratabHashmi

Sep 9, 2012
Lahore
Error....:confused:

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399454589697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399454589697.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 842

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
Sorry guys, was really tired when uploading. We're using by-name mounting now and recovery has to be updated to support it. I'll upload a working twrp in the OP

Sent from the big brick

Reactions: gemer45a

gemer45a

Oct 30, 2013
XDA-CITY
Error....:confused:

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

Apply the fix from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52454307

Just replace the files in the fix.zip with the ones in the Rom zip :good:

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Sorry guys, was really tired when uploading. We're using by-name mounting now and recovery has to be updated to support it. I'll upload a working twrp in the OP

Sent from the big brick

What of those of us who are using 4ext?

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
Apply the fix from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52454307

Just replace the files in the fix.zip with the ones in the Rom zip :good:

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

What of those of us who are using 4ext?

4ext is an awesome recovery, but also closed source. I'll try to get in touch with the developer

Sent from the big brick

Reactions: gemer45a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms Pyramid, ROM for the HTC Sensation

Contributors
    dexter93, Tylog, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-02
    Last Updated 2015-01-01
    Hello guys, I've just recently found the pyramid in the drawer and started messing with it again.. so here's what I've been working on.

You get: All the latest SlimKat greatness, with @Flemmard's kernel. This is currently a WIP, as I'm working on making it completely bug free. It IS on par with Flemmard's trees and has various fixes, improvements and tweaks from me. Also worth noting is that it IS fairly stable.

I'd like to give a shout out to all the guys who have kept the sensation alive maintaining the AOSP trees. Without them, this wouldn't be possible, nor I would had been motivated to chime in and help. You rock guys
    I Luke that. You can go to settings -> display and raise fontsize. I've set it to big.

Got one minor problem. Music was lagging/stuttering when mobile data was changing from E/G to H/4g (I've been going by train). I use Apollo player. Don't know if its a ROM or app problem though
    Your logs are fantastic.

/sarcasm

A few updates for you guys

The good news: twrp seems to be working fine.

The bad news: I forgot to include the HTC dumlock code, broke S-ON support.

The good news: I'm building a new one with it.

The bad news: Need someone to test.

The good news: I found madmaxx82.

The bad news: He was busy..

The good news: but he's updating 4ext.

The bad news: He's still testing it.

The good news: You guys are reporting bugs!

The bad news: Some exist, some not. I have no logs.

The good news: Search button remapping works now

The bad news: The keylayouts are an absolute mess.

The good news: I threw all of the old keylayout mess to the bin and made a shiny new one

The bad news: I'm not sure if I'll have time to upload a new build

The good news: I'll update the recoveries

A few notes

• Always use the latest 4ext recovery. TWRP seems to trigger an emmc controller bug in some devices
    • Feel free to contribute on our gerrit :highfive:

BUGS

busted LPA
    Occasional shutdown on led flash burst when taking pics in low battery
    No self-powered OTG

You tell me. They will end up in the list only if they're coming from a clean install and include a bugreport or logcat showing the issue. Help me help you ;)