looking for Dev phone SCH-R740C Samsung Galaxy Discover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cowboyenvy

Sep 22, 2011
Denver
Hello all,

I'm looking for a Dev phone, something that can be broke for a couple of days while I'm trying to create custom roms/firmwares etc, and something that won't leave me without a phone if I brick it. If anyone is willing to donate a SCH-R740 to a rookie developer I will do my best to get CyanogenMod 9 and 10 ported to this device, as well as maybe a few custom firmwares.

I won't make promises, but I've been having some success, I've successfully ported CWM with pre-built kernel to the device, so there is a bit of a glimmer of hope.

If your willing to donate a phone to this my project please send me a private message.

CowboyEnvy

cowboyenvy

Sep 22, 2011
Denver
I have do have one. Its soft bricked. Stuck on the boot screen

trinidys_zte_Mt_n8000_rooted_stock mod stripped rom

Sorry, just re-read my reply, I'd be more than happy to accept a softbricked phone as a donation as a dev phone, I would like to let you know however, that since you can get into the boot loader there are enough resources currently available that you should be able to de-brick the phone yourself if you wished to press it back into service...

The current ongoing development thread, and Stock ROM images are available at:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49921529

franklynj

May 13, 2014
dev phone sch-R740c Cricket

Still need a Dev phone, wanting a device, I can try Odin flashes on w/o risking my personal use phone.

CowboyEnvy

Hello CowboyEnvy:
Not sure if you still need this model phone for a donation but I happen to have one that is already rooted with ckockwork mod and super su installed. Just has a stock rom with a little trimming on the programs that originally came with it. All I can say is that you pay the cost to get it to you and its yours, otherwise, being homeless and no work, the best I can offer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.