HTC Sensation stuck at htc screen

Search This thread

Friso_HK

Jan 24, 2014
Hey Guys,

I post early the same topic but i didnt had my phone then, and now i have him.

Ok, my phone stuck at the htc screen and does not want to boot, i tried first the android 4.4 rom but without luck, then i tried android 4.2.2 with cm 10.1 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2115520) and without luck. Here is my Hboot etc:

*** UNLOCKED ***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.27.0000
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

I got ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.0.9

I dont have the fastboot and adb files anymore on my pc!

Thanks already,
Friso Kort

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hey Guys,

Ok, my phone stuck at the htc screen and does not want to boot, i tried first the android 4.4 rom but without luck, then i tried android 4.2.2 with cm 10.1 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2115520) and without luck. Here is my Hboot etc:

*** UNLOCKED ***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.27.0000
eMMC-boot

Thanks already,
Friso Kort

since you are on S-ON you have to flash the boot.img of the rom via fastboot command
or flash 4ext recovery and enable smartflash from it before flashing the rom

as you understand in any case you need sdk tools(adb and fastboot) on your pc

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
Hey Guys,

*** UNLOCKED ***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.27.0000
eMMC-boot

Thanks already,
Friso Kort

You need to change your recovery to 4ext 1.0.0.6 RC 1

sent from HTC Sensation 4G

Friso_HK

Jan 24, 2014
since you are on S-ON you have to flash the boot.img of the rom via fastboot command
or flash 4ext recovery and enable smartflash from it before flashing the rom

as you understand in any case you need sdk tools(adb and fastboot) on your pc
Do you now where i can download that?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Forgot that question, i have fastboot and adb and i want to flash boot.img thats in my rom (or do i need 4ext?) but i need the driver of my htc sensation z710e, i have pdanet and universal naked drive 0.72 but i do it in fastboot usb.

put the boot.img in your adb and fastboot folder
open in that folder a cmd window and type
fastboot flash boot boot.img

for htc drivers see here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2217396

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
What about those of us that have no USB connectivity, meaning when USB cable is connected, you get no "Fastboot USB" on the bootloader screen?
I'm S-on, so flashing recoveries from the SD card isn't possible.

ushmal

Feb 15, 2013
Bangalore
Try this...

What about those of us that have no USB connectivity, meaning when USB cable is connected, you get no "Fastboot USB" on the bootloader screen?
I'm S-on, so flashing recoveries from the SD card isn't possible.

Try following method 2 in this guide( through updating via PG58IMG.zip file) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599816. Be carefule about the md5 checksum of the recovery image. Double check before flashing!!

After this, boot into recovery(from the bootloader menu, select appropriate superuser.zip file(for rooting, search xda ...there are many options) and flash root. You now have a custom recovery and are rooted. Now you can flash any custom rom.

All the above assuming you can somehow transfer files to your SD card through a card reader or any other means...
NOTE: Delete the PG58IMG.zip after flashing recovery.

Last edited:

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Try following method 2 in this guide( through updating via PG58IMG.zip file) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599816. Be carefule about the md5 checksum of the recovery image. Double check before flashing!!

After this, boot into recovery(from the bootloader menu, select appropriate superuser.zip file(for rooting, search xda ...there are many options) and flash root. You now have a custom recovery and are rooted. Now you can flash any custom rom.

All the above assuming you can somehow transfer files to your SD card through a card reader or any other means...
NOTE: Delete the PG58IMG.zip after flashing recovery.

Still won't work. I have tried flashing stock firmwares, stock and non-stock recoveries, reflashing root.zip, restore from known good backups, nothing has worked. Phone is stuck at first HTC logo screen and will go no further, and with no USB connectivity, it's impossible for me to flash even PG58IMGs' because the phone is S-on.

ushmal

Feb 15, 2013
Bangalore
Maybe this could work for you...just a suggestion

Still won't work. I have tried flashing stock firmwares, stock and non-stock recoveries, reflashing root.zip, restore from known good backups, nothing has worked. Phone is stuck at first HTC logo screen and will go no further, and with no USB connectivity, it's impossible for me to flash even PG58IMGs' because the phone is S-on.

Ok, from your reply i gather that even though you transferred the PG581MG to your SD card, the phone did not update when your got to the bootloader menu. I do not think being S-ON will prevent you from installing from the zip file...but maybe i am wrong. Hey now all i can think is this:

Turn off your phone, remove the battery, wait for some time(~10seconds), then put the battery back in. Now press Power +Vol down switch together. Now at the boot loader menu select Fastboot and press Power button. Connect your phone to your PC now and wait. The check if the next screen shows 'FASTBOOT USB'.

If you get 'FASTBOOT USB' in the next screen, then you have multiple options, but for you i would suggest that you download the latest RUU for the phone depending on your region and cid. Then run the ruu while the device is still in FASTBOOT USB mode. This will restore your phone's firmware recovery and rom back to stock.

But if your phone does not show fastboot usb then i'm stumped dude...maybe the experts here in our sensation community will be able to help out....

All the best ...and report if anything improves...